While these results can be used as a template for your character without spending the time/energy into figuring it all out yourself, please understand that this is under an optimal/uniform setting and that these may or may not be the best setups for all situations. Also, I encourage/challenge all of you to try and improve upon these settings and to think outside the box.
Current Goal for Each Spec
The current goal is to maximize DPS for each spec at level 90 in T14 heroic gear using actual gear and abilities available in the game. For each spec, two profiles are provided:
- One that is racial and profession neutral with the Tauren race chosen and two of the professions, Leatherworking and Enchanting, that have the standard 320 agility profession benefit used.
- One that is for the best race and profession combination and represents the overall best possible DPS for the spec.
I am sure that most people realize this already, but I want to point out a few items concerning this thread to make sure that everyone reading it has the correct perspective.
This is the maximum theoretical DPS potential that a hunter of each spec can perform in MoP using the simulation performed by FD.
With that statement in mind, please take the information in this post with the following perspective, such that you can try to project the results onto your specific game play situation.
- This is the maximum DPS potentional of each hunter spec in an ideal single target situation involving
-- 0 latency
-- 0 human reaction time
-- Standstill fight with no movement
-- 100% hunter and pet DPS uptime (no target switching, stuns, interruptions, pushback, etc)
-- Optimal use of hunter abilities with not needing to use any utility abilities that can hurt DPS
- This is simulated by FD and is subject to the limitations of the simulation, including:
-- Averaging out a lof abilities over the whole fight
-- Shot priority and rules that may not be 100% optimal in all situations but which apply well generally
This thread is meant to be an intellectual exercise to help us discover the best ways to play each hunter spec but is not necessarily 100% reflective of actual in game play.
The following settings below are required for consistency in all specs, but any of the other settings or shot priority may be modified in order to try to maximize DPS.
Currently Discovered Best Templates
BM Racial/Profession Neutral
BM Maximum DPS
MM Racial/Profession Neutral
MM Maximum DPS
SV Racial/Profession Neutral
SV Maximum DPS
How To Suggest a DPS Improvement
To suggest a DPS improvement, please do the following:
- Indicate how much DPS is improved by
- Provide a link to the case in FD
- Detail what you changed in FD from the currently listed case in this thread
I did not spend a lot of time optmizing these specs before posting them, so I am sure that there is a lot of room for improvement for you all in the community to find. Have at it!