Photo

[MoP] Best Possible DPS with Zeherah's Hunter DPS Analyzer (femaledwarf.com)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

On FF at the very bottom, just above CoS is a confirm. The reason you see longer than expected between basic attacks is focus starvation on the pets part - while it feels weird (looking back) it actually helps make haste not as bad as it was in cata through bot increasing passive and active focus regeneration via GftT and Invigoration - Crit is still leaps and bounds better for focusregen for the pet due to GftT.

#22 Shasd

Shasd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:18 AM

I was playing with the reforging on the Max DPS for BM. I came up with this after attempting to get it as close to the 3933 haste breakpoint as I could.

BM DPS

Dps:

Combined: 110862.22 100.00%
Hunter: 64939.05 58.58%
Pet: 42961.29 38.75%
Stampede: 2961.88 2.67%

Changes:

Gear:

Belt: Fetters of Death - Heroic > Ranger's Chain of Unending Summer - Heroic
Blue Socket: 160 Agi
Belt Buckle: 160 Agi
Reforge: 244 Exp > Hit

Feet:
Yellow socket: 80 Agi & 160 Haste (Changed from 80 Agi & 160 Crit)

Reforging:

Helm: 302 Exp > Crit (Changed from mastery > crit)
Shoulders: 261 Exp > Haste (No reforge)
Cloak: 205 Mastery > Exp (Changed from no reforge)
Chest: 320 Mastery > Haste (Changed from no reforge)
Bracers: 205 Mastery > Crit (Changed from hit > crit)
Feet: 254 Crit > Expertise ( Changed from haste > expertise)
Ranged: 379 Mastery > Crit (Changed from haste > crit)

This came to an overall increase of 834.06 DPS. I'm fairly sure this is as high as I could get it.

#23 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Looks like the FD fix concerning when the Aimed Shot focus cost is deducted had the secondary affect of resulting in a Troll now being top DPS for MMs instead of Orcs by about a whopping 92 DPS. Pandarens are close to Orcs as well with only being 7 DPS behind. Note though that with FD modeling the Troll and Pandaren racials well but only averaging out the benefit of Blood Fury that I believe that Orc is still the actual superior race for MMs.

I have updated the MM Max DPS case to reflect this.

#24 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

I updated the numbers for each case in the original post. Recent changes in FD have resulted in increased DPS for all 3 specs. BM saw the largest increases, broadening its gaps over the other specs. The change to Aimed Shot damage helped to increase MM DPS more than SV's.

#25 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I updated the MM numbers in the OP. The recent change to AI damage has made it so that it is no longer beneficial to cast GT during the CA phase when you have a T14H weapon. Hence, in both cases I checked the "Disable Glaive Toss while Careful Aim is active
" option. This is an increase of 121 DPS in the racial neutral case and 602 DPS in the Max DPS case.

#26 Spexarn

Spexarn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'm getting theese stat weights for Survival fully raidbuffed ilvl 472....

Agility=3.5 HitRating=1.397, ExpertiseRating=1.01, MasteryRating=0.923, CritRating=0.036, HasteRating=0.778, Ap=1.392, Rap=1.392, Could someone explain to me whats gone wrong? I can dig that haste could be valued more at times depending on plateu, but .932 mastery vs crit (uber) at .036........ ?

#27 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

I'm getting theese stat weights for Survival fully raidbuffed ilvl 472....

Agility=3.5 HitRating=1.397, ExpertiseRating=1.01, MasteryRating=0.923, CritRating=0.036, HasteRating=0.778, Ap=1.392, Rap=1.392, Could someone explain to me whats gone wrong? I can dig that haste could be valued more at times depending on plateu, but .932 mastery vs crit (uber) at .036........ ?

Is that a BM spec simulation? There are some abilities which proc off crit in BM which are supported directly in the simulation which can create distortions in stat value for crit as well.

Update: Missed the word survival. Can you give me a saved setting link so I can see if I can tell what's going on?

#28 Tsoni

Tsoni

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Something is not right with Pandas and food buff. Going from 275 agility buff to 300 one shows a damage loss for about 20 DPS.
For any other race seems ok.

If it helps, this character along with Spirit Beast was imported when I noticed mentioned bug.

EDIT; However, I can't "recreate" the same bug. It might be an error on my end after all.

#29 Butu

Butu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

Seems like the numbers for BM are a little off in the OP, probably because of changes in the sim. Using the links in the OP, I get these numbers:
BM Neutral DPS 109088 -> 109412, a gain of 324 DPS.
BM Max DPS 113714 -> 114053, a gain of 339 DPS.

#30 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

I updated the BM numbers.

I also checked some of the previous changes that people had provided me and which I had not had the time to act upon yet. All of these seem to be overcome by events. In private messages to me, please indicate what exactly you have changed instead of just sending me a link to your settings.

#31 Butu

Butu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Replacing Relic of Xuen with Bottle of Infinite Stars Heroic seems to be a very minor dps gain with the profiles in the OP. Neutral case went from 109412 to 109715 dps (link), a gain of 303 dps, and max dps went from 114053 to 114212 dps (link), a gain of 159 dps. I reforged the mastery in BoIS HC into crit.

#32 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

I just completed updating all 6 of the profiles to reflect the numbers with the 5.1 changes. This includes updating all of the gear pieces via VP. This was just a quick analysis where I did not change any gear pieces and only did a quick reforge to try to get the now overcaps in hit and exp due to the item upgrades closer to 0 ovecap. I do not have the time to optimize each of the cases. PLus, I need to leave something for the rest of you all to do anyway. :)

From these numbers, the max DPS cases for MM and SV are quite comparable and within 0.5% of each other. The 5.1 changes should help MMs perform closer to their maximum potential than previously such that I think that MMs and SVs should be please close in actual single-target fights. SV seems to be less dependent on racials than MM though.

BM is still the clear leader in hunter DPS with doing about 8.5% more DPS than the other two specs.

I apologize for ignoring any recent posts for improvements to the profiles. I was waiting to see the effects of the 5.1 changes. Please reevaluate the changes and let me know if they still provide improvements. If they do, then I will update the profiles.

#33 Tsoni

Tsoni

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

For some reason I'm getting higher DPS score on all cases if I simply just run them. As far as I can see, SV is above MM, so I'm guessing those results on the first page were made before SrS change or am I wrong?

#34 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

Yes, the SrS change was just applied this morning, probably after he updated.

#35 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have updated the numbers again to account for the changes since the last time I posted them. Note that I did not do any optimizations over what was previously there, so feel free to see if you can tweak more DPS.

The current single target numbers by spec look like:

[table]Spec|Max DPS|% Behind
BM|131605|-----
SV|123526|-6.1%
MM|122170|-7.2%[/table]

From these numbers, SV seems to still clearly be ahead on single target fights.

#36 Scrith

Scrith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

For the Beast Mastery Maximum DPS setting, if you move Focus Fire up the shot priority list so that it is above Arcane Shot (and below Stampede) you'll gain 140.57 DPS (for a total of 131745.21).

#37 Scrith

Scrith

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Just taking the three existing Maximum DPS templates (for BM, MM, and SV) from the first post shows some interesting results with the current 5.2 settings:

BM: 129214 (down 2391)
MM: 125800 (up 3630)
SV: 124601 (up 1075)

#38 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

A file is missing so I can't check the site at the moment but Zeherah changed support for Legendary gems so old saves don't include them anymore hence the lower result for BM. 5.2 changes compensated that for other specs.

#39 Whitefyst

Whitefyst

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

I updated the 2 MM numbers as a starting point for others to maximize. A few things to note:

- This profile is 223 hit over the cap. I could not reduce that hit without replacing heroic thunderforged gear or tier pieces. Hence, the hit overcap stuck. This excess of hit makes the Shado Pan Assualt trinket a horrible option.

- ET is still a DPS loss in single target situations

- GT is a small DPS loss during the CA phase and can be ignored

- Delaying CS cast during the CA phase is best but not much better than using CS on CD

- Naturally this set up started with a huge amount of haste at over 8000. Reducing this haste much though is a DPS loss since 7896 haste rating is the level for a 1.33s SS cast time allows 3 SSs in a CS cycle and still having a tight CS cycle. Since 3 SS CS cycles are the most common, this is a nice benefit. I did reduce as much haste as I could to get a little more crit and more mastery and was able to reduce haste by about 2K, but that situation was a 550 DPS loss. This is not that much relatively to 160K DPS. Hence, after crit, mastery and haste are pretty even.

- AI is definitely used more often now as the focus dump, but AS is still used a significant period.

- Rune of Re-Origination is very interesting trinket. Due to its stats havok, I looked into replacing it; however, since it has a high amount of static agility, it is by far the second best trinket. The original setup had crit rating > haste rating. This meant that when this trinket procced that all haste and mastery went to crit. This caused several problems:
-- During the CA phase, SS and AI cast times were increased. This is actually not a bad thing since both were below the 1s GCD anyway with both RF and BL.
-- During the CA most of that extra crit is lost since the two main shots, AI and SS, are already crit capped due to CA. It does help our other abilities though.
-- When the trinket procs outside the CA phase and when otherwise unhasted, our SS cast time is increased to a little over 1.5s, which is not too bad if only need 2 SSs that cycle, but the odds are that you will need more SSs since the lost of haste also reduces focus regen.

I then tried the trinket with haste higher than crit to enable AI hard casts when the trinket procs. This was a DPS loss since the AIs and other shots have horrible crit rates and loss of PS damage.

#40 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

What limits are you placing on profiles. For simc T15H, we use any heroic or Raden loot (which is thunderforged), but not other thunderforged loot. My understanding is that other thunderforged loot will be quite rare, or at least rare enough that it's not useful for guidance or planning. Additionally, simc normally runs with the assumption that 2 shaman and 2 warriors are dropping totems and banners respectively. One note: the current best profile has only 10% for the CA period instead of 20%.
[table]Most recent|165,682
... plus 20%CA|166,741
... plus totems and banners|173,170
Simc T15H in FD with WF settings and totems|159,510
Simc T15H in FD|166,557
Whitefyst's profile in simc with default actions|170,715
Simc T15H in simc with default actions|174,713[/table]

The primary improvements in the T15H profile under FD came from saving focus for murder and prioritizing chimera. That still isn't as good as the current best here, but there are two interesting notes: for just a small difference in overall dps, the tradeoffs around murder and chimera flipped; and that in simc the profiles are different in their performance. I suspect a non-trivial difference is in the shot selection during the rune trinket proc. I could potentially build an entirely different shot selection for a rune proc in simc, for example. That made a big enough difference for Monk to be worth special work (and it made the trinket BiS). I have not yet encountered proposals for those behavior differences, though.

Last note: while Zeherah and I were comparing outputs for the above numbers, we found opposite bugs in RPPM proc handling. We hope that the numbers between the two systems will converge a little more. Trinkets like rune, however, are likely to make action list differences much more noticeable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users