What limits are you placing on profiles. For simc T15H, we use any heroic or Raden loot (which is thunderforged), but not other thunderforged loot. My understanding is that other thunderforged loot will be quite rare, or at least rare enough that it's not useful for guidance or planning. Additionally, simc normally runs with the assumption that 2 shaman and 2 warriors are dropping totems and banners respectively. One note: the current best profile has only 10% for the CA period instead of 20%.
The primary improvements in the T15H profile under FD came from saving focus for murder and prioritizing chimera. That still isn't as good as the current best here, but there are two interesting notes: for just a small difference in overall dps, the tradeoffs around murder and chimera flipped; and that in simc the profiles are different in their performance. I suspect a non-trivial difference is in the shot selection during the rune trinket proc. I could potentially build an entirely different shot selection for a rune proc in simc, for example. That made a big enough difference for Monk to be worth special work (and it made the trinket BiS). I have not yet encountered proposals for those behavior differences, though.
Thanks for the feedback - very much appreciated. Some comments:
1) Good catch on the CA phase duration. I am pretty sure that I had changed that but when going back to a previous save I must have undone it. Both MM profiles are now updated to include the 20% CA phase.
2) Concerning the limits on the profile, for the most part I tried to specify that in the Fixed Settings area. In there, I chose to set Skull Banner and Stormlash Totem to zero. The reason was somewhat arbitrary considering that this is a max DPS case, but I left those off since those are specific buffs provided only by a single class or spec that not every 10-man raid will have included.
3) Concerning the Thunderforged gear, good point on its rarity and the very small odds that anyone will have all the possible Thunderforged gear. I did not consider it when quickly making this profile. However, what reasonable limits would your propose? Use no Thunderforge gear? Limit the number of Thunderforge items?
4) As I stated in the post, I am pretty busy at the moment and just quickly formed this profile to get the ball rolling with knowing that there should be room for improvement. Your note seemed to indicate some changes that could be made (beyond the buffs), but I was unclear on what exactly you were suggesting. Please clarify, and I will update the profile.
5) I agree 100% that when Rune of Reorgination procs that the rotation should ideally be changed (like we do for RFs), but FD already does a pretty good job of doing that automatically where from a quick assessment I do not see really anything I would change. My thoughts on the 3 possible situations:
- Haste is highest stat: This one is the easiest to model in FD since when the proc occurs, it is mostly modeled as increased haste rating, which is factored into shot cast times. Thus, FD automatically switches to using AI as the focus dump, and the chosen FD rotation should be pretty ideal. The problem with this case is that SS cast time is incrediblly low and the huge loss of crit makes each shots damage greatly reduced.
- Crit is the highest stat: When the trinket procs, we have no haste rating from gear. Thus, the base SS cast time is much longer at the base 1.58s with raid buffs and SF. FD should self adjust pretty well for the slower SS cast time and the lower focus regen and automatically adjust the shot selection accordingly. The situation is very troublesome in the CA phase where that extra crit is mostly wasted since SS and AI are already crit capped and where the loss of haste adversely affects AI cast time once RF wears off.
- Mastery is the highest stat: Since I currently do not see any value to such a build (unless for AoE), I will not dicusss it, but I believe that FD models it sufficiently.
The main problem that I have with this trinket is that we work hard to reforge our gear to get the ideal optimization of the stats. While it is true that you can change the stats some amount and see relatively little change in DPS, when you totally clear out 2 of the stats in favor of 1, the situation is unbalanced and definitely a DPS loss.