• Please log in to reply
846 replies to this topic

#821 silvercued

silvercued

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Websites like AskMrRobot and Noxxic are more often wrong than they are right. Import your character into WrathCalcs, get the stat weights for your current gear set-up by pressing F9 on the second page and import those manually into AskMrRobot.

10296 Haste is the breakpoint to aim for (it means you instant casts take one GCD). You can set that manually in AskMrRobot as well.

If you have the legendary meta gem, you should be starting in Solar and not Lunar (unless it's General Nazgrim where you hold your cooldowns off until the first Berserking phase).

For single target fights (talents: Force of Nature and Heart of the Wild) you start in Solar Eclipse > Starsurge on '1' to pull > Wrath until trinkets proc (unless they proc straight away) > Celestial Alignment > Moonfire > Force of Nature x 3 > the usual playstyle.

For multi-target fights (talents: Incarnation and Dream of Cenarius) I am still a bit confused myself on what the best way to go is. I guess it's something like this:

Pre-pull: HT > Astral Communion into Solar Eclipse > HT
Pull: Starfall > Potion of the Jade Serpent > Starsurge (on '1') > Wrath until trinket procs > Incarnation > Celestial Alignment > usual playstyle

Does that sound right?

Yes, that makes more sense to me, except where does Troll Berserking and Synapse Springs come in? It seems a waste to me to use Berserking in solar because of being so close to the GCD. I haven't checked up on this lately because Noxxic and Icyveins are oblivious to what the correct opening is, and it is tough to find searching through these forums, but we are still casting starfire in celestial alignment right? If we are, I am guessing the correct place to use the Synapse and Berserking would be to macro them with Celestial Alignment?

#822 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

but we are still casting starfire in celestial alignment right? If we are, I am guessing the correct place to use the Synapse and Berserking would be to macro them with Celestial Alignment?

Yes, we cast Starfire during Celestial Alignment. And Starsurge on cooldown. If you get a Shooting Stars proc at the very start of a Starfire cast, you can move slightly by pressing both mouse buttons to interrupt it and cast an instant Starsurge.

I would macro Berserking and Synapse Springs with Celestial Alignment as well.

Evolution 9/14 HC is recruiting a Ranged DPS (Elemental Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Warlock) and a Healer (Disc/Holy Priest, Resto Druid). Apply here.

#823 Devourer

Devourer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

AskMrRobot is telling me to reforge all my Crit into Mastery after the 10289 breakpoint. That's contrary to what the stat priority was in 5.3. Has this changed with 5.4 (as in, is it now better to reforge Mastery over Crit)?

#824 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'll answer here since the guide isn't flagged for 5.4 yet--but nothing important should have changed. Mastery is pretty close now but I haven't seen it has better.

#825 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

AskMrRobot is telling me to reforge all my Crit into Mastery after the 10289 breakpoint. That's contrary to what the stat priority was in 5.3. Has this changed with 5.4 (as in, is it now better to reforge Mastery over Crit)?

Again. No. Don't trust AskMrRobot and always check the stat weights for your specific gear set-up in WrathCalcs.

I'll answer here since the guide isn't flagged for 5.4 yet--but nothing important should have changed. Mastery is pretty close now but I haven't seen it has better.

5.3 Stat Priority

Haste (10296) > Crit > Haste > Mastery

5.4 Stat Priority

Haste (10296) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Evolution 9/14 HC is recruiting a Ranged DPS (Elemental Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Warlock) and a Healer (Disc/Holy Priest, Resto Druid). Apply here.

#826 Devourer

Devourer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

On dummy tests, I'm getting about a 40k drop on DPS using FoN over Incarnation. Why is this the preferred talent?

#827 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

On dummy tests, I'm getting about a 40k drop on DPS using FoN over Incarnation. Why is this the preferred talent?

How many tests have you conducted and how long did they last? Did you have all of the buffs that you would have in a raid?

#828 silvercued

silvercued

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Is there a Macro to cast all 3 treants at once? Currently I can only cast 2 at the same time..

#829 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

My question wasn't as if AMR was gospel, I just wanted to know if anyone knew why it was so strange.

It might be because Simcraft doesn't model Dream of Cenarius correctly.

#830 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,540 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

The OP had been in good shape, but I went through it so I could finally put the 5.4 tag on it. I also attached the last version of the sheet from the WC thread, which I think had everything ready. Please post anything that still needs updating in either the guide or the sheet.

There were few other changes other than cleaning up talent/glyph upgrades, adding trinkets, stuff like that. Stat priority didn't change appreciably. I added a few notes relevant to current high haste/crit gearing, like always using SS immediately, and the alternate opener. Something still to do is to look into the details of multi-DoT behavior more.

#831 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thok talent/spell choices.

we tend to extend the phases as much as we can, this means that his interrupting roar is casting faster than i can time nukes inbetween for a while.

I am wondering what would be best dps,
HoTW + FoN - when the Roars start happening too fast (external + warlock symb already used) - spam the eclipsed dot.
HoTW + FoN - when the Roars start happening too fast (external + warlock symb already used) - use HoTW and go kitty?
DoC + FoN - when the Roars start happening too fast (external + warlock symb already used) - spam the eclipsed dot buffed by DoC.
HoTW + Fon - when the Roars start happening too fast (external + warlock symb already used) - pop HoTW and rejuv blanket to increase the time melee get to dps the boss.
something else?

spamming a DoC eclipse DoT is more dmg then spamming HoTW dot, but won't HoTW preform better overall as this is mostly a single target fight (you get 1 add that dies fast every once in a while= single target) so for the rest of the fight HoTW does better.

#832 Thaanatos

Thaanatos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Again. No. Don't trust AskMrRobot and always check the stat weights for your specific gear set-up in WrathCalcs.

5.3 Stat Priority

Haste (10296) > Crit > Haste > Mastery

5.4 Stat Priority

Haste (10296) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I did this exact thing in WrathCalcs and then manually input the stat weights into AskMrRobot. It too is telling me to shift everything to mastery. This can't be right, can it? I'm essentially giving up only 6% crit in exchange for about 25% of mastery. If I'm reading WC correctly, it says my mastery weight is 4.18 while crit is 4.27. AMR only shows a dps increase of about 1,600 though.

#833 Guest_Arzo_*

Guest_Arzo_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

For some reason my AMR profile with my boomy gear is telling me to regem/forge to 13k haste, even though i have the 10k hbp soft cap chosen. any reason why this is happening?

#834 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

For some reason my AMR profile with my boomy gear is telling me to regem/forge to 13k haste, even though i have the 10k hbp soft cap chosen. any reason why this is happening?

Did you run it in resto spec, like how you logged out now? :P

#835 littlebougui

littlebougui

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Dear, 

I've got trouble with balance spec, bad dps. Ilvl 517

I would like use wrathcalc.xls but I don't find it in attached.

Could you help me please ? 

English is not my first language, sorry :))

#836 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

The attachments seem to have been lost by the software import. We are only just finding out about it now though so we'll get right on that. We have access to old board so throughout today we'll be going back and grabbing attachments from it and moving them here as needed.

#837 Devourer

Devourer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Would Crystal of Insanity and Bread of the Dead be better for Balance than flask and 300 food? I ask this because CoI and BoD gives all stats, which means you get triple hit bonus, can reforge out of it, and then get over half of the int you would have gotten before. You basically get to reforge out of 1824 hit, while getting 608 int and 608 of all DPS secondary stats.

#838 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Would Crystal of Insanity and Bread of the Dead be better for Balance than flask and 300 food? I ask this because CoI and BoD gives all stats, which means you get triple hit bonus, can reforge out of it, and then get over half of the int you would have gotten before. You basically get to reforge out of 1824 hit, while getting 608 int and 608 of all DPS secondary stats.

Considering it has a 15min cd and the flask is removed on death then it's quite unpractical for progression wipes or any wipe for that matter.

#839 Gebuz

Gebuz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

"all stats" is only primary stats.

#840 Arzo

Arzo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

Did you run it in resto spec, like how you logged out now? :P

Sorry for the really late reply....but no, i logged out in balance spec/gear many times just to make sure. it was really weird when it happened. But recently i changed my OS to feral bc my boomy dps was horrible for some reason, but may go back and test it out soon. Im looking for new info on boomys, like openers, CD usage, stat preferences...if any of this has been updated and is in the sticky then i will def read it again. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users