"all stats" is only primary stats.

Makes that an easy answer.

#842 Vany

Vany

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:14 AM

Maybe i'm blind, but i can't find the linkt to wrathcalc for 5.4.

Can someone post a directlink or pm me, pls.

Vany

#843 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Until I reorganize the OP, the last WC was uploaded here: http://forums.elitis...47#entry2270042

#844 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Replying to this post from WC thread:

So it looks like we are getting to gear levels where SS wastage is causing Mastery to outperform Crit. I ran my gear in wrathcalcs with varying levels of Crit vs Mastery manually shifted between them, at two levels of SS wastage , 1 dot (~17%) and 2 dots ~(30%). For the former the crossover point was ~14900 crit which I'm above and for the higher wastage it actually crossed over at 11600 crit. 

Looking at my logs, with the level of crit I am at, I really struggle to keep single target SS wastage to below 30%. So I think the best advice for boomkins is to try and reduce the SS wastage, then "tune" wrathcalcs to that using the SS wastage parameter and then use those stat weights. For all but the best boomkins with perfectly no-lag collections, I think that means gemming and reforging mastery once above 12000 crit or so. 

I know there was a good argument from Slippykins to using lower wastage default on this thread a year ago, but that was a lot of iLvLs ago.

(Caveats: The below was for ilvl 573 gear using Incarnation and HotW, DoC changes the picture a lot, FoN doesn't really)

Crit_vs_Mastery.png

That's interesting, and definitely in line with things we talked about sometime before. And in general, it stands to reason that crit and mastery will equalize as you stack crit enough (the graph explains this pretty well).

It might become more relevant again to point out the soft benefits of Mastery: it's on for our big opening burst with potion and everything, and it's on anytime we're doing a planned burst or AoE. So it can exceed its on-paper value.

The current WC doesn't use a fixed wastage %, it has a model that will increase wastage on its own as crit/haste/targets increase. You still want to tune the overall level based on empirical data, but the benefit of crit in the sheet does account for the fact that part of each additional point is wasted.

Edited by Hamlet, 26 February 2014 - 09:51 PM.

#845 Cloudio

Cloudio

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

hello, 

i got a quick question. I have tried to sim some friends to check the stats, but the simcraft is not showing any information regarding the weapon damage. 
For melee classes, weapon damage ( even weapon speed ) is very important so we pick up the weapon with higher damage stats. how does it go for boomkins ? if i have two weapons with similar stats but different weapon damage/speed, does it matter ?

#846 Cloudio

Cloudio

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

anyone ?

#847 Tarm

Tarm

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

For melee classes, weapon damage ( even weapon speed ) is very important so we pick up the weapon with higher damage stats. how does it go for boomkins ? if i have two weapons with similar stats but different weapon damage/speed, does it matter ?

Weapon damage/speed does not matter at all. Only spellpower. In general, pick the highest ilvl weapon you have because it will have the highest spellpower.

If choosing between 1H + OH and a 2H of equal ilvl and similar secondary stats, go for the 1H + OH as the OH intellect enchant will push it ahead of a 2H weapon.

#848 Dolson

Dolson

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:19 AM

A nitpicky thing I noticed in this guide(and the wowhead guide) was the GCD cap at 10296. While it's a really minor difference, I don't understand why you would recommend that people actually go for this past the 10289 DoT breakpoint if they can stay even closer to it. There is really no gain of going any higher than 10289 if you can help it.

Just because haste value plateaus significantly after 10296 doesn't mean that there is a reason to go that far. It's like .0001 sec on your wrath. 

#849 Dragon9625

Dragon9625

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:29 AM

As far as I understand it..it's not for your wrath, it's for Starsurge under SS procs, which you might be getting back to back quite often at this point. Having the GCD at it's absolute lowest means an increase in Starsurge casts over time which means in increase in dmg output.

#850 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Opened a discussion for 6.0:

http://forums.elitis...ion-discussion/

#851 Keresis

Keresis

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

Hey everyone,

Long time forum stalker, decided to join up with an account to prep for great discussions for 6.0.

Late arriver due to "life" to 5.4 and I'm looking at the chart above regarding SS wastage above certain crit levels. With my haste comfortably at 10289, is it recommended to reforge crit after 12000, too?

Cheers

#852 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:32 AM

The 5.4 WrathCalcs will be best for answering that question; I tried to model that wastage problem as well as I could. Off the top of my head, crit's still fine at 12k, although crit/mastery start to get pretty even.

#853 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,951 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

Crit and Mastery are pretty even on paper, but the fact that Crit gives you more SS procs to use on movement fights makes it worthwhile to keep stacking it (in my opinion) even at high levels of Crit.

#854 Hest

Hest

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:10 PM

Long time stalker first time poster,

I have been playing for some time and recently got into doing Heroic 25s with my guild. I was doing fine to a point but, I am having problems maintaining DPS equal to my ilvl output. From WrathCalcs as a guide I should be in or around 290K but I am plateuing at 220k or lower. I have been following most of the relavent thread information and am just looking for help. I start preset to go Lunar, pop in and dot then CA with Incarn. From there pop SF on CD and SS as procs and keeping up with the transition. From there pushing to Solar and NV and so on.

I can see 400K burst but then I taper and drop. I have posted logs and if there is any help you can provide or direct here please post away.

http://www.warcraftl...rce=36&fight=10

http://us.battle.net...ternor/advanced

Edited by Hest, Yesterday, 02:15 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users