• Please log in to reply
971 replies to this topic

#921 Kwayver

Kwayver

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

It could be added on op, that before pull you can get free 8 hp by using holy pvp set: 5 hp before pull, inq, 3 more and swap pve gear back on and start with full 5hp. Normal bs version should also work, so you can do this with little effort.

where exactly were you planning on getting this hp before pull? i dont think any bosses have at least 8 critters running around for you to pre-hp.
i am 99% certain when changing from holy spec to ret spec your hp is removed, same as your mana.

#922 Pdawg

Pdawg

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

(4) Set: Casting Flash of Light grants 1 charge of Holy Power.

You simply need to equip the gear, cast FoL 8 times, and switch back to your ret gear. You never need to change specs so the Inquisition and 5 HP are not lost.

#923 TerellinMisha

TerellinMisha

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Biggest issue I see with that is HoPo decay vs. mana regen as ret. Can you get 8 flashes off in the time it takes for HoPo to decay? Bearing that in mind, you could feasibly use the holy pvp gear to precast 3 flashes for inq right before the pull (that's all your mana, more or less), then swap out for ret gear and go on the pull. Then you'd be starting with inq up already.

#924 Hinkyz

Hinkyz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Drink to regain mana?

#925 Kwayver

Kwayver

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

for some reason i seem to remember the 4set being gaining 1 hopo when 3 are spent.

if you use the holy helm as 1 of the 4 pieces, you can use the max mana meta for 3 quick spam flash heals

#926 averykey

averykey

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

I see a lot of rets on other forums talking about a "17000 haste cap", is this true? or is this something that people have made up. I haven't seen any math on this.

#927 Imperviable

Imperviable

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Under the cool down section:

During AW with SW the recommended priority effectively becomes: HoW, J, HoW, TV/Inq, repeat. This is because Judgment (including Mastery damage) should deal more damage than Exorcism.

Is this referring to Crusader Strike? Mastery damage should only affect CS, HoTR, TV, and DS. Under AV, CS + Mastery damage hits harder than Judgment for me.

#928 Konke

Konke

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

I see a lot of rets on other forums talking about a "17000 haste cap", is this true? or is this something that people have made up. I haven't seen any math on this.

There isnt and ppl just say this magic 40% is enough to not have any cd between abilities, so theres no gaps anymore. This doesnt count, that until 50% gcd gets reduced, aw procs increase, during cds we can get more abilities used, hence increasing dps. People think that we only increase haste so that we could get finaly those gasp from rotation, but forget that it does still more things than just that. It would be nice to some theorycrafter to count, what is the point where mastery would edge out haste, or is it plain and simple that haste keeps winning until 50%?
"He's got to make his own mistakes and learn to mend the mess he makes. He's old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it. He's noble enough to win the world, but weak enough to lose it. He's a New World Man..."

Rush - New world man

#929 Montoyal

Montoyal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

Actually the pseudo haste cap that is mentioned became a thing because of the issue that for haste to actually be that great dps increase you have to be able to use all the extra miliseconds it gives you from the reduced GCD and some people felt as though with their latency this probably won't be possible. The 40% haste or 17000 haste raiting cap is just a nice little rounded number that feels pretty comfortable . Haste is BETTER until gcd capped in theory but to be able to use all these extra gcd's with bad latency could become an issue. It's just a taste thing and you have to try it out to find your magic "cap".

@Imperviable

That's a mistake. It's been stated some time ago that after the SoL CS hits harder than judgement especially with SoO Weapon DPS.

#930 Tyrionth

Tyrionth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I don't quite get this... I ran some sims on helterskelter with my current gear and it keeps getting haste quite low on comparison to other stats.
Could anyone explain this to me? Thank you
Posted Image

#931 Guest_Belephebe_*

Guest_Belephebe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Is it a mistake that on your spreadsheet, Exemplar, SoL doesn't affect divine storm !?

#932 Pulout

Pulout

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

I don't quite get this... I ran some sims on helterskelter with my current gear and it keeps getting haste quite low on comparison to other stats.
Could anyone explain this to me? Thank you
Posted Image

If you look at the tooltip for Helter Skelter, it says "Movement, stuns, interrupts, target switching every two minutes."

That likely implies that not ever ability will be hit on CD which will lead to haste being devalued. The assumption here is that you'll be getting fewer attacks off and the ones that you do get off you'd want to hit like a truck hence crit and mastery are both going to exceed haste in value.

I may be incorrect, but that's what I believe it to mean. Someone please correct me if that is incorrect.

#933 Akawa

Akawa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Actually, I've been seeing Crit overtake Haste and Mastery for a while now. Maybe it's because of my gear, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

My character is http://eu.battle.net.../Romul/advanced

(Yes, I have the tanking meta equipped - I use this helm for both specs.)

Here are the results for a Patchwerk (where haste should shine, right?) fight at 25000 iterations:

xVsC7Cw.png

I am getting very similar results for "Light Movement Fight", as well.

#934 Montoyal

Montoyal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

It probably has something to do with you using a haste proc trinket . When it procs you get 22,800 Haste. that's above the 50% or 21,250 haste cap . Now the crit vs mastery thing is a close call and I would guess that if you got some more crit the weights would change to mastery's favor again. 

#935 Forged1

Forged1

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I am curious if anyone has found the optimal rotation using divine purpose and t16 for such aoe fights like galakras?

#936 Exemplar

Exemplar

The One-Eyed Man

• • Guide Author
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Is it a mistake that on your spreadsheet, Exemplar, SoL doesn't affect divine storm !?

No.... the line labeled "Mastery" would be that damage (cells G29 and H29).

For all those questioning why the OP mentioned X or Y - I haven't been able to edit the post for nearly a month (I suspect the EJ software update was to solve issues like this, but now rather than an error I click save and no changes actually occur).  The OP will be updated... whenever it lets me.

Rock: "We're sub-standard DPS. Nerf Paper, Scissors are fine."
Paper: "OMG, WTF, Scissors!"
Scissors: "Rock is OP and Paper are QQers. We need PvP buffs."

#937 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

You saying you cannot update it? Also, be aware you can click the "lightswitch" icon in top left corner to switch it to code editing mode. It may be the live edit that isn't agreeing with your edits. Also, poke your head into the guide writer forum where we can test guide authoring issues and work with you guys to get them all sorted out. We have fixed many already. Also a great place to test posts out of public eye.

#938 Belephebe

Belephebe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

No.... the line labeled "Mastery" would be that damage (cells G29 and H29).

These cells are about templar verdict.!??

If i compare the cells "average hits post buffs/miti", i see the presence of SoL for templar verdict (G27 or H27) but not for Divine storm (G41 or H41).

#939 Cloudio

Cloudio

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Do you reforge into mastery for AoE encounters ? i am going for haste>mastery=cril on single target and Mastery>hate for AoE encounters, on first 5 tries ( swapping reforge between haste and mastery prio ) , it seems mastery is much better for AoE encounter. Can anyone confirm ?

#940 Teleros

Teleros

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

To avoid reforging out of other useful stats and into expertise, which (until the 7.5% cap) is a pretty important stat for us.

Clear ether!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users