Photo

World of Logs Analysis (Help me not suck thread)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 lu432

lu432

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

World of Logs

World of Logs

World of Logs Report

Wow Armory

Hi Guys I am doing well with mechanics but I seem to be having a serious dps issue. I am guessing it has to do with my rotation and the way I am using my cd's. I would appreciate any help. I feel like i am struggling in an area I should be excelling at. I am open to all suggestions.

#42 Plide

Plide

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

I'll start at your gear:
1. I think the VP trinket is better than the Talisman of Rage, but i'm not sure about it.
2. Gem for the Socket Bonus in the Chest, it should be almost always a DPS increase if you gem for them.
If you are over 7.5% hit and you can't drop anymore hit, gem Haste/Stam in blues to get the bonus, it adds some extra survivability. Don't forget to change them if you can drop some hit by getting an upgrade.

Don't Glyph Inquisition, it's a straight DPS loss! Otherwise, your Talents & Glyphs look good.

I just took a quick look at your Jin'rokh logs:
1. You want to pop your Wings/Guardian in the first puddle when your mage pops heroism, and you want to pop them together. Second Wings look okay.
2. Don't use Execution Sentence without Inquisition up.
3. You only used your synapse springs 2 times in a 3 minute fight. If you are lazy, you can make a makro where you use them and then cast Execution Sentence. Both have a 1 minute cooldown.
You should also try to use Execution Sentence when you popped Wings (and if you popped Guardian+Wings, wait for 20 Stacks of Ancient Power, then use Execution Sentence for maximum effect).

That's everything i can see at the moment, hope it's understandable :)

#43 Redlucidity

Redlucidity

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 03:14 AM

Only delay Execution Sentence for more Ancient Power stacks if you are 100% certain you won't be losing out on an additional use at the end of the fight. Also, more often than not str procs from trinkets give you more str than just the ancient power stacks, so make sure to track your trinket procs and use Execution Sentence during a str proc if you can. If it's later on in the fight then for the most part just use it when it comes off cooldown.

Also, macro synapse springs with your level 90 talent. Something like:

#showtooltip Execution Sentence
/use 10
/cast Execution Sentence

On your armory atm you're way over 7.5% hit, and under 7.5% expertise. If you need help getting optimal reforging use the addon Reforgelite.

Aside from that your inq uptimes looked good from the handful of fights I looked at, just make sure to stack cds like the previous poster mentioned. Also getting your 4p is a sizable dps increase, when you do get it just remember to try not to use cs before tv again if you already have a 4p proc. Good luck!

#44 Crophidious

Crophidious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

1st time posting, need help/advise with Heroic Horridon

Arrmory Link:Crophidious @ Stormrage - Community - World of Warcraft

Heroic Horridon World of Log Link: Damage Done - 20-07 22:11 - Opponent - World of Logs

My gear might have had upgrades since the world of logs link above, but my DPS hasn't improved.

I am on add duty for all doors and need to grab the orb when it drops. My DPS is very low for my gear, so maybe I am not DS enough or need to spend more time on the boss.

With the new raid coming out and atleast 4 add fights, I need help. Been playing Ret since Lich King, but was never top DPS.

Thanks in advance for your time.

#45 lu432

lu432

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the help guys :D

#46 Redlucidity

Redlucidity

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:47 AM

Cro, you had 81% uptime on inquisition, which needs to be more like 97-8% for a fight that long. Also, you are not using divine storm enough. Whenever there are two or more targets and you don't have a 4p proc, use ds. Make a macro so you can judge your focus target, set Horridon as focus, and use judgment to keep censure on Horridon most of the time. You didn't use prepot or any cds on the pull, and only used guardian once in an almost 11 minute fight. You should be using it on the pull so you can also use it 5 mins in and again with wings and your 2nd pot at 10 mins. Also, it's clear you aren't using HoW every other gcds during wings since you specced sanctified wrath, you need to try to use it every other gcd unless you at 5hp or need to refresh inq.

If you can manage to get gear without hit on it that would help a lot too.

Here's one of my logs if you want to look at the Damage By Spell tab to see how much I use stuff/how much damage it's doing. I use HA on this fight because of all the aoeing.

Details for Revvn - 20-08 19:40 - Promethean - World of Logs

#47 Crophidious

Crophidious

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:19 PM

Thanks for the help, I know my uptome on inquisition is bad. I still need to work on it, but getting the Orb is a pain.

However, I was able to improve my DPS by a good amount, but still needs work.

Details for Crophidious - 24-08 22:15 - Triple Dragon - World of Logs

Thanks again for your insight.

#48 Stardance

Stardance

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Please pardon me if this post is out of place, but I cannot find a way to resolve a problem. On the World of Logs web site, I registered as a user/member/player/whatever, then created a guild (which I then found on the Inactive tab of the WoL Realms\Guilds page). When I tried to install the "client", it asked for the username and password of my account to "verify".

So I input those and the installer responded that one or the other (or both) is invalid. I was already logged-in to the WoL web site, which apparently is required in order to install the client. So I aborted the install, returned to the website, and signed out. Then I reloaded the home page and attempted to sign in. It responds that the user name and/or the password were invalid.

There is no way that I could see to contact anyone about that. Also, to use the "associated" (?) WoL forum, I would have to undergo yet another "registration" procedure, with all the attendant bells and whistles. I will not bother. I am thoroughly fed-up with broken websites. If "registering" as a user of the WoL website does not automatically allow me to use the forum, then I won't use the forum.

Be that as it may, it looks as though I cannot use the WoL website either.

#49 Rallian

Rallian

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:43 AM

So there is another ret paladin in my guild named "Zaturn" you'll see him in the parse, we are basically on par with each other gear wise, but he absolutley destorys not only me but the meters as well genrally 1-3 place depending on the fight. I've talked to him and we've compared...but I just don't knwo how to break my own glass ceiling here. I've reforged, gemmed etc maybe someone here can point out what I may or may not be doing that's keepign me from the rank category of player.

WoL:

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=4688&e=5078

Armory:

http://us.battle.net...Tyazráel/simple

due to the thok trinket I am reforgiing crit>mastery but keeping the normal haste build so I am Haste>Crit>Mastery

same as the other pally but Im not gemming crit like he is maybe someoen can help me understand whats wrong and what I need to fix

Edited by Rallian, 24 December 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#50 golfinguy

golfinguy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

So there is another ret paladin in my guild named "Zaturn" you'll see him in the parse, we are basically on par with each other gear wise, but he absolutley destorys not only me but the meters as well genrally 1-3 place depending on the fight. I've talked to him and we've compared...but I just don't knwo how to break my own glass ceiling here. I've reforged, gemmed etc maybe someone here can point out what I may or may not be doing that's keepign me from the rank category of player.

WoL:

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=4688&e=5078

Armory:

http://us.battle.net...Tyazráel/simple

due to the thok trinket I am reforgiing crit>mastery but keeping the normal haste build so I am Haste>Crit>Mastery

same as the other pally but Im not gemming crit like he is maybe someoen can help me understand whats wrong and what I need to fix

1)  If your armory link is the right spec right now - you have wasted points in hit and expertise.  AskMrRobot.

2)  Your guild-mate had 15 more HoW than you did even though you had more ability usage overall - perhaps you're not prioritizing it correctly when available?

3)  It seems his use of the strength potion may have been better timed than yours - perhaps a better useage of burst damage?

4)  He had a crap-load more crits than you - way beyond what stats you each have.  I can't explain, perhaps more wow-educated people here could.

#51 Zuuma

Zuuma

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Hello, I would like some advice on my tanking. I consider myself to be an okay paladin tank, However I can´t seem to keep up with the HPS/DPS and damage taken compared to other paladin tanks, I´m mostly intrested in improving my dps, however any advice on what I could do Better would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are 2 Logs of our most recent Raids: 

http://www.worldoflo...ex5fyanhtocrgm/

http://www.worldoflo...hk5c1r0ldx6wx3/

Armory:

http://eu.battle.net...ar/Zuuma/simple

I hope That I can get some help not sure how to move forward from here, :)

Edited by Zuuma, 10 February 2014 - 11:53 PM.

#52 Icharispally

Icharispally

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

Having trouble keeping up with other melee DPS.  Here are a couple of logs:

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=2054&e=2288     (this is with 40% haste unbuffed)

http://www.worldoflo.../?s=3504&e=3847   (this is with 40% haste when buffed)

My armory is here:

http://us.battle.net...sflame/advanced

I have optimized with AskMrRobot, and when i used clcret, i use this rotation:

inq inqes inqlh inqhpr ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how tvaw cs j ds_4t16 tvdp exo tv4 tv3 ss

Any help would be appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users