• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

#1 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

So, since there is no thread dedicated to Holy, I hopefully wont get banned for starting a thread to discussing specifics of Holy.

I'd like to open with talking about trinkets. I'm currently using and and am struggling to decide if or viable upgrade over unliving from a regen point of view.

Arcane Torrent has also been nerfed to now only grant 2% of base mana.

With regards to level 90 tallents, I've found Light's Hammer to be incredibly strong so far in the 5 man content and assume that will transfer into 10 / 25 man (I raid 10).

#2 Archieewee

Archieewee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

From mana regen PoV, is the best, but you still lose almost 500 int, so I'd suggest you use

I'll also enter the discussion with a question:
vs
And what do you think about gemming mastery/spirit over int/spirit on the yellow sockets?

#3 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm using the Revitalizing along with Mastery + Spirit gems. I'm aiming for as much spirit as possible, Intellect just doesn't feel overly useful once all other gear is upgraded to 5 man heroic.

#4 rinleezwins

rinleezwins

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

From mana regen PoV, is the best, but you still lose almost 500 int, so I'd suggest you use

vs
And what do you think about gemming mastery/spirit over int/spirit on the yellow sockets?

Int/spirit. Intellect will always provide more HPS than mastery.

#5 Dein

Dein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:15 PM

vs

Some rough napkin math says Revitalizing will grant more mana than Ember's base six thousand if a fight lasts more than two minutes (without factoring in Arcane Torrent and Divine Plea, but these gains should be close to negligible).

#6 BÃ ohazard

BÃ ohazard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

I actually want to discuss our level 90 talents, while execution sentance doesn't really feel on parpar with the others, light's hammer and holy prism both seem really strong. In 25 mans Light's Hammer will probably be the talent of choice. In 10 mans and heroics Holy Prism seems so strong. The single target heal is about the same as a divine light and the aoe portion is stronger than light of dawn. The only problem is the weird positioning need for the full effect of the aoe heal

#7 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

I've gone got Light's Hammer, even as a 10 man player simply due to the fact I greatly dislike the somewhat horrible positional requirements and mechanics of Holy Prism.

#8 eirohir

eirohir

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

I don't think hps will be a huge problem, since 1hp EF on as many targets as possible will yield 30k+ without blinking and transfer thousands of tiny heals to the beconed target, coupled with illumination and lights hammer and only casting spells when necessary should prove to conserve mana without sacrificing hps.
My concern is with mana regen, I am aiming for 9k ish regen to begin with, stacking spirit with every enchant and gem imaginable, even resorting to spirit trinkets.

I'm still a little fuzzy on the stat weights and yields, and am wondering if sacrificing int for spirit would keep the mana flowing for fights that last more than 5 minutes. Realising that int/spirit/haste is still the prefered prio, would there be significant loss in stacking spirit?

#9 mikecheck

mikecheck

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'd like to kick off:
current reforge priority. spirit > mastery > haste > crit ?

Regarding the current lack of "overgear" that might be the state of the art in a couple of weeks again, I once again - as in every fresh expansion - find myself in the situation, where I am thankful for every direct benefit when it comes to hps/absorb. Thats where I think I might benefit more from mastery's absorb, then from the 'bit' of haste you might get from current 463 gear.

Can't yet tell if its working out, but its definetly something I will test for the next couple of days.

Would love to hear your statements on that.

#10 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'm using Spirit > Haste > Mastery > Crit but the idea of prioritising Mastery over haste is interesting, it could be a useful method to help with mana in the initial raids, while gear is relatively weak and has holes (from items not dropping in the 5 mans).

#11 Vethon

Vethon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just out of interest what Glyphs are people using?

#12 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

Divinity / DProt / DPlea.

#13 mikecheck

mikecheck

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Same, but with Protector-of-the-Innocent (20% selfheal on Word of Glory use) instead of DProt.
Grants a lot of selfheal combined with Divine Purpose.

Altough this might not be my choice to go for raid. Not sure yet. But its def. sweet in heroics.

#14 Dein

Dein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Divinity / DProt / DPlea.

What's the reasoning behind taking ? I'm assuming that almost all incidental damage we will be taking is probably going to continue to be magical damage, which makes giving up 20% magical reduction seem a little silly.

#15 Neos300

Neos300

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:34 PM

What's the reasoning behind taking ? I'm assuming that almost all incidental damage we will be taking is probably going to continue to be magical damage, which makes giving up 20% magical reduction seem a little silly.

Sounds to me like it's more of a PvP glyph. Unless the devs are planning on healers/ranged taking untankable melee damage in raids, I can't see why this would be useful in a raid.
Voldemort should have shatter combo'd Harry.

#16 Giledhel

Giledhel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't think hps will be a huge problem, since 1hp EF on as many targets as possible will yield 30k+ without blinking and transfer thousands of tiny heals to the beconed target, coupled with illumination and lights hammer and only casting spells when necessary should prove to conserve mana without sacrificing hps.
My concern is with mana regen, I am aiming for 9k ish regen to begin with, stacking spirit with every enchant and gem imaginable, even resorting to spirit trinkets.

I'm still a little fuzzy on the stat weights and yields, and am wondering if sacrificing int for spirit would keep the mana flowing for fights that last more than 5 minutes. Realising that int/spirit/haste is still the prefered prio, would there be significant loss in stacking spirit?

I got ilvl456 and im on almost 9220 with some greens still. Should we aim for more then?

#17 Rrui

Rrui

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

I find it useful for Sacrifice on tanks.

#18 Jenos

Jenos

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Because not all fights have magical damage. For example, the Will of the Emperor Encounter has little magical damage, but much of the aoe damage is physical. Unglyphed Dprot would be worthless on that encounter, whereas glyphing it would give you some resistance at least.

Sounds to me like it's more of a PvP glyph. Unless the devs are planning on healers/ranged taking untankable melee damage in raids, I can't see why this would be useful in a raid.

Not all physical damage is melee, there have been encounters in the past where aoe damage is physical(for example in t13, morchoks stomp was physical, as was all the AoE in blackhorn p2) and it looks like there are a handful encounters in t14 where this will be true. Just glyph for those fights.

#19 Dein

Dein

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Just glyph for those fights.

I agree that it can be useful, just extremely situational.
So I guess, /agree? Well said.

#20 Mokal

Mokal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Anyone tested Glyph of the Battle Healer - Spell - World of Warcraft in raids?
What about reforges, mastery still the strongest and way to go?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users