• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 Melthu

Melthu

Confused

• Moderators
  • 2020 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

New thread for MoP. This is the thread for simple questions regarding Restoration. If your question applies to one of the existing thread topics, please post it there instead; if you expect to generate significant additional discussion, create a new thread. If, however, you have a simple question that only requires a simple answer and don't see a better place to post it, this is your thread.

Review the forum rules.
Though forum rule 7 is relaxed for this thread, that doesn't mean the rest of the rules are. Familiarize yourself with them prior to posting or you will be infracted.

Additionally, we are now allowing you to post your World of Logs parses if you feel stuck with respect to your healing output. Please note you must follow the criteria listed here:
  • The parse must be from a 10 or 25 man raid (non-heroic is fine). 5-mans and target dummies are not welcome.
  • In line with this, you must be max level (90). We're not about to look over a log from a level 70 Sunwell run.
  • Your profile MUST work. If you tend to change specs/log out in PVP gear please create a character profile through Wowhead or a similar site. That way if your issue is related to your gear, help can be provided. If your post is about an alt druid, you absolutely must provide an armory link/character profile or we simply can't help you.
  • You must give a few sentences regarding what you think your problem is. Are you moving a lot due to fight mechanics? Do you perform some niche role that may impact your healing? (healing a kiting tank that requires you to be out of range of the raid, etc). We can't help you if you don't help us.
  • You must specify your healing role within your raid. Do you tank heal exclusively, raid heal exclusively, do both with an emphasis on tanks, do both with an emphasis on the raid, etc.?
  • Help for healing is more limited than DPS due to the nature of healing in general. Be reasonable. Do not come here saying TreeCalcs says you should do 9.5k hps and you're doing 9k, that's not something we can fix. The help provided here will be more along the lines of critiquing your spell break down with respect to the role you've stated that you provide.

Please note that this thread is no exception to how the rest of our forums work regarding the fact that no one is obligated to help you. Do not bump, repost, or cry about it. You will be heavily infracted if you do.

#2 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hello, I'd like to apologize in advance, this is my first post and I feel like I'm bound to have misunderstood some kind of rule.

I've never really worked with World of Logs, so I'd like some help figuring out what I can improve as a resto druid, I always feel like there's more to push but I don't know how to do it. I'll link two raids, one where we spent an entire night wiping on Stone Guards and another where we killed Stone guards on the second try and attempted Feng the accursed for a while.

Here's my armory page:

Numira @ Ravencrest - Community - World of Warcraft

Any comment on gemming/enchanting/gearing is very welcome, but if it's not allowed in the thread I'd be happy to welcome those in PM's.

I'm generally all around healing with an emphasis on raid healing during panic periods.

Here's the guild page:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

And here are the two raids in case I've failed to understand how to link the world of logs.

3 man healing.

4 man healing untill we noticed zerk timer was too close on Feng. (4 man during dogs entire time)

What I've been thinking about is my usage of rejuvention, I feel like I should use more, but I tend to go oom if I do, should I save some mana in order to rejuvention more?

I also want to hear someone else's opinion on the amount of mana regen that is needed, I feel like getting perhaps 1k more mp5 then start gearing for int instead, is this a good strategy, or should I be going for throughput sooner or later? I do know mana is a personal issue, but I want to hear what you guys like to do as my mana consumption is very adaptive.

If there's any general tip you can give me it's also welcome.
(Other then stop standing in the pools like a noob, I've got no excuse for that one, I just suck I guess)

I've been forced into a role as raid leader on and off because of various hinders for our usual raid leader, is this something that I should stop doing to improve my healing or do you guys think it's manageable with some practice? I felt very unfocused and wastefull with my mana the first couple of times I did it. The first raid I was merly commenting about healing and what to do healing wise on vent and the second try I had to handle everything from taunting the dogs to healing CDs by my self.

There's so much I've planned to ask, but I can't seem to figure out anything more to add.

Thank you so much for your time reading this, I hope I've done everything correct, and if I haven't I apologize, english is not my native language but I've done my best :)

#3 Merlune

Merlune

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hi, I just recently switched to restoration druid after having played paladin and shaman for most of cataclysm. I haven't played a resto druid hardcore in a while. Right now I think my problem is my effective hot up-time and the timing of my HoTs. I was wondering if there are any tips for proactive healing or if there is something else I can do to help keep up. I have tried talked to Moodonna ( in the WoL), but he strait says " all in the reflex". I am looking for just a bit more than that! Thanks!

Armory: Merlüne @ Rexxar - Community - World of Warcraft

WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

P.S. Also my first post so if I messed up some rule I am sorry! Just ask and I can fix whatever you want!

#4 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Hi, I just recently switched to restoration druid after having played paladin and shaman for most of cataclysm. I haven't played a resto druid hardcore in a while. Right now I think my problem is my effective hot up-time and the timing of my HoTs. I was wondering if there are any tips for proactive healing or if there is something else I can do to help keep up. I have tried talked to Moodonna ( in the WoL), but he strait says " all in the reflex". I am looking for just a bit more than that! Thanks!

Armory: Merlüne @ Rexxar - Community - World of Warcraft

WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

P.S. Also my first post so if I messed up some rule I am sorry! Just ask and I can fix whatever you want!

What I can see from the armory you have almost 800 wasted points of haste, any haste above 3043 is waste if you cannot reach the next cap which I think is at 5.7k

Spirit, intellect and mastery all seem fairly close when compared in gem slots (Don't quote me on the haste though) because 1 intellect is worth 2 spirit in gems, so always go for set bonuses, there's for example a 120 intellect bonus from your chest that looks really tasty and if it wasn't too much lose I'd go for it since your mana regen seems fairly good already.

I'm also more of a fan of the all stats enchant on chest, I tend to judge 1 int ~= 2 spirit right now, and that gives a total of 80 int (160 spirit) + 80 spirit = 240 points of spirit, not even considerd the other values such as stamina. If you feel like you're having mana problems you can remove glyph of regrowth to be able to swiftmend regrowths after casting them from clearcasting, I found that this makes me able to use swiftmend pretty much on cooldown.

There's something that I noticed but I have no clue on how to fix, and that is the large amount of overhealing you have, you had the highest of all the healers on your feng the accursed wipes, as I said I don't know how to change this other then don't hot people that the other healers already hotted and are currently healing up, this generally turns into alot of overhealing but it's hard to notice.

You also have somewhat high downtime, where you aren't doing anything. If there's no healing needed right now you can always start casting nourish and interuppt it if the tank is on full health right before you finish the cast, this generally is free healing because nourish is so cheap.

Rejuvention is a spell that seems really good in 25 man, I don't raid that size so I'm not 100% sure of what the healing situation looks like, but I'd try to use alot more of it then you're currently, it shouldn't be any problems but if you run into heavy mana issues then I'd suggest moving away the mana spent on regrowths and healing touches to rejuventions instead.

That's probably all tips I can give you, there's also a really good spell information guide in the restoration druid thread on the forums that helped me alot when judging spells on the fly for efficency, if you haven't read that, then that's a good place to start.

Hope I've helped you in any way possible.

#5 Merlune

Merlune

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

good spell information guide in the restoration druid thread on the forums that helped me alot when judging spells on the fly for efficency

Where is this? I have looked, but can't seem to find if on these forums.

#6 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Where is this? I have looked, but can't seem to find if on these forums.

http://elitistjerks...._5_0_x_release/
same forum as this thread.

#7 sharoon

sharoon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

My guild started heroic modes this week I found it almost impossible to keep up in mana on heroic feng. we had to get spriest mana cds just to last though the fight. The only real break we had in healing was Spirit of the Fist
that was because we either shielded the epicenters or stunned them the rest of the fight the raid dmg was fairly high.
i guess my question is how to deal with this i have taken to stacking spirit just so i can feel like i can last thoughout the fight i have been using spirit flask/food. i have logs of the kill and wanted to know if there are any thoughts on what to do here. or am i just miss using my mana.

#8 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

My guild started heroic modes this week I found it almost impossible to keep up in mana on heroic feng. we had to get spriest mana cds just to last though the fight. The only real break we had in healing was Spirit of the Fist
that was because we either shielded the epicenters or stunned them the rest of the fight the raid dmg was fairly high.
i guess my question is how to deal with this i have taken to stacking spirit just so i can feel like i can last thoughout the fight i have been using spirit flask/food. i have logs of the kill and wanted to know if there are any thoughts on what to do here. or am i just miss using my mana.

Spirit flask/food in general is a really bad choice, during 6 out of 9 fights you didn't even get two extra rejuvention from them, in order to gain more from the flasks you should be using intellect flask/food. I don't know what the heroic situation looks live, I've personally only killed the two first bosses on normal, however I as a 10 man raider in ilvl 366 gear is pulling roughly 55k hps when I perform well, never drop below 50k unless the healing isn't nessecary. I also do those kinds of numbers while raid leading.

I'd say that the problem is that you have alot of overhealing from your hots, especially rejuvention which is at 44% overhealing, you also seem to drop lifebloom alot, you should really try to have it at 100% uptime at all times since it is _the_ best healing spell of druids when it comes to mana efficency (2k mana for 15 seconds of steady healing is unvaluable).

I'd say that you should work together with your other healers to make sure that your hots isn't wasted as much as they are currently, and then just practice _alot_ of resto druid healing. Put emphasis on doing 6-7 minute intervalls where you end at 10-15% mana, you don't want to run oom during these practices, because you'd have no mana for panic actions such as regrowths that isn't clearcasted and so on.

If I were you I'd go for pure int gems from the JC gems, the difference is only 160 in pure stats, and in general I tend to aim at 1 int = 2 spirit, anything less then that favours int. The haste cap is at 3043, so you currently have 61 haste wasted, it's not much but it can help to reforge this away to mastery.

I also noticed that you have only about 11% uptime on tree of life, the optimal (used on cooldown all the time) uptime is about 17%, and it's a really good mana saving talent so if possible try to use it as often as possible in order to save your, and the other healers, mana, it's especially effective in 25 mans since you can lifebloom even more people. If you need the burst healing that it provides then I'd suggest going SotF instead, it's really effective when combined with Wild Growth and it really helps mending what Druids lack the most, burst aoe healing. I've been tending to benefit alot more from SotF just because I don't need the mana saved from Tree of Life, and my raiding group (10 man) lacks good burst healing. SotF is also really good to use with lifebloom on periods where no one but the tanks take damage, for example during the phase changes on Feng the Accursed.

I generally also tend to favour Heart of the Wild as my level 90 talent because it provides a solid boost, and therefor helps me save mana in general compared to the burst healing of Nature's Vigil, which tends to put my overhealing over the roof compared to my 20% average currently. It might be worth thinking about if you don't need the burst once again.

My highest recommendation is to stop favouring spirit that much, in the resto thread Hamlet have done some math about spirit vs Intellect, and as you can see in those posts, Intellect tends to benefit mana regen alot more then people think. I'm currently sitting at 8000 spirit, with my both trinkets being regen trinkets my mana regen equalls to 9400 spirit, you're sitting at 9700 without any kind of spirit proccs or anything factored in, so if I were you I'd gear alot more for int then the spirit you're stacking right now. Aim for roughly 11k spirit, at max, with healing proccs included (average of the spirit ofc, the Darkmoon card should be about 700-1000 spirit in average.

Wow this was longer then I expected, if you have any questions I'm open in PM's, here's a link to my raids:
It might help you plan your healing abit.
However I do go DPS on gara'jal because I'm the only healer who can pull close to decent DPS,

#9 Earen

Earen

Likes Peachbellinis!

• • Guide Author
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Just a few notes:

I wouldn't worry too much about the over healing of your HoTs, that's simply the nature of Druid healing and is to be expected.

From looking at your logs I can toss out a few pieces of what I hope are good advice:

• You only cast Tranquilty and ToL twice in an eight and a half minute fight. Both are relatively cheap healing. Unless you are being asked to specifically use them during certain times (which I can see for tranq, but not really for ToL) you should be able to utilize both spells three times, which should net you both healing gained and mana saved. (For what it's worth, you only used NV twice as well and NS 4 times).
  • This brings me to my next point, I don't see as much LB healing as I would have expected, especially from the bloom portion - what are you doing in ToL? For example, my kill last week had almost 500k of effective healing from blooms and you had just over 30k - are you not blanketing LB with ToL?
  • i think this goes hand in hand with the above, I had almost twice as much living seed healing, which I suspect is from my 40 regrowths cast vs your 19. Again, many a result of OoC procs during ToL. They could also be with favoring Regrowth as my default direct heal in many circumstances.
  • You cast 34 nourishes over the course of the encounter. Nourish is a hugely underwhelming spell at the moment, and basically is not worth the mana cost to cast it. You would probably be better off casting another Rejuv.
  • While Mushrooms are pretty terrible, they are fairly cheap. This encounter in particular has several occasions where there is some small down time in healing in which you can take the time to set them up, and make use of them, which could save a little bit of mana.
  • Lastly, while always easier said than done, especially during burst damage phases, if you find you are running low on mana try to cast fewer rejuvs.

As far as your gear is concerned, you are logged out in PvP gear so I cannot comment on it. I think your spec is fine as long as you maximize NV.

With regards to food/flasks/gemming:

While it is mostly going to continue to be your preference, I think that using the spirit consumables are doing you more harm than good at this point. Cast less Rejuv, maximize things like ToL, Tranquilty, OoC and you will make up for any mana gains you receive from spirit food and flasks. Your gemming isn't terrible from what I can see of it, but I've opted for more hybrid spirit gems than straight spirit gems in an effort to retain some throughput. I question why you use a blue gem in a red socket where the bonus is an additional 60 spirit (I'd put a purified there). You are also utilizing a lower quality leg enchant, where upgrading it will gain you a little spirit. Additionally, if you are so concerned about your spirit, consider utilizing a spirit/mastery gem in your yellow socket.

Largely, I think cleaning up a few things in your play will net you better results than over-emphasizing spirit, if you can find a balance between the two, you should be in a better place. Until something changes you will continue to struggle with mana while dealing with burst healing (as will all Druids), but you can maximize some of the tools you have now to help in the interim.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

is recruiting! Learn More About Two Night a Week Progression!

Blog | YouTube | Twitter

#10 Arentios

Arentios

Wisdom as dump stat

•  Patrons
  • 6796 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Another small thing is the only 4 uses of Nature's Swiftness throughout the fight. Are you planning out your NSes for something in particular? Just using NS more frequently can effectively give you way more longevity in terms of efficiency/HPM than having a flask/spirit food up the entire fight if you get solid effective healing out of them.

e: Similarly only 3 uses of Barkskin is a small area to tweak. If raid damage is heavy and consistent you can get more value out of it by just burning it rather than trying to save it for that perfectly ideal moment.

#11 Hobnaker

Hobnaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

How do people feel about Windsong vs Jade Spirit vs Heartsong(?)? I've been reading a lot of bashing on Jade Spirit being underwhelming for healing, trying to get some help.

#12 Erü

Erü

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Stats weight and gems

Is it worth to go to 80 int + 160 Mastery rather than 160 int on red slot?

Same question for 320 Mastery or 160 Mastery + 160 spirit/haste on blue/yellow slot.

#13 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Stats weight and gems

Is it worth to go to 80 int + 160 Mastery rather than 160 int on red slot?

Same question for 320 Mastery or 160 Mastery + 160 spirit/haste on blue/yellow slot.

Int > 1.5 spirit (individual) > 2 mastery, personally I go for spirit/int gem in red and spirit/mastery in yellow as long as the set bonus is something usefull, when I feel my mana is alright I'll go for int in red and mastery/int and spirit/int.

How do people feel about Windsong vs Jade Spirit vs Heartsong(?)? I've been reading a lot of bashing on Jade Spirit being underwhelming for healing, trying to get some help.

Windsong had an insane uptime last raid, close to 90% over all our boss kills while healing, but I've read that they "fixed" it so that it won't procc as easy, however I keep proccing it really easy when using wild growth and it seems like the procc rate is still somewhat broken, I'll check out jade spirit next raid.

#14 dorfpriestftw

dorfpriestftw

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Windsong had an insane uptime last raid, close to 90% over all our boss kills while healing, but I've read that they "fixed" it so that it won't procc as easy, however I keep proccing it really easy when using wild growth and it seems like the procc rate is still somewhat broken, I'll check out jade spirit next raid.

So do you think windsong or jade spirit is better for throughput? Jade spirit is much more expensive, so I don't want to put it on my 463 weapon if it's about equal to windsong.

#15 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

So do you think windsong or jade spirit is better for throughput? Jade spirit is much more expensive, so I don't want to put it on my 463 weapon if it's about equal to windsong.

Well, the decision is yours, 25-30% of the time you'll have 1500 mastery, (ignoring crit and haste since those are going to be wasted half the time)

The Jade Spirit enchant averages to about:
Int Buff: 429 Int
Spirit Buff: 49 Spirit

*Note, not my numbers, copy paste from wowhead*.

In general I'd think jade spirit is better because it's a large enough gain to be noticable so that if you track it, the extra healing put out won't be wasted. Mastery in general is quite weak and I'd dare say the others are barely noticeable while healing.

(25% mastery up time = 375 average mastery) The nerf got my numbers down to 60-80% uptime depending on fights.

#16 Tik

Tik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 PM

So I've heard in a lot of places that resto druids just aren't at the same level as most (if not all) of the other healers. We're a small 10man guild with three healers (pally, priest, druid) with a shaman to offspec heal if one of us isn't available during a fight we three heal. No matter what I do, I'm consistently below the amount of healing done compared to the pally and priest. They're a bit more geared than I am, partially because I've had horrible luck with my main hand weapon (I only recently got the heroic dungeon mace). But not enough that it seems like it should be a huge difference. I can two-heal fights OK, but it's still the same, where I'm way below the pally or priest I'm healing with.

Some examples:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man reg Empress. This was my first time going for the 6652 haste cap which probably increased my healing a small bit, but it took a huge toll on my mana even with a spirit flask. I could be more conservative with mana, but expect my healing to drop lower as a result.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man reg Amber Shaper. 2 healing with a holy pally. I *barely* beat him on healing, but that's because he got transformed right at the start of phase 3 and did 0 healing for that entire phase. I was at the 3043 haste cap with this with more focus on spirit, still OOM at the end.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man heroic Feng. 3 healed, was struggling for mana near the end. I was at the 3043 cap for this as well.

We don't usually have set roles as healers. I keep a full stack of LB on the tank getting the most damage, and other hots on the 2nd tank as needed. Otherwise it's just rejuv as needed (hard to blanket pre-hot at the risk of going OOM), wild growth, etc. It seems like I'm not bringing that much to the raid besides tranquility, ironbark, and some mediocre healing. In cataclysm with the same group, we were more or less even on meters.

Am I doing something horribly wrong, or missing something I should be doing? Or are druids just mediocre this time around? Looking at WoL top rankings, druids seem way behind.

Armory link: Tik @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

Thanks!

#17 Barkalo

Barkalo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Hey,
my guild is trying to kill Elegon the third week in a row and we can´t seem to make it. I wonder if there are some things I can do better with my healing. While in second P1 I had enough mana in the last try, because I ask our priest for a mana hymn, but then I hadn´t any mana left in the last phase. I tried healing the other way, with the swiftmend and wild growth glyph, but think it is better with tree form.
My main question is what else can I do to spare my mana, to have enough left in phase 3 to get my group topped?
Another question is, if my healing in general is okay or do I do some really bad mistakes?

Here is our WoL-Link from this evening: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

I have no specific heal role. I got my tank on whom I have LB and on the other I cast mostly the others Hot's, except the Gara´Jal fight. We have no roles everyone heals everyone.

Thanks in advance,
Barkalo

#18 Arentios

Arentios

Wisdom as dump stat

•  Patrons
  • 6796 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Looking at your longest attempt (the last one):

From looking at it, you have 5 uses of NS and 32 Clearcasting procs with 49 total Regrowths and HTs, meaning you paid full cost for around 12, which is ~210k mana. You could have made up some of that healing by using more Swiftmends (which heals for more than a non-NS'd HT/Regrowth on a single target over the duration) where you only had 13 total casts. Swiftmend is just way more mana efficient.

The attempt before it shows similar. You're spending too much on low efficiency HT/Regrowth and not enough on super efficient Swiftmend. Other spells look fine from a high level view.

#19 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:46 AM

So I've heard in a lot of places that resto druids just aren't at the same level as most (if not all) of the other healers. We're a small 10man guild with three healers (pally, priest, druid) with a shaman to offspec heal if one of us isn't available during a fight we three heal. No matter what I do, I'm consistently below the amount of healing done compared to the pally and priest. They're a bit more geared than I am, partially because I've had horrible luck with my main hand weapon (I only recently got the heroic dungeon mace). But not enough that it seems like it should be a huge difference. I can two-heal fights OK, but it's still the same, where I'm way below the pally or priest I'm healing with.

Some examples:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man reg Empress. This was my first time going for the 6652 haste cap which probably increased my healing a small bit, but it took a huge toll on my mana even with a spirit flask. I could be more conservative with mana, but expect my healing to drop lower as a result.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man reg Amber Shaper. 2 healing with a holy pally. I *barely* beat him on healing, but that's because he got transformed right at the start of phase 3 and did 0 healing for that entire phase. I was at the 3043 haste cap with this with more focus on spirit, still OOM at the end.

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis - 10man heroic Feng. 3 healed, was struggling for mana near the end. I was at the 3043 cap for this as well.

We don't usually have set roles as healers. I keep a full stack of LB on the tank getting the most damage, and other hots on the 2nd tank as needed. Otherwise it's just rejuv as needed (hard to blanket pre-hot at the risk of going OOM), wild growth, etc. It seems like I'm not bringing that much to the raid besides tranquility, ironbark, and some mediocre healing. In cataclysm with the same group, we were more or less even on meters.

Am I doing something horribly wrong, or missing something I should be doing? Or are druids just mediocre this time around? Looking at WoL top rankings, druids seem way behind.

Armory link: Tik @ Bleeding Hollow - Community - World of Warcraft

Thanks!

If you ask me you've got high amounts of overhealing, but that's because of your healing setup, both disc priests and paladins are really countering resto druids at this state because if you hot someone on 50% hp, then the paladin heals him to full, then he has to take that extra absorb in damage before you acctualy get to heal him again, which translates into overhealing from your hots.

Those logs aren't exactly the best logs, could you link something where you acctualy have to struggle healing, say Elegon, Garalon or Emperor? The nature of the fights you've linked favours burst healers and you're bound to be low there as a resto druid.

Use Swiftmend on CD, use Wild Growth on CD if it's benefical to do so (more then 5 targets are on less then 100% hp), use rejuvenation as main filler, Do not forget that nourish exists, if someone needs to be topped of and they have a wild growth on them, nourish is the best choice. HPM on nourish is acctualy good, even though it is so time consuming, but when you have nothing to do you can simply use nourish to top people of.

Two other things.

Get the Wild Growth glyph. I don't care if you don't have time to shift when you need stampede, the glyph is worth so much more, the simple math says it's more healing, the logic says it's more healing when you need that healing (after an explosion on Elegon for example).

You might also want to try out SotF for some fights, for example I had huge amounts of success (ranked top 200) the first week or two on Feng with it. Now that I've swapped it to Tree of Life I've acctualy decreased my numbers on that specific fight. (We no longer need it, so I simply don't switch to save atleast some money)

Hey,
my guild is trying to kill Elegon the third week in a row and we can´t seem to make it. I wonder if there are some things I can do better with my healing. While in second P1 I had enough mana in the last try, because I ask our priest for a mana hymn, but then I hadn´t any mana left in the last phase. I tried healing the other way, with the swiftmend and wild growth glyph, but think it is better with tree form.
My main question is what else can I do to spare my mana, to have enough left in phase 3 to get my group topped?
Another question is, if my healing in general is okay or do I do some really bad mistakes?

Here is our WoL-Link from this evening: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

I have no specific heal role. I got my tank on whom I have LB and on the other I cast mostly the others Hot's, except the Gara´Jal fight. We have no roles everyone heals everyone.

Thanks in advance,
Barkalo

First of all you never want to spend off-specc tranqs before the last phase, they're so insanely more important there. Are you making sure to have a rotation of cooldowns to make sure that every explosion is mitigated to the full extent?

Are you killing the pillars at the exact same moment? (This makes or breaks this fight)

#20 Valbrand

Valbrand

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

EDIT: Nevermind me, wrong thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users