• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#21 ac90b671

ac90b671

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Should I ever use Healing Touch? I'm just about to take it off my bars. Regrowth (glyphed obviously) heals for more outside of HT crits and with my haste mastery build my crit is only 10%. Not to mention regrowth is applying lifegiving seed every time. I've started using NS with regrowth instead since its more healing 90% of the time. Regrowth is only like 500 mana more expensive too. Am I missing something or is HT really a kitty boomie spell now?

#22 Erdluf

Erdluf

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

HT is mostly worthless, but there are some marginal possible uses:

Value of HT mostly revolves around Living Seed.

If you get no benefit from LS (overwrite existing LS, or target only takes magical damage) HT heals (on average) more (~15%) than Regrowth, meaning it is a better NS spell and also a better cast when HPM matters more than HPS (including clearcasts).

If mana is no issue and you have down-time (or pre-pull) you can use HT to attempt to get a larger LS than you'd get from Regrowth. I don't know of any situations where you could justify that mana expenditure, but in principle ...

If you ever get a buff that gives you a very high crit chance, HT will start to look more attractive.

#23 Barkalo

Barkalo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hey,

we finally did it, we killed Elegon. I did my very best and tried to combine the advise you´ve given me. If you are interested here`s the log Dashboard - 18-11 19:42 - PvP round the clock - World of Logs I did a few mistakes, but overall I think I healed much better than the first tries.

@Numiro: Yeah, we changed the rotation a little bit in out last fight, for example the shadow priest used his mana hymn at the exact point were I needed it and we figured, that our druid tank could use tranquility in the last phase, so the healers could reset there stacks. Actually I finally timed my cd's just right. I can use innervate 3 times and tranquility 2 times were it is needed the most. I used ironbark on the tank and made more use of NS. So I think I did good.

Right now I´m considering changing some Glyphs, I wondered if Glyph of Regwroth could be a much better choice than for example Glyph of Wild Growth. I read some threads about it, but I think I just need to try it out.

Overall I am really grateful for your help. Thanks a lot.

#24 Earen

Earen

Likes Peachbellinis!

• • Guide Author
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

I would opt to replace your rebirth glyph for Regrowth. Rebirth now has a baseline Rez of 60%, so there is really no reason to use that glyph over something more useful.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

is recruiting! Learn More About Two Night a Week Progression!

Blog | YouTube | Twitter

#25 Royalite

Royalite

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Question about gemming in non heroic raids

For the content, I feel running ~8k-ish spirit is fine. I am low as the fight ends so I don't feel a need to gem for the 160 spirit bonuses.

I read on Icy veins for gemming only consider using hybird gems for 60+ int bonuses. Due to cata, I might be stuck in the int is always better than spirit mentality.

The guide here suggests going for hybrid gemming. So I am wondering if I am missing something with gemming a red int in a blue socket and not taking the +160 spirit bonus outside of regen.

#26 Taringe

Taringe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

There really isn't a right or wrong answer to the INT vs SPR question. Generally, more SPR is good until you are comfortable with the amount of regen you have for the encounters you are doing.

Based on the description of your situation, you are comfortable with that, so INT may be the best bet for you at this point.

#27 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11576 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

I still don't see why you'd throw away free socket bonuses.

#28 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

You may have enough spirit for your regen, but as Hamlet says there's no need to toss socket bonuses. If you're satisfied with your level of spirit, use a purple INT/SPI gem and reforge the spirit from the gem and the spirit from the socket bonus into mastery. This costs you 80 INT from not using the full red, but gains you 160 mastery from using a hybrid gem and 160 mastery for the bonus. Int is better than mastery, but it isn't 4 times better.

#29 clozeueyes

clozeueyes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

Dear druid healer friends,

Starting MoP i realize that my healing with druid is way too low or ineficent regarding other classes.
My big problem is mana regeneration and beside that i am way too low looking other classes.

I tried to reach first soft cap on haste 12.5 % but i didnt succeed so i get back to minimum needed 3043 Haste.

Here you can find an armory link Pascu @ Silvermoon - Community - World of Warcraft

I tried different styles of healing but due mana regeneration almost all fight i stay and do nothing :( cause i want to preserve mana to heal critical situations. Due to 2xset bonus i try to use much often Rejuvenation but still no healing increase.

I am considering myself pretty noob in healing but i need really an advice from experienced healers from here

Please if you have time and give me some useful advices i would be very happy.

I am using VuhDo as healing addo-n along with Bartender, Quartz, OmniCC.

Thank you in advance

#30 Mesitara

Mesitara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Using Revitalizing Primal Diamond instead of Burning Primal Diamond would increase your spirit. Reforging crit in legs to spirit would give similar results. Buying Darkmoon healer spirit trinket and using it instead of Brewfest trinket would boost your mana regeneration.
Edit. For me it seems really strange choice of 2 glyphs. Glyph of Healing Touch: how often do you cast it? Glyph of Blooming: of course, some limited use in pve but most of the time you don't want to waste globals to reapply Lifebloom. Glyph of Wild Growth instead of other would certainly boost your performance.

#31 clozeueyes

clozeueyes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Dear Mesitara,

Thank you for sugestions.
I change Burning primal with Revitalizing. Also i change glyphs and now have Wild Growth, Lifebloom and regrowth.

I dont have the money to buy the Darkmoon trinket yet so i have to deal with what i have.

In LFR i manage now a little more better than before and mana regen is also a little better.

As a healing tehnique let say :

On tanks i use : hot like rejuvenation and Life Bloom ( 3 stacks ) and fill with Nourish for cheap heal and Regrowth for quick large heal. For dramatic moment i go with Nature Swiftnes + Healing touch

The rest of raid i apply rejuvention more often due 2 X tier set bonus i have and Swiftmed and also for quick healing Regrowth

Also i go with Intelect food and flask ( cause are superior than spirit )

So generally should i get used with 2 or 3 rank in healing raid ? is really druid no match for priest, paly , shaman and monk in healing ?

Are some things which i am missing in order to perform better.

unfortunatley i dont have some log to share with ya.

Thank you in advance

#32 Mesitara

Mesitara

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

I already knew the raiding history of your druid, but, since you specifically asked about LFR: elitistjerks isn't place to ask about strategies for LFR.
Do you use Wild Growth? Do other healers perform significantly better?

#33 clozeueyes

clozeueyes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

I already knew the raiding history of your druid, but, since you specifically asked about LFR: elitistjerks isn't place to ask about strategies for LFR.
Do you use Wild Growth? Do other healers perform significantly better?

Since i didnt have the chance to raid in normal modes but LFR i write what is happening in LFR.
I know that Elite is not the place for LFR comments.

Yes i am using Wild Growth this is the basic heal more or less .
The difference between me and other healers could be from 4 k up to 10 k ( ofc depend of the gear and player skill ) normally .
In terrace of endless spring in Tsulong boss paladin was 1 place with 60 k healing and me 30 k ( maybe i miss soemhing in figh mechanism ) but this case is singular . in rest is as i write before.

After i use your suggestions i perform better in healing

#34 Payday

Payday

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

For Tsulong, you should be well equipped to have high output numbers. Night phase is almost completely effective hot healing (shrooms on CD in melee, WG on CD, SM on CD, SotF is very good here, RJ as mana allows), then day phase you are one of the best burst healers for those 6 seconds of buff from the breath. I haven't been able to get a perfect attempt in yet due to getting feared in day phase, but I was able to reach 100k hp/s on Tsulong (10 man normal) as a druid.

#35 ac90b671

ac90b671

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Quick question on how crit works with regrowth. If I had 35% crit on my character sheet and regrowth unglyphed, would regrowth crit every time? In other words does 35% crit + 5% crit buff + 60% crit from tooltip = 100% crit or is crit non additive and at some value sub 100%?

#36 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11576 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Quick question on how crit works with regrowth. If I had 35% crit on my character sheet and regrowth unglyphed, would regrowth crit every time? In other words does 35% crit + 5% crit buff + 60% crit from tooltip = 100% crit or is crit non additive and at some value sub 100%?

It's additive; that would give you 100% to crit.

#37 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

For Tsulong, you should be well equipped to have high output numbers. Night phase is almost completely effective hot healing (shrooms on CD in melee, WG on CD, SM on CD, SotF is very good here, RJ as mana allows), then day phase you are one of the best burst healers for those 6 seconds of buff from the breath. I haven't been able to get a perfect attempt in yet due to getting feared in day phase, but I was able to reach 100k hp/s on Tsulong (10 man normal) as a druid.

Using shrooms is a huge waste of time in day time, I'm not even gearing for spirit and have no problem sustaining proper mana on Tsulong, spending 3 globals (3.6 sec) just to get that really low amount of healing isn't going to be effective if you have other things to use. If you're running oom you probably want to cast less regrowths/nourish/healing touches.

Since i didnt have the chance to raid in normal modes but LFR i write what is happening in LFR.
I know that Elite is not the place for LFR comments.

Yes i am using Wild Growth this is the basic heal more or less .
The difference between me and other healers could be from 4 k up to 10 k ( ofc depend of the gear and player skill ) normally .
In terrace of endless spring in Tsulong boss paladin was 1 place with 60 k healing and me 30 k ( maybe i miss soemhing in figh mechanism ) but this case is singular . in rest is as i write before.

After i use your suggestions i perform better in healing

Well first of all I'd suggest that you use worldoflogs.com, record your raids, look at what you did, then what the "good" logs did during the same period, chances are you're probably wasting mana on either healing that isn't necessary or on mana inefficent spells like Healing Touch, Regrowth or Nourish.

If you look at my logs for example I have very few casted heals, it's just very rarely benefical to you to use them, even when people are dangerously low there's better spells to cast, for example Rejuvenation + SM (Rejuvenation is instant so you have an entire GCD advantage over casting a regrowth), not to mention a Rejuvenation heals for like 20k+ instantly, which is more then enough to stabilize players normally (Remember that all healing isn't going to come from you, 20x3k + healthstone is in general what I expect, even though most classes have better instants (Power Word: Shield for example is 80k+ IIRC).

#38 Cyndessa

Cyndessa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

WoL: Dashboard - 02-01 16:29 - Nocuous - World of Logs
Boss: Tsulong
Armory: Beladda @ Arathor - Community - World of Warcraft

I swapped around talents and glyphs during the wipes. In the end I went with NV, NS and SotF. My new 4 piece made me want SotF. My issues were low throughput on raid & Tsulong combined with going massively oom after the first day phase. It seems I have the most actual healing on tsulong but not the highest hps.

So far my ideas are to use int food/flasks instead of spirit and to reduce my rejuv usage. Should I swap back to ToL? What is best to use during day phase?

Mainly I am just fusturated with my overall low hps on all fights this xpac and I do not want told back my team.

#39 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

WoL: Dashboard - 02-01 16:29 - Nocuous - World of Logs
Boss: Tsulong
Armory: Beladda @ Arathor - Community - World of Warcraft

I swapped around talents and glyphs during the wipes. In the end I went with NV, NS and SotF. My new 4 piece made me want SotF. My issues were low throughput on raid & Tsulong combined with going massively oom after the first day phase. It seems I have the most actual healing on tsulong but not the highest hps.

So far my ideas are to use int food/flasks instead of spirit and to reduce my rejuv usage. Should I swap back to ToL? What is best to use during day phase?

Mainly I am just fusturated with my overall low hps on all fights this xpac and I do not want told back my team.

In 5.1 you always want Tree of Life, there's no situation where SotF beats it, atleast in this tier. Not to mention having 30 seconds of free healing is insanely broken on Tsulongs night phase.

More rejuvenation less Regrowths. Every single time you press regrowth you waste 18k mana. That's 15 seconds of my time with my regen, Regrowth is a terrible spell and the only time you should use it is to get rid of clearcasting proccs.

You pretty much need ToL + NV the entire tier so there's no reason to get rid of those ever, not to mention the alternatives are crap.

Here's one of my recent kills, you could use that to compare and decide what spells you want to cast less of and what to cast more of.

Analyze - 02-01 19:29 - Fortes Fortuna Juvat - World of Logs

After checking your armory there's two things I noticed. You're stacking way to much spirit, you don't need that much, especially not on Tsulong.

The second thing is that you're 700 haste above the cap, if you're confident you can practice well enough I'd suggest you go for 6652 haste cap (even though no one agrees with me in the main thread) because it gives you more power whenever you want power in 10 man. If you don't feel like you can practice the playstyle to perfection go for the 3043(not sure exactly what it's at).

Change the Qin-Xi's polarizing Seal trinket, it's complete garbage and the 463 heroic blue trinkets are better, 90% of the time the procc is going to be wasted when you have a chance on spellcast to procc thing, this is because you never have fights where you don't have downtime and if that proccs during any of the periods where you don't _need_ the extra power, you've just wasted 1000+ static int.

The reason spirit proccs aren't wasted is because you never sit on full mana after the first 15 seconds of a fight so the bonus spirit is always going to give you more mana.

Get rid of glyph of rejuvenation, nourish is even worse the regrowth but you want regrowth glyphed because there is events where you need a fast and strong heal in which case regrowth is the only button you have to press, not to mention improving the clearcasting proccs you'll get.

#40 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

HI,

This is my first post to the forums but I've been reading for many years.

I've found myself a little stuck with a gearing choice and hoped someone could maybe throw some light on the situation.

I have normal raid hands and legs from the tier set and I've picked up token from lfr for the head and shoulders.

If I equip them I would be replacing a 496 head and a 510 shoulder.. I like raiding with Soul of the forest so I can see the set bonus suiting my play style but I can't get over the massive loss in stats.

Am I right to keep ignoring the 4 set bonus?

I hope this is enough info

Elunatic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users