• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Get rid of Soul of the Forest and go for 4 piece, SotF doesn't work at all atm and Tree of Life is vastly superior. That's my general idea of the situation but since I don't feel like doing 10+ minutes of math for you...
Could you sum up the stats you lose so it's easier for me to know what you're sacrificing?

#42 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I do use tree of life but I like the idea of playing with with Sotf on occasion as I want the burst Wild growth to deal with things like rain of blades on Wind Lord, or burst life bloom if the tank is taking a bit of a beating. When you say its not working atm do you mean its bugged or the maths don't make it viable. I've seen that they are increasing this to 70% in the PTR notes. I hope that sticks.

So to take the 4 piece I would lose the following stats

int 443
spirit 466
crit 74
haste 160
mastery 27

This is non reforged stats but including gems and socket bonuses. It might also make it impossible to reach the wild grwoth haste break point of 6652 which I can currently do.

You seem very pro the 4 pc bonus. is this simply for more eflo up time?

thanks

#43 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Well, particularly if you're using SotF, the 4-piece bonus is almost indispensable. It's what brings the SM cooldown close to the WG cooldown so you can use them in tandem without large wastage.

#44 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

so it is working then?

#45 Booshie

Booshie

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

In 5.1 you always want Tree of Life, there's no situation where SotF beats it, atleast in this tier. Not to mention having 30 seconds of free healing is insanely broken on Tsulongs night phase.

Stone Guard, Feng, Elegon, Vizier, Blade Lord, Amber Shaper, Empress and Tsulong are all even or weighted towards SotF due to the significant sustained AoE damage.

More rejuvenation less Regrowths. Every single time you press regrowth you waste 18k mana. That's 15 seconds of my time with my regen, Regrowth is a terrible spell and the only time you should use it is to get rid of clearcasting proccs.

This is about as false as you can get. Tsulong healing requires hefty amounts of regrowth (about 32 minimum outside of cc procs). The numbers both you and Cyndessa are casting are not indicative of a healer healing Tsulong properly. Compare healing breakdown. Not the most recent log but the only one I have.

You pretty much need ToL + NV the entire tier so there's no reason to get rid of those ever, not to mention the alternatives are crap.

Here's one of my recent kills, you could use that to compare and decide what spells you want to cast less of and what to cast more of.

Analyze - 02-01 19:29 - Fortes Fortuna Juvat - World of Logs

After checking your armory there's two things I noticed. You're stacking way to much spirit, you don't need that much, especially not on Tsulong.

The second thing is that you're 700 haste above the cap, if you're confident you can practice well enough I'd suggest you go for 6652 haste cap (even though no one agrees with me in the main thread) because it gives you more power whenever you want power in 10 man. If you don't feel like you can practice the playstyle to perfection go for the 3043(not sure exactly what it's at).

6652 haste is roughly a 15% increase on 20% of your healing or a 3% increase overall at a loss of 3609 substat. Importantly, you don't gain any significant breakpoints on rejuv to do so.

Change the Qin-Xi's polarizing Seal trinket, it's complete garbage and the 463 heroic blue trinkets are better, 90% of the time the procc is going to be wasted when you have a chance on spellcast to procc thing, this is because you never have fights where you don't have downtime and if that proccs during any of the periods where you don't _need_ the extra power, you've just wasted 1000+ static int.

Again very misleading information, Qin-Xi's is a very strong trinket and although int procs are unreliable, it's not going to be wasted on Tsulong. (and the trinket still outperforms all others in terms of raw HPS potential) To say the blues are better is not true.

The reason spirit proccs aren't wasted is because you never sit on full mana after the first 15 seconds of a fight so the bonus spirit is always going to give you more mana.

This is true but with a tiny 45 second ICD Qin-Xi's can be controlled with relative ease to match up with many mechanics.

Get rid of glyph of rejuvenation, nourish is even worse the regrowth but you want regrowth glyphed because there is events where you need a fast and strong heal in which case regrowth is the only button you have to press, not to mention improving the clearcasting proccs you'll get.

Sound advice. Nourish should not really be cast ever in a raid environment, and not having the regrowth glyph will make you waste the majority of the hot on Tsulong. Other fights it can be used to some effect.

I've already given a bunch of feedback to Beladda via PM just wanted to make sure people could make an informed decision on speccing.

#46 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

So is the consensus that the wild growth 6652 break point is a complete waste of time?

#47 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11,567 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Not quite that bad, but in general it doesn't seem to be worth giving up other stats.

#48 Hobnaker

Hobnaker

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Using shrooms is a huge waste of time in day time, I'm not even gearing for spirit and have no problem sustaining proper mana on Tsulong, spending 3 globals (3.6 sec) just to get that really low amount of healing isn't going to be effective if you have other things to use. If you're running oom you probably want to cast less regrowths/nourish/healing touches.

There's no real reason to not use Shrooms on Day Phase, honestly. You have plenty of downtime before the first breath to lay them down, and the bloom doesn't cost a global so it's just a free 5*15*3k healing.

#49 tioz

tioz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi guys,

I'm playing my druid since early TBC and switched a lot in specs, being either heal or tank. I remember the times where you rolled LB on everyone or you were using Reju mainly.

Time has come to look for serious improvement, thats why I'd really like to get feedback on my char and my playstyle to see where I can improve, so any feedback/constructive criticism is welcome :-)

Armory: Treenicillin @ Sylvanas - Community - World of Warcraft
WoL: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Thanks in advance!

edit: seems that I logged out with tank-gear. Shouldn't be a big deal as I use an i492-equipset with 3060 haste and reforging to mastery, having 9k spirit.

#50 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

A couple quick suggestions for you.

Drop the Glyph of Rebirth for the Glyph of Regrowth. In MoP GoRebirth is nice, but more of a luxury, since Rebirth naturally brings the target to 60%. Generally this is enough that the target doesn't get instantly killed unless they were Rebirthed into a void zone or something anyway. On the other hand GoRegrowth allows you to drop Nourish and Healing Touch, since Regrowth will now heal harder than a non-crit Healing Touch for half the cast time, and approximately as efficiently as Nourish (more so if you count LS). It will also increase the power of your ToL, as you'll have many CC'd Regrowths.

Using Grand Empress 1/7 as an example, I would suggest using ToL more often. Even aside from the healing boost, it has mana saving properties as well, so you'll want to maximize your casts of it. Your Scroll of Revered Ancestors as well, you have 5 uses on a 9 and a half minute fight. If nothing else you can at least macro the scroll to everything, as outside the first 20 or so seconds of action it doesn't really matter when you hit it. And since I'm mentioning trinkets anyway I'll drop the obligatory mention of the Relic of Chi-ji and how it's quite good.

Having done those, I would suggest looking at how much spirit you really need. Exactly how much is going to be a personal question that you'll have to answer for yourself, but with your priest's Hymn of Hope, and a bit better cooldown usage you might find that you don't really need all 9K. In your case this isn't even a manner of reforging to other secondary stats yet, as you can convert your excess spirit gems to INT gems for large throughput gain.

#51 tioz

tioz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Thanks a lot for your objective feedback!! I know that I can use ToL and Trinket more often. I don't like to bind them on a spell so I may use a little indicator on the screen when both cooldowns are ready to improve that behaviour. I will also try to re-gem a little and change that glyph.

#52 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Thanks a lot for your objective feedback!! I know that I can use ToL and Trinket more often. I don't like to bind them on a spell so I may use a little indicator on the screen when both cooldowns are ready to improve that behaviour. I will also try to re-gem a little and change that glyph.

Well my nr 1 tip to help you improve in raids is to keybind everything, I've got everything bound except moonfire atm (accidentally pulled a boss when trying to type so no more instant damage abilities on easy binds), other then that you'll find that you bring alot more to the raids when you've bound everything since it's so easy to use stampede, cyclone, roots, Typhoon and so on, in general you won't use them, but 1 out of 5 tries is enough for me to feel the need to have those keybind so you don't have to take precious seconds away from keeping people alive.

#53 tioz

tioz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I was not speaking about keybinds in general, sorry. I was speaking about binding trinkets to a spell like Reju in a macro ;-) ofc I try to keybind every spell possible.

#54 Numiro

Numiro

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I was not speaking about keybinds in general, sorry. I was speaking about binding trinkets to a spell like Reju in a macro ;-) ofc I try to keybind every spell possible.

I don't see why not, you lose valueable seconds if you need to identify that the trinket is of CD, then move your fingers to click it and then resume what you were doing before. It's not like spirit is ever going to be more benefical depending on the time.

#55 tioz

tioz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I do not click with my mouse. I have the trinket bound to a hotkey (alt+1) which I press when it's off cd, I'm infight and below 280k mana. My improvement after Quincunx feedback is, that I now have an indicator on screen if the trinket is off cd.

#56 Danorager

Danorager

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

I raid 10-man pretty much exclusively and unfortunately, we have no Shadow Priest, Elemental Shammy, nor Moonkin. I therefore miss out on the 5% raid buff. I'm looking for advice on what to do. Do I try to pump up my haste to the point where I can hit the unbuffed haste break points (at the loss of mastery), or do I just ignore haste completely and try to focus on mastery.

Please advise.

Thanks

Dano

#57 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Assuming your 2/5/13 raid is your standard composition, your hunter was using a Quilen. A Quilen's crit buff will be wasted, since your mage provides the same crit buff via Arcane Intellect, and you have a DK for spare battle rez. Have the hunter go tame a sporebat, and you'll have your haste via Energizing Spores.

#58 Doctroll

Doctroll

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Well if there is any 1 who can tell me is incarnation better on Tsulong 10N fight then SotF?
With 495 item level i can do 118k-120k max so far with SotF&HoW, i can always check on lfr but will be nice to get some professional opinion

#59 Monkiikong

Monkiikong

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

So I've been healing with 5730~ haste for the SotF build. And have had a few guildies suggest I go back to Mastery.

I've been keeping up with the other Resto Druid in terms of healing and mechanic wise who is also using the SotF 5730~ build.

My question is how much of a difference in healing is there between 3043 Haste / Max Mastery Build and the SotF 5730~ Build.

#60 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Assume you have a "starting" 3043 haste build with max-2.7K mastery. If you add that 2.7K mastery, you'll increase all of your heals by ~4.5% depending on your stats. If instead you go to 5730 haste, your Wild Growth will tick 13 times instead of 12 times, for an increase of 8.3% to Wild Growth. Note that the 5730 breakpoint does not confer another tick onto the Swiftmend HoT. Let's assume for the sake of argument that all of your WGs are SotF'd and you lose no WGs due to CD discrepancies. How much healing do you do with Wild Growth? I just pulled up a few of my logs (SotF spec) and they were around 20%-25%. Let's say 25%. An increase of 8% to a quarter of your healing is an increase of 2% overall. So I'd say a best case estimation is that you'd gain 4.5%-2% = 2.5% healing by going to 3043 haste.

Edit: Actually that's interesting because we've been assuming around about a 2% HPS loss from going to the 6650 breakpoint for an "ordinary" build. Despite being less of a mastery cost, it's an even worse idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users