103 replies to this topic

#81 clozeueyes

clozeueyes

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hello,

Since last post i upgraded my gear a little bit but seem no really much difference in performance.

Pascu @ Silvermoon - Community - World of Warcraft

I put here 2 logs on same fights : jin-kun 25 and 10 man . On both fights i stay on the platform .

25 man - Analyze - 02-05 20:32 - Halo - World of Logs
10 man - Analyze - 12-05 19:59 - Halona - World of Logs

As i understand from one druid i should use Regrowth only when Clearcasting is proc ? i should use Regrowth only when people are dying ?
I was criticized that i am stacking too much Spirit ( cause i find myself oom a lot in the past ). Other druids say that with my spirit i should never get problems.

During the fights i should just dot peoples ?? ( beside bosses cd ) ?? Because if i do like that my mana is more than enough.

As healing tehnique i use all time 3 x Lifebloom on one of the tanks , Rejuve as many players i can.
As healing cooldowns : i use either Tranq + mushrooms or Nature Vigil + Tree + mushrooms

As ranking in healing either i 25 or 10 man i can not go over 70 % .

I am doing bad stacking mastery as much as possible than going for Haste soft cap ??? .

I need some advices cause i cant go above average druid healers.

#82 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

I feel like I'm not hitting the output levels I should. I know that on some fights if I time certain things well SOT or mushrooms then I get a bit more out. An extra 10k perhaps but I seem to be perpetually around the 65-75k hps mark. or 80%-95% of rank. My ilvl was recently jumped from 506 to 516 in one raid (lucky run of drops). so maybe this will help but I can't help feeling I should do more.

Heres my logs for the last raid I did. If anyone feels inclined to have a little look.

Analyze - 12-05 19:00 - Adrenaline - World of Logs
Healing done - 12-05 19:00 - Adrenaline - World of Logs

Not sure which link is required. so heres a couple.

Also...
I don't use any healing specific addons and I know our pally use a lot of them. Is there anything that anyone would say gives a solid advantage when it comes to reaction time and throughput?

Thanks for any help.

#83 Kjeldorian

Kjeldorian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

@ Pascu

Reading your Ji-kun 25 logs is difficult due mainly to the fact that the logger was not on the main platform, (some spells are not being tracked or are being tracked for too long)

Reading your Ji-kun 10 logs the first big thing is using the Cenarion Ward (CW) talent, you should be using Nature's Swiftness (NS) because it is free, makes a regrowth big and instant. CW does not do enough healing to justify the mana cost and the longish CD.

On a different note, your goal of ranking is a bit misconstrued mainly because healing is zero sum if one healer does very well it generally means other healers will suffer in HPS or the raid has failed at a boss mechanic and requires healers to make up for that significant loss. With that in mind, your healing comp and skill of your other healers may limit the max potential you can reach if everyone is alive at the end of the encounter.

Your spirit levels are fine, you should not be going oom given you are using 2pct14, relying on LB on tanks, RJ as your go to spell, and RG on Omen of Clarity / Nature's Swiftness will suffice.

@Elunatic
1. Logged out in Boomkin Gear / Spec - lots of unenchanted items / unsocketed items / ungemmed items.
2. Logs -
a: Try and keep Harmony above 90% uptime (Tortos had a 70%, Megeara 80%, Jikun 81%) your hots are missing out on a free 10%
b: Try and keep Lifebloom up throughout the fight 90%+ ideally (lots of sub 70% on most fights) because you need Lifebloom ticks to generate Omen of Clarity for free spells (which will refresh Harmony)
c. More barkskin usage to stay alive longer (use it for either predictable damage spikes or for reactive boss mechanics i.e. Cinders)
d. Use Nature's Swiftness more often, I would macro it with RG as a healer as a need heal now button on someone, also ties in well with harmony refreshing as above. Should help with mana usage.
3. Regarding addons - mouseover macros or addons like Clique can help reduce response time without having to click on someone's name and then casting a spell. Tracking your own HoTs in your raid frames can help in maintaining existing HoTs (i.e. Lifebloom) or preventing unnecessary refreshes.

#84 Silrhyn

Silrhyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Hi

I'm in a casual 10-men guild who's only been past tortos, but i'd like to improve as I know I could do far better (especially with mushrooms). Would anyone be kind enough to browse through those logs and give me some advice ?

Dashboard - 01-05 20:53 - Awakanahe - World of Logs
Dashboard - 08-05 21:15 - Awakanahe - World of Logs

Erohe @ Conseil des Ombres - Communauté - World of Warcraft

#85 Kjeldorian

Kjeldorian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

@Erohe

Looking at your Megeara attempts, you need to use Nature's Vigil more (time with head death or every other head death). You should be able to fit 2 Incarnations into your cylce, if you're having mana issues I would use Nature's Swiftness more often because it is free. Swiftmend usage is low at ~60% of maximum usage.

If and when you do drop the two piece t14 you will most likely have to gem spirit as your spirit is low to reliably 2 heal. Though aggressive usage of HPS CDs (Nature's Vigil / Incarnation / Nature's Vigil) will help your mana situation.

#86 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

@ Pascu

Reading your Ji-kun 25 logs is difficult due mainly to the fact that the logger was not on the main platform, (some spells are not being tracked or are being tracked for too long)

Reading your Ji-kun 10 logs the first big thing is using the Cenarion Ward (CW) talent, you should be using Nature's Swiftness (NS) because it is free, makes a regrowth big and instant. CW does not do enough healing to justify the mana cost and the longish CD.

On a different note, your goal of ranking is a bit misconstrued mainly because healing is zero sum if one healer does very well it generally means other healers will suffer in HPS or the raid has failed at a boss mechanic and requires healers to make up for that significant loss. With that in mind, your healing comp and skill of your other healers may limit the max potential you can reach if everyone is alive at the end of the encounter.

Your spirit levels are fine, you should not be going oom given you are using 2pct14, relying on LB on tanks, RJ as your go to spell, and RG on Omen of Clarity / Nature's Swiftness will suffice.

@Elunatic
1. Logged out in Boomkin Gear / Spec - lots of unenchanted items / unsocketed items / ungemmed items.
2. Logs -
a: Try and keep Harmony above 90% uptime (Tortos had a 70%, Megeara 80%, Jikun 81%) your hots are missing out on a free 10%
b: Try and keep Lifebloom up throughout the fight 90%+ ideally (lots of sub 70% on most fights) because you need Lifebloom ticks to generate Omen of Clarity for free spells (which will refresh Harmony)
c. More barkskin usage to stay alive longer (use it for either predictable damage spikes or for reactive boss mechanics i.e. Cinders)
d. Use Nature's Swiftness more often, I would macro it with RG as a healer as a need heal now button on someone, also ties in well with harmony refreshing as above. Should help with mana usage.
3. Regarding addons - mouseover macros or addons like Clique can help reduce response time without having to click on someone's name and then casting a spell. Tracking your own HoTs in your raid frames can help in maintaining existing HoTs (i.e. Lifebloom) or preventing unnecessary refreshes.

Sorry about logging out in the wrong gear. I'm pretty sure my gear is where it should be.

With regards to all your other notes. That makes total sense. I know I switch off at times when I'm raiding to watch other people (I'm the RL) so I can often let harmony or LB drop.

I have NS macro'd to healing touch to use as an emergency heal. I guess if it was macro'd to RG I would use it more often but if I have omen of clarity and NS up at the same time and hit the macro would something not be wasted in that process?

Thanks

#87 Earen

Earen

Likes Peachbellinis!

• • Guide Author
  • 170 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I have NS macro'd to healing touch to use as an emergency heal. I guess if it was macro'd to RG I would use it more often but if I have omen of clarity and NS up at the same time and hit the macro would something not be wasted in that process?

Hey Elunatic -

No, nothing would be lost. You OoC will not be consumed if you have NS active, and will still be available after you have triggered your free spell from NS. Liberal use of NS is a very nice mana saving tool, and should be viewed as such. With such a short cooldown, there is no longer any compelling reason to save it for an "emergency". Like other mana saving abilities, you want to consider finding good times to utilize it and generally keep it on cooldown.
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

is recruiting! Learn More About Two Night a Week Progression!

Blog | YouTube | Twitter

#88 Ridiculer

Ridiculer

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hey there people, I was wondering on how the tier 15 -2set bonus works now I'm using glyph of effloressence (essentially moving the AOE groundeffect to the mushroom spell) how does the set bonus now work? Or doesn't it work at all?

#89 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Patch notes gave no reason to believe that the T15 2 set would stop working. Although the set bonus does say swiftmends ground effect gets an extra healed target, the patch notes also say the name of the ground effect will be changed to Efflorescence and the glyph states the Efflorescence will now be moved to the mushroom. So the logic suggests the set bonus effect will transfer too.

The set bonus simply heals one additional person per tick on top of your current 3 lowest health players = 33% more healing from eflo.

As so much of the content is AOE damage and I run 25 man, I will almost always have more than 5 players inside the Eflo circle (in some fights almost the whole raid) so I'm going to hold on to the 33% more healing from the set bonus for as long as possible.

#90 kerseylock

kerseylock

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone know if the dps-caster amp trinket int proc work for moonfire and/or wrath for a resto druid?

#91 Kjeldorian

Kjeldorian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Discussed in the main resto thread, the caster amp trinket will proc off of melee attacks (cat), direct damage component of moonfire, and on wrath casts.

#92 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

It doesn't proc from Wrath or Moonfire, but does proc off of any melee attacks.

#93 Morglem

Morglem
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

At what point does it make sense to go for the 13163 haste break point?

I've yet to see even a rough consensus based on napkin maths, but my impression is that if you can't get to 13k haste while maintaining 5k+ Mastery it's not worth it. My other sense is that if you're rocking a majority of haste gems that's also overkill, but I have even less to base that on. As such I'd appreciate input from the more theory-crafting minded folk on this.

#94 Elunatic

Elunatic

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm running with 13k HBP and I have been since the first week of 5.4.

I Simmed both break points and I have 3% more throughput at 13k. even though I basically put yellow gems in every slot and gave up the socket bonuses.

As I've got more gear and been able to match gem slots I've seen the 'simmed' difference increase to about 5% at the higher HBP.

In practise though with all the AOE damage in fights being able to heal faster is worth so much and it fills your shroom faster and gets you and extra tick of tranq. all in all for me it works well.

I will point out though that I run 'mastery > spirit > crit' with a total of 9.6k spirit, as my regen isn't a problem and fights are over very quickly anyway.

According to simC I would be doing a further 6% healing if I ran Spirit > Mastery > Crit.

But in my opinion if I finish the fight with more than 20% mana and I haven't used every external innervate, mana tide, priest hymn ect... then I have too much spirit. I do 25 man HCs if that helps.

#95 Yeni

Yeni

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I thought healing in simC was in an extremely early stage. Would you be so kind to provide the version you were using (and an action priority list, if you changed it yourself)?

#96 Jekht85

Jekht85

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hello my name is Jekht I am a prospect in the guild Shade of Arrows on US server Velen and I play a restoration druid.  We are currently trying to progress on Heroic Thok which is why I am making this post to try and seek help on what I can personaly do to increase my preformance for this fight. 

World of Logs parse :  http://worldoflogs.c...sses&boss=71529

Armory Link:  http://us.battle.net...en/Jekht/simple

For these attempts I talented Incarnation and Nature's Vigil with glyph of efflorescence, glyph of wild growth, and glyph of stampeding roar. A breif description of my healing for the encounter looks something like this.  I am using Nature's Vigil for every main phase and I am also combining it with Incarnation for main phase 1 and 3 on the 4th roar and then lifebloom stacking as many players as I can in the raid at this point I am keeping wild growth on cd and spamming regrowth to refresh lifebloom durations and to exhaust my clearcast procs.  At roar 11 our Holy Paladin is Boping me and I am using my tranq at this point.  After my Tranq has ended I use my fully charged mushroom for a big raid heal (the reason I use Mushroom late phase is because once it has been used my rejuvs will never overheal enough to charge it to full again) before both groups stack together for the transition.  For the Blood Frenzy phase I try and keep rejuv's rolling on whoever is kitting the boss and for any damage other raid members may be taking I also utilize Swiftmend and Wild Growth when needed.  This is a general description of my healing for the rest of the fight except I try and use my dispell on cooldown for the rest of the fight for Thok's dot and I repeat phase 3 the same as phase 1 with my cooldowns.  I believe my problem could be a misuse of my cooldowns and mushroom.  Any advice or criticism that will help increase my performance for this fight will be greatly appreciated thank you.

#97 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

One of the biggest issues I'm seeing is that you're not keeping Harmony up as much as you should. Take Try 10 for example: http://worldoflogs.c...s=10432&e=10777. In the Buffs Cast tab, you can see that you have large gaps throughout the fight where you don't have Harmony up, leading to your HoTs not being buffed nearly 30% of the time. All you need to do to keep Harmony up is cast Swiftmend as soon as it's off cooldown, use a Clearcasted Regrowth, or a Sage Mender Healing Touch every 20 seconds. 

You're also not casting Wild Growth on cooldown. Using this query in the expression editor: http://worldoflogs.c... type=TYPE_CAST, you can see that there are oftentimes gaps of 20 seconds or more between casts, meaning you're missing out on a huge amount of throughput. 

All this leads me to believe your UI isn't adequately tracking the cooldowns for Swiftmend and Wild Growth nor the duration of your Harmony buff. Use something like WeakAuras or NeedToKnow to track these things and your numbers should come up considerably.

#98 tioz

tioz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

Once again I'd like to get my logs analyzed for further improvements. I'm rather happy with my current playstyle and output tho, but obv I bet there are things you can improve :-)

http://www.worldoflo...asph3bvd1v8uqi/

This is a recent log with our HC farm up to Thok (unfortunately with a little AQ-rep-thingy). I'm usually aware of Harmony & LB, but lets see what you guys can find. This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net...nicillin/simple

I'd also like to get some hints about Thok, here are some of our tries:

http://www.worldoflo...u188x2h5n7z94t/

http://www.worldoflo...ipes&boss=71529

I'm really curious about SotF <=> ToL and HotW <=> NV. I'm using ToL & NV while the other Druid is using SotF & HotW. I usually do the following:
- try to get RJ on as many ppl as possible

- use SM & WG on cooldown

- bloom shrooms regularly and replace them as soon as possible

- pop NV & ToL around screech7 and make use of LB (just keep RJ for SM) and instant regrowths

- use barkskin & ironbark

- pop tranq with BoP

With 2 Druids and 1 Disc it feels rather hard to top ppl, but we managed to get 22-27 stacks in P1. I did some math on the talent-thingy and think that you do better with ToL, while HotW & NV seems to be rather equal (ignoring the fact that it's up when you need it).

Any tips appreciated, regards,

Tree

Edited by tioz, 26 November 2013 - 10:05 PM.

#99 Solishe

Solishe

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

Hey,

Bear with me, this is my first post on here. I'm just back into the game from a 6 month break, so i am a little unused to the new healing style. However I got ripped in /w by another resto druid very unhelpfully to be fair, and I would like to get some help and my logs examined for the fight. I would like to get back into heroic raiding asap :)

http://www.warcraftl...W/#type=healing I hope warcraft logs is ok !

http://eu.battle.net.../Solishe/simple here's my char. 

Have at me please (but be nice if at all possible!) Thank you :)

#100 Kjeldorian

Kjeldorian

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

1. Your efflo healing was 60% of theirs so placement of your shroom is important.

2. They have an ilevel 30 points higher than yours so don't expect to do well.

3. You need to gem in favor of Mastery or Haste with hybrid gems when the socket bonus nets you favorable stats. (2 Mastery / Haste for 1 Int, you will favor the 2) [Regarding JC gems it's 1.5 secondary stats to 1, so favoring pure red int gems would be better there]

4. Drop down to the 3043 breakpoint or gem up to the 13163 haste breakpoint, 7k gets you nowhere.

5. Unless you pre-plan where you will be using your Heart of the Wild to maximize the 45 seconds or to get a 2nd / 3rd cast in, Nature's Vigil should be worth considering.

On the plus side, your Harmony uptime was significantly higher than theirs.

Edited by Kjeldorian, 04 March 2014 - 11:52 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users