• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Elegon is very easily killable with 5+5 waves of adds. If your RL insists on doing more and you're having big problems with your adds, save Inc+NV, CA, and a potion for the 5th, 6th, and 7th sets. Obviously save all SS procs for the add waves and use Starfall on the last global before the adds spawn. Once others have killed their adds, ask them to help on yours.

#42 Renindarb

Renindarb

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hello to all the Boomkins out there.
So lately I have been lacking in DPS compared to the rest of my guild. At the start of the expansion I was towards the top but now that we all have gotten a little more gear I'm starting to drop more towards the middle of the pack. We finally killed Elegon 25H last night and I feel like I performed pretty well and consider myself a pretty solid player. But I fell in the middle of the pack and would like to see if there is something that can be determined from the logs that I am doing wrong or if I'm doing solid DPS for my gear level.

WoL:
Details for Renin - 13-01 18:15 - Dulce Bellum - World of Logs

Armory:
Renin @ Stonemaul - Community - World of Warcraft

I do notice right away from the logs that my DoT up-times were a little lower than I would like them to be but I think part of that can be due to the fact you can't DoT Elegon during the pillar phases. I do always position myself on the edge of the circle so that I can just jump to clear my debuff and I always try to clear my debuff around 6 to 8 stacks when I'm re-applying DoTs.
After we are done killing the pillars we group up around the console and get the adds grouped up there and are under instruction to not DoT or attack the adds until the tanks have them grouped up. So I try to get myself into Solar Eclipse to Hurricane them down once have them grouped up.
We are doing 5 rounds of sparks the first go and then 4 the second go for what that's worth.
Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated in helping me improve my Boomkin skills.
[EDIT]
Opening rotation I should have noted in here:
start one Wrath from Lunar > get mushrooms pre-planted > pre-pot > starfall > Wrath > Incarnation/NV > Mushroom detonate > DoT's > SS > Starfire > Starfall > Starfire and SS procs til 0 energy > CA > DoT's > starfall when previous is done > Starfire until Solar
After that I continue along the normal rotation, trying to refresh DoT's when they have less than a second left unless i'm about to leave eclipse with only a few seconds left on the buffed DoT I will refresh that one before leaving the eclipse state.

Thanks,
Renin

#43 Eralia

Eralia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hello,

I have a little interesting (more like strange) situation. When I try to find out the Statweights of my Moonkin, I always end up with Haste as the strongest Secondary stat, even though I forged to the point of the breakpoint (5273 without 4 t14 set bonus, 3706 with 4 t14).

Is the Simcraft script wrong? Is the general Theorycrafting from this forum and Graymatter wrong? Are my breakpoint numbers wrong?

Thanks,

Era

#44 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

This thread is your best source for up to date information. I don't keep up with simcraft at all. Try using the most recent version of wrathcalcs found in these forums and see if it comes up with the same. Wrathcalcs is 100% better then simcraft as it is moonkin specific and constantly updated by a few of the math gods here.

#45 Rained

Rained

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hello, in a multi-dot situation would you rather instant starsurge (with procs) on cooldown, or dot everything up first?

#46 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzÄ™stochowa POLAND

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hello, in a multi-dot situation would you rather instant starsurge (with procs) on cooldown, or dot everything up first?

I would assume that in eclipse it's better to dot up first. Outside of eclipse each Starsurge brings us closer to another eclipse therefor stronger dots.

#47 matt9882

matt9882

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hey EJ forums.

I just had the worst night of my raiding life. Got trial in a new, progressed guild, and I'm just not up to par anymore. What used to come easily to me, now seems impossible. I'll post my logs up from last night and tonight - but be forewarned... they aren't pretty.

My Armory:
Mathian's Armory

My WoL Parses:
Tonight (Wednesday) - Heroic Wind Lord.
Last night (Tuesday) - Heroic Blade Lord and Heroic Garalon. I was not in for Vizier.

I used to be the guy people would turn to for help, but now I cant figure out anything anymore. As such, any and all help is appreciated. If you want, send me a tell in-game. RealID is Mathian#1141

-Matt

#48 Sunshining

Sunshining

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

does anyone also have sometimes problems with starsurge and ss procs?

while casting starsurge, shooting stars procced, but it wont let me cast my second starsurge after i finished the hardcastet one, even though the ui had the spell highlighted. i have to wait one or two gcds and often also cast another spell to fill the time since the proc is gcd oder whatever locked.

is there a solution to this problems? especially regarding the new 100% crit?

i read something like: "You cannot have more than one Starsurge in the air at any given time", but its wrong. with some nice proccluck i can get up to 3 surges in the air.

there is just the problem with hardcastet starsurges into proc. is this intendet and why?

ss proc to ss procs make no problems.

#49 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I have this problem too. I just assume it's a bug.

#50 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

As a general rule isn't Haste only better than Mastery until the Haste breakpoint?

Am I being correct in using this priority for reforging?

Hit Cap > Haste Cap > Crit > Mastery > Haste

(So if Haste over the cap can't be reforged to Crit because it's already on an item, it'll be reforged to Mastery)

#51 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:00 AM

No. hit and haste caps, then crit>haste>mastery.

#52 Dreedo

Dreedo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Will boomkins get a new stat priority in 5.2? or will it stay the same as now?

#53 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Will boomkins get a new stat priority in 5.2? or will it stay the same as now?

Did you not read the other main thread? Crit is still going to be favored for movemnt/multi-target, which is everything is 5.2

#54 Hamlet

Hamlet

Mike Tyson

• • Guide Author
  • 11581 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

That's still open, I'd say. Haste and crit are going to be very close, at any rate--even more so than in 5.1. So maybe the overarching point is that you shouldn't worry about it too much. But trying to math out multi-target stuff in a little more detail is probably the next priority.

Do also remember that if you're trying to think about practical situations like heavy multi-dotting, if you also assume that you will ensure you are in Eclipse for the relevant parts of the fight (as is often the case), the best stat is Mastery by a good bit.

#55 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

If I make a following macro:

/cast Celestial Alignment
/cast Wild Mushroom: Detonate

Will Wild Mushroom: Detonate benefit from Celestial Alignment?

Edited to answer my own question: Just did some testing on dummies and the answer is 'Yes.'

(Since both of those spells have no GCD, I was wondering whether the client would already register CA by the time WM: D was cast)

#56 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Could somebody please remind me whether Starfall not hitting any CC-ed targets will come in patch 5.2 or has it been hotfixed already?

#57 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

There's been no indication that it's been implemented already. I wouldn't expect the change until 5.2.

#58 Sunshining

Sunshining

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

is HotW the new got-to-talent or are there fights in 5.2 where NV outstands (dmg multipliers, burst phases etc.)?

#59 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Mr robot is telling me H-LOC(2x upped) > Volatile Talisman of SP Assault as well as Thunderforged 528 Cha-Ye's.

Does that sound correct to the math people? I assumed ilevel would win. Is the robot wrong?

#60 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Use WrathCalcs to find your answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users