Here's the full write up, thanks everyone

Must Tova: Glyph or Unglyphed FR, That Is The Question

#22 thefool808

thefool808

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

On the agi tab I do reference the stat weight from the Results tab and times that but agi needed per dodge. That is then combined with the stat weight agi gets from providing crit. Should be right.

Could you elaborate on how 42% to 43% less damage is different percentage wise that 60% to 61%. If get hit for 100 have 42 to 43 reduces the damage by 1 and 60 to 61 reduce the dam by one relatively.

The glyphed SD stuff looks good.

I think Quincunx is right about Agi!B1. It's divided by Results!G15 which is Agi per crit, whereas Results!G16 looks like the correct cell (Agi per dodge). Another way to look at it is both Agi!B1 and Agi!B4 are divided by the same cell. With the change, Agi goes up some, but it doesn't seem to change any gemming choices.

Also, I think what Quincunx is saying is that when the damage is reduced from 61 to 60, that's 1/61 (1.6%) damage reduction, but when the damage is reduced from 40 to 39, that's a 1/40 (2.5%) reduction. At least that's what I think is going on, but I've been looking at it a while and am still confused if it applies to the spreadsheet. It seems to me that any increase in total avoidance can be considered equal independent of its source (whether that be dodge or armor).

Anyways, I think it would be interesting to look at no-dodge, worst case scenario up to some certain "effective health" cap, and then look at normal-case, average dodge past that. Hopefully while also including the percent damage that is mitigatable. Then we could even include stamina in the mix.

#23 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks, updated to Result!G16. Agi jumped huge, still not quite better than crit. Much appreciated.
To me that was push we needed to get Dancing Steel to be the better enchant imo.

Definitely going to do some more napkin math on the dodge armour stuff.

#24 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

Initial thoughts:

Say right now I take 100dps

What will reduce my damage to 99dps?

1% more dodge
1% more reduction in damage.

It's more of a snapshot at where you are right now. I could have 10% dodge and 12k armour that reduce my damage take by say 10%

Really my incoming dps is much higher than 100dps all I want to know is how to take 1% less.

With how I have it now I use the armour equation and rating per dodge or rating to get enough armour for 1% less damage.

In conclusion, I'm working more of at a snap shot from where you are based on the stat you put in. This is just my initial thoughts and how I set it up. Where to go from here is the open discussion.

#25 Quincunx

Quincunx

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Could you elaborate on how 42% to 43% less damage is different percentage wise that 60% to 61%. If get hit for 100 have 42 to 43 reduces the damage by 1 and 60 to 61 reduce the dam by one relatively.

Sure, lets borrow numbers from the sheet and round them because I like round numbers.

Testbear has 42% dodge (counting savage defense as 30%) and 60% armor reduction. Let's say a boss takes 100 swings at him with 225K raw damage. 58 of those swings hit, and he takes 40% of that 225K (90000) each time for a total of 5.22M taken.

Give Testbear 43% dodge. 57 swings hit, and the same 90K a hit, he takes 5.13M.

Give Testbear 42% dodge again, but now he takes 39% of each 225K hit (87750) each time. 58 swings hit, and so total he takes 5.09M, which is a greater damage reduction than he got by adding 1% dodge.

Since one can't convert rage to dodge any more than by keeping 67% uptime on SD, I wonder if a different set of stat weights between rage stats and defensive stats would apply once you have enough rage to keep SD on cooldown. Something along the lines of a softcap, although for rage generation taken as a whole rather than any individual stat.

#26 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

What I think needs to happen is on the armour tab we have to apply it to the unmitigated damage calculated on results and adjust it for current dodge.

This I can do.

#27 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Take a quick look at the Armor tab, It basically works out to the same for 93 mobs

#28 Knowme

Knowme

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just questioning why iam doing so less dmg with HotW.

Fight: Zor'lok 25 Heroic

Weapon Spirit Kings Heroic (Staff of trembling Will) + Agi Potion. Not Using Bloodlust in this case.

Wrath Hit
MIN 140k
AVG 141k
MAX 167k

Wrath Crit
MIN 280k
AVG 290k
MAX 320k

(With Caster Weapon Staff of trembling Will) even less dmg =/ )

This should be more ? Am I missing something great oO

kind regards

#29 Xaeth

Xaeth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Firstly, is there going to be a dedicated Guardian thread like there is a Feral-Cat thread for Mists? I'm not sure if I missed the memo but I was just wondering.
I don't have the time right now due to uni (exams) to do my own testing but has anyone actually tested full mastery reforge against full dodge reforge against full RPS reforge?
Had a look at the numbers/logs for how much damage they're taking?
I'd be very interested to see that, I'm currently full mastery reforged and liking it, I don't tend to use Savage Defence/Frenzied Regen on cooldown but either use FR reflexively or bank up some rage to chain ~20-30 seconds worth of solid 45% dodge for when I run out of my other cooldowns (this gives more flexibility to fight conditions). I know it's looking like going for more RPS appears to be better for our mitigation, but armor has been king for us bears for as long as I remember, it's only now that we can actually reforge to it.
Cheers

#30 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Just finished doing up a BiS breakdown:

Guardian Druid BiS Items Breakdown

#31 TheeTova

TheeTova

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Here is some math on Tooth And Claw!

Tooth And Claw

#32 Jocund

Jocund

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Please delete

#33 Jocund

Jocund

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

I went to the upgrader and upgraded an iLevel 463 item to iLevel 471. This item is not on the list of equippable items. I re-imported my toon from the armory and after the import he is still wearing the 463 item. What am I doing wrong? How do I equip items that have been upgraded so that they have the correct iLvl?

#34 DTKStone

DTKStone

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:00 AM

Hey all. I've been out of WoW for a while and recently came back. I'm working on getting back into raiding content and have been using Heart of the Wild. I've got the rotation with that down pretty well, but using Dream of Cenarius is a whole new beast. Weaving HT's in the rotation is tough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I've crafted my rotation. I skip out on the stealth at the top because I prefer to have as much of a full 12 seconds of Savage Roar

During initial rush to boss:
Savage Roar then Faerie Fire (gives you less time with SR, but gives time to regen energy spent during pull)
Fight Begins
Rake
Shred to 5 combo points.
Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch
Tiger's Fury
Rip(25% bonus)
Rake(25% bonus)
Shred to five combo points. Savage Roar will wear off if you're unlucky with crits.
Wait for max energy, Savage Roar
Shred to 4-5 combo points, as many as you can get before casting your free HT
Free Healing Touch
Rake if 4 combo points(25% bonus)
Rip (25% bonus)
Rake if you didn't do it before rip (25% bonus)

Rinse and repeat.

There are absolutely some flaws. The fact that Savage Roar is probably going to drop sucks (especially with my crummy gear and 37% crit rating), but that's the only way I can theorize to get every application of rip/rake having that 25% bonus damage. The largest limit of the spec right now is that Predatory Swiftness only lasts a short few seconds. That's why I write to "Wait for max energy" before casting Savage Roar. You need to build combo points quickly in order to use your 25% bonus on rake/rip.

Thoughts?

#35 Jocund

Jocund

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

The import from Battle.net feature used to work for me but lately, I get an error message [Arg_SecurityException]. There are no suggested fixes and the Microsoft Link provided just takes me to a page that tells me that installing the Developer Version of Silverlight might give me more information. Is that what I'm supposed to do? Is it free?

Or, is this a known issue?

#36 RareBeast

RareBeast

Von Kaiser

•  Patrons
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

From the mention of Silverlight I assume you are talking about Rawr. Rawr isn't really being updated at the moment so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Better to use the info here and over at the FluidDruid and/or SimCraft.

#37 Jocund

Jocund

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

I get pop-ups just about every day saying that Rawr has been updated, close and reopen (I use the off-line fat client).

#38 RareBeast

RareBeast

Von Kaiser

•  Patrons
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

There has not been a new version released since December 26th. It seems to have pretty much ground to a halt which is a shame as I have been using it was a purely Feral DPS tool.

#39 Jocund

Jocund

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well, they are doing something because they just made it worse. I have not been able for a couple of weeks to import my bear from battle.net. Today, that works but when I saved it to my character file, it apparently saves a corrupted version because I get an error when I try to open it. I tried reimporting and saving to a new character file twice. I now have 3 corrupted files. I'm afraid to experiment with my cat.

The reason I was so hot to import my toon was because it is the only way I've found to get rawr to recognize an item that is not in its list. I have some legs that rawr only shows the iLvl 503 for and I have the LFR version.

This is very disappointing. I've been using rawr for my Druid since it first came out. I'm pretty lost without it...

#40 RareBeast

RareBeast

Von Kaiser

•  Patrons
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

I've been using AskMrRobot with stat weights from FluidDruid. It's not ideal, but I really don't have time to get into SimCraft at this stage to work out my own weights.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Catform, Macro, GCD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users