• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#21 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:50 AM

I suspect heroic mode is going to dictate a pretty specific kill order, we won't be there until next week or the week after though. Will update then. Until then though, go nuts with dots/SS procs, it's very very entertaining rarely casting a wrath or starfire. =)

World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Our kill from this weeks clear.

#22 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, Heroic mode is obviously a different proposition than the pretty heavily undertuned normal mode.

#23 Karepow

Karepow

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

Tec-

Will of the Emperor-

I roll a very high crit rating for this fight. With as many adds as are always up it only makes sense. Rolling dots on everything makes for a huge amount of SS procs and extremely quick transitions from one eclipse to another. Generally placing myself in the middle of the room gives me good range on everything available. Priority kill order is Strength/Courage then smaller adds while trying to maintain 100% dots on both main bosses and their shared health pool. Stampeding roar has proven exceptional for helping the raid to get behind courage as quickly as possible. Typhoon, vortex and entangling roots are also great for helping to slow small adds while they are cleaved down.

I have also been going full crit and managed to score world rank #3 for Moonkin DPS on Will of the Emperor. I'm going to be trying it again but this time with the haste breakpoint. In my mind I believe hitting the haste breakpoint will result in higher DPS because of the amount of multi-DoTing going on in that fight. I'd like to some feedback from you guys though if anyone has noticed a significant different between going all out crit and going with the haste breakpoint.

#24 Sunfyre

Sunfyre

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Stone Guard:

I'll have to try to run logs without doing it, but both moonkin in our raid do DoT an extra dog (or even the second) despite the 90% debuff, as DoTs running on 4 mobs gives us pretty much rapid-fire shooting stars procs from Eclipse to Eclipse.

#25 Nooc

Nooc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

Will of the Emperor

The majority of this fight is vs. lvl 92 mobs. What do you guys think about dropping 3% hit for more haste/crit/mast?

#26 Sunfyre

Sunfyre

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Heroic Feng:

Wild Charge/Disengage is super super helpful in getting out after Arcane Velocity before Arcane Resonance is re-applied.

#27 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:55 AM

If you're using Nature's Vigil on Gara'jal, save your second use of the ability for the execute phase. It'll lighten the burden on your healers a bit and you'll have uninterrupted DPS time since there are no more totems to kill.

#28 zgollum

zgollum

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Heroic Feng:

Wild Charge/Disengage is super super helpful in getting out after Arcane Velocity before Arcane Resonance is re-applied.

Makes sense, but I didn't want to lose +15% movement speed I could really used to.

I need advice on dealing with Soul Fragments, I can't keep up with the rest of my raid on these. We have silly tactics though, I'm pressing to change it - we have DK mass gripping the souls together, then elemental shaman pushes them away and then I'm supposed to typhoon them again. I just can't land a solid hurricane with adds flying around the room. Plus I have to move into position for typhoon. Anyway, I think we'll change it. In any case - what would be the best way to kill 2 sets of adds (and probably even 3, we may have lower dps next time). Solar hurricane, or multidot + solar hurricane, lunar options? What's your choice for a quick burst of aoe?

#29 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Your strat sounds broken. Positioning is key and tanks using the shield every other wave of adds is important. I use shrooms 1st for the slow, 1 solar cane, 1 vortex, more cane then lunar showered dots to kill off anything low health that is left. Being grouped up when they spawn and away from the shield will bring you victory in heroic mode.

#30 Sunfyre

Sunfyre

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Makes sense, but I didn't want to lose +15% movement speed I could really used to.

I need advice on dealing with Soul Fragments, I can't keep up with the rest of my raid on these. We have silly tactics though, I'm pressing to change it - we have DK mass gripping the souls together, then elemental shaman pushes them away and then I'm supposed to typhoon them again. I just can't land a solid hurricane with adds flying around the room. Plus I have to move into position for typhoon. Anyway, I think we'll change it. In any case - what would be the best way to kill 2 sets of adds (and probably even 3, we may have lower dps next time). Solar hurricane, or multidot + solar hurricane, lunar options? What's your choice for a quick burst of aoe?

You really have to play your strengths on this fight... We stack on the boss and all the adds spawn right on us, in the center of the room. We pretty much AoE them down right there. If they get too close to the shield we'll then knock them back and I'll try to lay down another hurricane, but we're not really burst AoE anymore, so keeping DPS up on the boss is just as important. There's other classes that can do the burst AoE.

#31 mstWeal

mstWeal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
Use Stampeding Roar at the very beginning of the fight to help melee get to the boss asap.

#32 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzęstochowa POLAND

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
Use Stampeding Roar at the very beginning of the fight to help melee get to the boss asap.

This boss has rather short pull range and if you stay stacked on the boss during the encounter noone has to move to the boss at the start - the boss moves few steps towards the raid.

#33 HarleyM

HarleyM

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

While Mass Dispel on Spirit Kings can help, priests can glyph it for a near instance dispel. Instead, Symbiosis a Shaman for Purge, to help remove the darkness shield.

Also, make sure to Soothe Meng, though you may not want to Soothe him when he is high energy, especially during cowardice.

#34 hercdeisel

hercdeisel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

For Bladelord Ta'yak, 10man Normal

1. DPS is no strict requirement at all in any part of the fight at least on normal 10man.
2. HotW during the frogger tornado end phase can be very useful and can easily make the difference between a kill and a wipe if one of your healers gets caught in a tornado.
3. To go along with HotW, I took feline's swfitness so I could keep moving quickly enough while rejuving the raid to get to the other end easily. If you aren't using HotW, hop into Cat form.
4. Stampeding Roar is very useful. If you have a warrior, Symbiosis them to give them Stampeding Roar. Although I would be careful about intervening before Hidden Attack since you might take a double share. Didn't actually test that though.
5. If no warrior is available, you might want to help out a Hunter friend with Dash.

#35 danetch

danetch

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Lovely thread !

On Elegon HC, for soaking total annihilation + useful dps boost on charges for your raid, symbiosis a dps death knight.
Rogue shadow cloak doesn't work, warlock's unending resolve is a safer total annihilation soaker, but doesn't bring raid dps.

#36 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzęstochowa POLAND

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

What would guys suggest is the best thing to cast during the movement phases of Imperial Vizier Zor'lok? So far I could only focus on spamming MF/SnF and SS on proc, however, the phase is so long that usually the DoT I spam will overwrite the NG application. Thought about shrooms but so far I've found putting them in this particular situation kinda inconvinient.

#37 Sunshining

Sunshining

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Additional question: What would you guys suggest is the best AOE rota during the add phase of the fourth boss in HoF (or in general if AoE is needed)?

During the fight there are first 6, then 5, then 4 mobs aoeable.

AoE options:

staying in solar!?
is it worth to dot with sunfire?
shroom on cd or just set shrooms up when forced to run?
hurricane in between dotting and shrooming?
transitioning at all?

#38 Tuscarora

Tuscarora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

- Imperial Vizier: No clue what to do while dodging spheres, I've tried both sneaking hard casts (should be better in Solar to Lunar since Wrath casts are shorter, but you will get hit by some of them. You'll survive it on Normal mode though) and spamming Moonfire/Sunfire. I wouldn't worry about overwriting NG too much since the buffed DD component of 2-3 casts is greater than the 1-2 ticks that you lose by overwriting a DoT with NG (plus you'll have more time remaining on the DoT).

- The tornadoes guy: Feline Switness in Tier 1 is probably the better talent. Additionaly, you run faster in Cat Form but you lose the ability to cast instant Rejus on your party while moving, and most of time you'll want to stay grouped with the raid to get healed. Use Stampeding Roar of course, and cast Symbiosis on a DPS Warrior to give them an additional Roar (just as hercdeisel says)

- Garalon: dot everything, focus the boss (other classes gain extra cleave damage on the boss by focusing the legs, you don't).

- Wind Lord Mel'jarak: I think it's better with Moonfire/Sunfire spam and instant Starsurges on the AoE phase.

#39 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Will go through and update these shortly, but wanted to point out that according to some forum posts Starfall isn't breaking the CC on the adds for Wind Lord Mel'jarak as long as the spears are being used (not manual CC like Polymorph). Can't confirm myself as I was being very careful to position myself out of range.

#40 magojo

magojo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well, the spears are considered a stun and nothing breaks a stun so it seems reasonable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users