137 replies to this topic

#121 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Elegon

If you use Anti-Magic Shell and Barkskin just before an add explodes, can you get away with not resetting the stacks for one explosion? How many stacks could you safely go up to and avoid dying, roughly, when stacking both of these defensive cooldowns?

Grand Empress Shek'zeer

What is the best way to deal with the mobs in Phase 2?

There's 2 Kor'thik Reavers and 6 Set'thik Windblades so 8 adds in total and if they were all tanked together, eclipsed Hurricane would be clearly the way to go.

But they are tanked in two groups and sometimes fixate as well, moving away, and DoTs have higher DPET than Hurricane on 4 targets, right?

So I imagine we would want to put the eclipsed DoT on all 8 mobs and then Shooting Stars procs whenever they are up? Or uneclipsed DoT once eclipsed DoT is up on everything?

#122 Tuscarora

Tuscarora

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

In Elegon normal mode you can avoid a reset with AMS and similar CDs, but it's not worth it to try to survive more than one add because 1) the damage when the add starts pulsing is quite high with a lot of stacks and you put unnecesary pressure 2) the time between the point where the add starts pulsing and the add explodes may be too high to try to cover with cooldowns 3) You have plenty of chances to reset the stacks a lot of times per add (you can stand on the edge of the platform and jump while casting instants so you reset without losing DPS)

In heroic Elegon that mechanic works differently

#123 Stommped

Stommped

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Grand Empress Shek'zeer

What is the best way to deal with the mobs in Phase 2?

There's 2 Kor'thik Reavers and 6 Set'thik Windblades so 8 adds in total and if they were all tanked together, eclipsed Hurricane would be clearly the way to go.

But they are tanked in two groups and sometimes fixate as well, moving away, and DoTs have higher DPET than Hurricane on 4 targets, right?

So I imagine we would want to put the eclipsed DoT on all 8 mobs and then Shooting Stars procs whenever they are up? Or uneclipsed DoT once eclipsed DoT is up on everything?

Yes you want to use the dotting/SS strategy for this phase. INC/CA should be up for both phases (should you get 2 phases) and then you want to line up your start of the fight rotation. Use Eclipse dots first, followed by Uneclipsed dots, using SS procs as soon as they pop. Keep doing this until 1 cast before Lunar then begin your INC/CA rotation. Once in Lunar during INC keep the same dotting strategy using a SS > MF > SuF priority. Once you exit Eclipse OR you have 15 seconds remaining on INC, use CA and dot everything, popping your 3rd Starfall once the 2nd falls off. Once all mobs are dotted you can proceed to start chaining SS procs and refreshing dots on the lowest duration mobs if there is downtime between procs. Once you get back to Solar just use a SuF > SS > MF priority and continue this process, reversing when you get back to Lunar.

#124 Metroid

Metroid

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for the pointers, Tecton

For Heroic Feng, is it a DPS gain to dot the shield adds or a loss? Also would I use CoS/AMS before the Epiccenter or DURING the epicenter?

#125 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzęstochowa POLAND

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the pointers, Tecton

For Heroic Feng, is it a DPS gain to dot the shield adds or a loss? Also would I use CoS/AMS before the Epiccenter or DURING the epicenter?

There are too many adds to DoT them. Hurricane is much better for them since they shouldn't live too long.

As for AMS usage it depends how your tanks deal with it. Tanks can prevent all of them with stun or shield. However, the shield is shorter than Epicenter so it's good to use AMS before/after the shield so you can keep dpsing without misses.

#126 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Looks like Starfall isn't hitting adds on Sha of Fear (heroic, at least) when you're in front of them anymore. I haven't been seeing Deflect! in any of our attempts.

#127 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Looks like Starfall isn't hitting adds on Sha of Fear (heroic, at least) when you're in front of them anymore. I haven't been seeing Deflect! in any of our attempts.

It never did. I remember seeing Deflect on normal long time ago.

#128 Zantaz

Zantaz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Related to the Sha of Fear, the Sha Globes increase Energy regen whilst in Cat Form - so it has some small use with the activated part of HotW, allowing you to stay in Cat Form near indefinitely whilst there are Globes up.

#129 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I meant that Starfall is no longer targeting the adds. I.E. every star that spawns hits the boss.

#130 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Coming back to Wind Lord Mel'jarak again.

Wouldn't it be better to use Incarnation first and only use Celestial Alignment when there 15 seconds left on Incarnation (assuming you're still in Lunar Eclipse by then) instead of stacking them together?

Calculations show that when you have less than 8 targets, eclipsed DoTs > Hurricane. However only if they can run their full duration.

So I guess it would make sense to Hurricane if mobs are lower on health but mainly DoT otherwise?

#131 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Coming back to Wind Lord Mel'jarak again.

Wouldn't it be better to use Incarnation first and only use Celestial Alignment when there 15 seconds left on Incarnation (assuming you're still in Lunar Eclipse by then) instead of stacking them together?

Calculations show that when you have less than 8 targets, eclipsed DoTs > Hurricane. However only if they can run their full duration.

So I guess it would make sense to Hurricane if mobs are lower on health but mainly DoT otherwise?

All your CDs should be saved for Recklessness on the boss and used then. It's a 30sec debuff iirc for 100/200 or 500% more damage. I can't remembe which off the top of my head. Obviously trying to line up a new lunar eclipse with said debuff = better.

#132 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

All your CDs should be saved for Recklessness on the boss and used then. It's a 30sec debuff iirc for 100/200 or 500% more damage. I can't remembe which off the top of my head. Obviously trying to line up a new lunar eclipse with said debuff = better.

So on Heroic mode, you don't use the usual opener but wait for the first pack of adds to be dead and do it then when recklessness is up?

#133 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

Correct.

#134 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Thank you for your answers, gannonjf.

I have two more questions regarding Wind Lord Mel'jarak HC.

Since the usual opening rotation is saved for when the boss gains Recklessness, do we start the encounter this way:

1) One cast away from Lunar
2) The usual Starfall > Pot > Wrath
3) DoT everything up with Moonfire, casting Shooting Stars procs when Moonfire is on all mobs and casting Sunfire if Moonfire is on all mobs and Shooting Stars aren't proccing

Or do we start the encounter this way:

1 One cast away from Solar
2) Pot > Starsurge
3) Starfall
4) Hurricane (until first pack dies? or until Nature's Grace is over?)

According to math, if Eclipsed DoTs can run their full duration, they are worth more DPS than Hurricane at less than 8 targets but perhaps some of you found the second way to be better or saw it done in top Moonkin logs?

And a final question:

I haven't done this encounter yet, will DBM spam a warning when the boss gains Recklessness?

#135 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Will of the Emperor HC.

Given Emperor's Rages don't live very long, is it worth it at all to Eclipsed DoT them or should I just Astral Storm/Hurricane (we're killing each pack of 4 that spawns immediately)?

#136 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Will of the Emperor HC.

Given Emperor's Rages don't live very long, is it worth it at all to Eclipsed DoT them or should I just Astral Storm/Hurricane (we're killing each pack of 4 that spawns immediately)?

If they don't manage to move out of Hurricane range and they die with a lot of DoT time letf on them, then AoE would be better.

#137 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

is a guide being written for T15? So far have just been applying the same type of things done for the T14, but the Symb cheezes are hard to test when guild trying to progress... like effect of CoS/AMS on new mechanics.

I found this section extremely helpful for inching out every bit of serviceability /dps /surviveablity.

and wow do i love all these multi dot new fights!

#138 Tecton

Tecton

Soda Popinski

•  Patrons
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

I've not posted up a thread myself as I won't be able to raid this tier, so don't look at me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users