• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Pyryte

Pyryte

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

If you get targeted by Blade Lord Ta'yaks Unseen Strike, you get stunned for about half a second before being hit. The stun seems to wear off milliseconds before delivering the damage, so you can blink out the damage area. Glyph of Blink is not required. However, I only managed to test this once, so it would be nice if someone could confirm that this works reliably.

Since Unseen Strike splits dmg amongst everyone he hits, I don't advise blinking out as it will cause the rest of your raid to take more dmg, unless you're suggesting that the dmg is still somehow split to you but avoided?

#22 Elge

Elge

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

Since Unseen Strike splits dmg amongst everyone he hits, I don't advise blinking out as it will cause the rest of your raid to take more dmg, unless you're suggesting that the dmg is still somehow split to you but avoided?

I suggest you position yourself so the Strike hits noone.

#23 Nattfodd

Nattfodd

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

If you get targeted by Blade Lord Ta'yaks Unseen Strike, you get stunned for about half a second before being hit. The stun seems to wear off milliseconds before delivering the damage, so you can blink out the damage area. Glyph of Blink is not required. However, I only managed to test this once, so it would be nice if someone could confirm that this works reliably.

Edit: Manged to test it 3 more times today, worked everytime without a problem.

yes, i also noticed that a few weeks ago. I guess it's more than reliable, but we need a timer for the strike. If Ta'yak strikes the target after 5.0 seconds after he disappeared, it's possible to blink out on 4.5 second. Also Glyph of blink makes this maneuver more reliable.

Did u have some specific addon for tracking this timer, or u do it by eye?

#24 eswedge

eswedge

Don Flamenco

• Guild Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

yes, i also noticed that a few weeks ago. I guess it's more than reliable, but we need a timer for the strike. If Ta'yak strikes the target after 5.0 seconds after he disappeared, it's possible to blink out on 4.5 second. Also Glyph of blink makes this maneuver more reliable.

Did u have some specific addon for tracking this timer, or u do it by eye?

It's pretty simple to do. Just keep moving/strafing, and blink the instant you can't move any more. The stun is applied maybe half a second before the strike goes off. That's the method I've used for it and have never been actually hit when a strike targets me.

#25 Elge

Elge

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

It's pretty simple to do. Just keep moving/strafing, and blink the instant you can't move any more. The stun is applied maybe half a second before the strike goes off. That's the method I've used for it and have never been actually hit when a strike targets me.

Let's not make this confusing: You position yourself facing away from your raid, wait for the stun and spam Blink like crazy. Simple as that. Demonstration: Twitch

#26 Maliander

Maliander

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:28 AM

Using Alter Time before getting hit by Imperial Vizier Zor'lok's Convert will revert you back to an un-MC'd state when it expires.

I don't think you can predict if you will be targeted, but even with a 2 in 9 chance you are, the benefits to the raid should outweigh the possible lost DPS of using AT in a suboptimal condition.

#27 Rakshas

Rakshas

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

On Blade Lord Ta'yak, did someone try using alter time or ice block to avoid storm phase ?

Yes, you can use AT to avoid storm phase. Just press AT when boss reaches 20%hp. Though I couldn't make it work every time. And that is very questionable whether it is a good idea to use it or not: you can easily be the first who reaches the boss, but there won't be any healer. So you'll spent most off this extra time on self-heal (e.g. with glyphed evocation) or in ice block.

#28 Morinehtar33

Morinehtar33

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Yes, you can use AT to avoid storm phase. Just press AT when boss reaches 20%hp. Though I couldn't make it work every time. And that is very questionable whether it is a good idea to use it or not: you can easily be the first who reaches the boss, but there won't be any healer. So you'll spent most off this extra time on self-heal (e.g. with glyphed evocation) or in ice block.

Tested and approved.
Just need Blade Lord Ta'yak to be tanked by his future Phase 2 location when reaching 25% of his health.
Hit Alter Time as suggested when boss' health is about to reach 20% while toon being at the exact location where boss will be too in Phase 2 and ... SHAZAM!
For my part, once back to location, I place a Rune of Power, then burst DPS the boss while keeping an eye on my health bar, use Healthstone when health is low (obvious), Greater Invisibility to reduce damage by 90% (even if getting out quickly due to AoE DOT, it is still a good 3 seconds damage reduction), Ice Blocking if no healers back soon, the Rune of Power still healing while in Ice Block.

Many thanks for the Alter Time tip on this encounter, it helped a lot!

#29 Spacedonkey

Spacedonkey

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tested and approved.
Just need Blade Lord Ta'yak to be tanked by his future Phase 2 location when reaching 25% of his health.
Hit Alter Time as suggested when boss' health is about to reach 20% while toon being at the exact location where boss will be too in Phase 2 and ... SHAZAM!
For my part, once back to location, I place a Rune of Power, then burst DPS the boss while keeping an eye on my health bar, use Healthstone when health is low (obvious), Greater Invisibility to reduce damage by 90% (even if getting out quickly due to AoE DOT, it is still a good 3 seconds damage reduction), Ice Blocking if no healers back soon, the Rune of Power still healing while in Ice Block.

Many thanks for the Alter Time tip on this encounter, it helped a lot!

I tried this yesterday and it didn't work. Alter Time ran out while I was in the phase transition and nothing happened.

#30 Gaws

Gaws

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

On Wind Lord Mel'jarak, (heroic atleast, didn't pay much attention to them on normal) the Kor'thik Elite Blademasters target 1 person and will Kor'thik Strike them, dealing heavy damage to that target. But they actually put a debuff on you when they target you and when there is about 5 seconds left on the debuff they charge at you. You can Ice Block this debuff off immediately or wait until they will charge you and still IB it in order to avoid the damage at all. That's the only reason I go with Cold Snap on that fight.

#31 Zeemag

Zeemag

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

On heroic will of the emperor you can pop a spark and then blink away before taking damage. Also works with druid's displacer beast and warlock's teleport.

#32 Gravitational

Gravitational

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

On Tortos build up a big combust on the boss before the spinning turtles come out. As they are coming out you can inferno blast spread combust to all of them greatly boosting your damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users