Photo

Warning for CausalXXLinkXx: Multiple violations.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

User: CausalXXLinkXx
Infraction: Multiple violations.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Rule 6: I appreciate that you're trying to find out the answer and provide original contributions rather than just ask other people for help. Unfortunately, target dummy tests are unreliable and don't provide an accurate representation of raid damage. They're more helpful for practicing a rotation, or for determining proc rates.

Rule 8: Please fix your profile, there is no character with that name on that realm.

And finally, this isn't specifically covered under any of our forum rules, but cite your sources. Your first paragraph is a direct quote from the official Blizzard hotfix summary. Put it in quote tags, or use quotation marks, or in some way indicate that it's not your own writing. Plagiarism is bad.

Original Post:

Death Siphon base damage has been increased by 50%, but it now scales less efficiently with attack power. This should result in an increase in damage for Frost and Unholy Death Knights, and a minor reduction in damage for Blood Death Knights benefitting from Vengeance.

With this latest change, would this mean that death runes should be spent on Death Siphons instead of Howling blast for single target as DW Mastery Frost?

I did some target dummy testing since I'm not the best with simcraft, and these are the results I got: (Note, when simcraft is upgraded it would of course be the better source of data)

Howling blast: 227 times used min: 25445 Avg: 26840 Max: 32286

Death Siphon: 227 times used min: 21775 Avg: 22540 Max: 23242

So it seems that death siphon still isn't better even with the buff :>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users