Photo

Advanced Death Knight Tactics

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon.

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Once again, numbers apply to DW frost for my calculations.

RPPM system details for reference:

Spoiler

Below are the scary guts of the new trinkets and metagems. This information is for theorycrafters. You don't need to read this to understand how the mechanics work or enjoy their benefits.

Trinkets

Strength DPS
- Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault - 15% chance on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 75 sec ICD.
- Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun - 0.56 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. 22 sec ICD.
- Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
- Spark of Zandalar - 5.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
- Gaze of the Twins – 1.00 RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
Update:- Gaze of the Twins – [0.8*(1+MeleeCritChance)] RealPPM on critical harmful abilities and spells, periodic spell, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.

Trinket rankings (all done with 522 ilevel version):
Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault: 1467 expertise * 1.8 = 2640 (you're going to be expertise capped with or without the trinket, and this value is the best case scenario, assuming you can reforge it all into mastery (expertise elsewhere). In all likeyhood, it will be closer to 1500) 8800 str for 15 seconds, with ~ 82 second intervals, 1610 static strength * 3.67 = 5907 + 2640 = 8547 dps

Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun: 1467 hit * 1.8 = 2640 (you're going to be hit capped with or without the trinket, and this value is the best case scenario, assuming you can reforge it all into mastery (hit elsewhere). In all likeyhood, it will be closer to 1500, or even 1k considering how much hit we have) "Your attacks have a chance to grant Feathers of Fury, granting 1333 Strength every 2 sec for 20 sec." Assuming the first proc starts at t=0, by t=18 the proc will be at 13330 strength, for an average of about 7331.5 strength * 3.67 = 26906. 0.56 rppm * 1.5 from melee haste = 0.84 ppm, 22601 with 1 ppm/4 = 5650 (with 1 ppm and 20 second uptime, and a 22 second ICD, it will proc once every 80 seconds on average, giving it a 25% uptime) _ 2640 = 8290 dps

Primordius’ Talisman of Rage: 1467 crit (587 mastery* 1.8=1056.6/880 crit*1.39=1223.2, reforged to mastery) = 2279 dps. Your attacks have a chance to grant you 1538 Strength for 10 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times. 3 ppm * 1.5 meleehaste = 4.5 ppm, 75% uptime baseline * 1538 =1153.5 * 3.67 = 4233 dps, however each time a proc is overridden, the duration of the last proc is effectively extended to back to 10 seconds. There is a 75% chance of this happening each proc, with an average extension of 5 seconds, or 3.375 ppm with an uptime of 5 seconds, 16.875 extra seconds a minute, 28% uptime * 1538 * 3.67 = 1587 dps. 8099.5 dps

Spark of Zandalar: 1467 haste (587 mastery* 1.8=1056.6/880 haste * 1.65 = 1452, reforged to mastery) = 2508 dps. Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you a Spark of Zandalar. Once you have accumulated 10 Sparks, you will transform into a Zandalari Warrior and gain 7333 Strength for 20 sec. 5 rppm * 1.5 meleehaste = 7.5 ppm, 20 sec duration 0.75 ppm of actual buff, = 25% uptime, *7333 strength *3.67 = 6728 dps + 2508 dps = 9236 dps.

Gaze of the Twins: 1467 str * 3.67 = 5383 dps, Your critical attacks have a chance to grant you 2868 Critical Strike for 20 sec. This effect can stack up to 3 times. Following calculations work if you get 1 crit every 10 seconds, or more often, 1 ppm * 1.5 meleehaste = 1.5 ppm, 50% uptime baseline * 2868 crit * 1.39 = 1993 dps, however each time a proc is overridden, the duration of the last proc is effectively extended back to 20 seconds. There is a 50% chance of this happening per proc, or .75 times per minute, and the average extension will be by 10 seconds, or a 12.5% uptime, worth 500 dps. 7874 dps total.
These calculations were done before the change to the way the proc worked. It will now be slightly better with about 25% melee crit, slightly worse with below 25% melee crit, and the same with 25% melee crit. First look suggests this won't change ranking order.

I would personally rank them in this order:
Spark of Zandalar
Primordius’ Talisman of Rage
Gaze of the Twins
Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun

Legendary Metagems

Capacitive Primal Diamond – 15.00 base RealPPM on landing melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD. At 5 stacks, fires Lightning Strike, which deals [280 + 75% AP] Nature damage. That base proc rate is multiplied by an additional coefficient by spec:

- Frost DK (2H): 1.309
- Frost DK (DW): 1.572
- Unholy: 1.34

Note: For DW frost, the legendary meta is worth about 5k dps in current gear. I'd imagine it's somewhat close for all specs. However, the cost of losing the normal meta gem is 2k, and I can't find the post I thought I read saying you get to keep both, so it's possible I'm crazy and that the net gain is 3k.

Meta gem value calculated by simming a full BiS DW setup with and without the meta gem, 2159 dps loss.
Legendary meta calculated for DW by using base AP of 48k, assuming procs will bring average ap to around 60k, 60k*.75+280=45280 dmg per proc.
15 base rppm*1.572 DW modifier * 1.5 melee haste modifier = 35.37 ppm/60 = 0.5895 pps/5 procs per hit = 0.1179 hits per second = 5338.512 dps * 15% meleel crit chance = 6139.29

All info for other classes and specs has been removed to clean up the post, and can be found at the link below.

Sources:
Windsong and Elemental Force Information - Forums - World of Warcraft
http://us.battle.net....6?page=79#1561

#42 Decimusxx

Decimusxx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Fights that "Festerblight" works (on Heroic):

Feng the Accursed
Gara'jal the Spiritbinder
Elegon
Imperial Vizier Zor'lok
Blade Lord Ta'yak
Empress Shek'zeer
Protectors of the Endless
Tsulong

It should be noted that just because you cannot extend from 100% to dead does not mean it isn't worth it. Tsulong is a good example of this as well as protectors and Elegon. AoE fights are not worth this and you should continue to blood boil as usual. Fights with constant target changes such as Lei Shi this is not worth using as well.

#43 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

All changes are subject to more changes, and may not be final, and the results below are math from one person, and are unlikely perfect. Please help contribute to the findings by doing your own, and sharing your results.

Death Knight
- Might of the Frozen Wastes to 20% melee damage, up from 10%.
- Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 20%.
- Blood Plague and Frost Fever damage +30%.
- Howling Blast damage to primary target +23%. Damage to secondary targets remains unchanged. Note: the tooltip for secondary damage says 0.5 but it has been 0.8 for some time.
- Scourge Strike damage +7.7%.

The only other dps changes for dks so far are gargoyle being free and benefitting from mastery.
And the 2-set being nerfed to 4%.

In 509 gear, simcraft currently has DKs ranked in the following order, single target.
DW: 118300
2-H: 117700
UH: 112600
FB: 113000

Spoiler

t14 509 gear with 5.2 changes:
2-H: 128000
DW: 125000
FB: 123050
UH: 120750

#44 mortalitasx

mortalitasx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Do stat weights change using Festerblight?

#45 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Do stat weights change using Festerblight?

In the sims I've run, the stat values of everything remained about the same, and certainly within the same order. However, I've only run sims in the 509 ilevel range, and if anyone else has competing data, I'd love to see and compare it.
Short answer, no they don't seem to.

#46 elive

elive

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Quote from GC:

Thoughts on an Unholy Death Knight using Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen and using Festering Strike to maintain these 100% crit chance diseases permanently?
Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen will only proc for Int users.

In that case Festerblight rotation wont work.

#47 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

It may be the case that festerblight isn't an advantage over a standard scourge strike rotation. But the unsurprising news about the Int trinket only working for Int users doesn't break the play style. The festerblight theory is to get all of your strength procs (potion, trinkets, fallen crusader) up all at once, apply your diseases, and then keep rolling those supercharged diseases. Even if rolling diseases forever ends up not being optimal (easily fixed by moving damage from festering strike to scourge strike), using an addon like dkdots to choose when to roll diseases and when to reapply them is part of the normal unholy play style, and a distinction between good and great players.

#48 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

In addition, the 15k strength proc from the feather trinket greatly overshadows stacking two trinkets in 5.0, and combined with a 30% buff to disease damage, I expect festerblight to do well in 5.2

#49 huntcaudata

huntcaudata

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Stealing Mendenbaar's post, updated for the nerfed-bonuses, check my math please.

All changes are subject to more changes, and may not be final, and the results below are math from one person, and are unlikely perfect. Please help contribute to the findings by doing your own, and sharing your results.

The only other dps changes for dks so far are gargoyle being free and benefitting from mastery.
And the 2-set being nerfed to 4%.

In 509 gear, simcraft currently has DKs ranked in the following order, single target.
DW: 118300
2-H: 117700
UH: 112600
FB: 113000

Spoiler

t14 509 gear with 5.2 changes:
DW: 119984
2-H: 119497
FB: 119270
UH: 117665

I think it's worth noting that if FB is the actual preffered playstyle of unholy, this has got to be the closest in damage 3 different "specs" have simmed to each other that I have ever seen, so good on Blizzard if that's the goal. Of course that ignores the gigantic mechanical difficulties Unholy has and the fact that FB can't effectively be used on some fights, but still.

#50 Usbeorn

Usbeorn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

With the (subject to change) buffs as well as T15, have the stat priorities changed for DW and 2h frost?

#51 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

With the (subject to change) buffs as well as T15, have the stat priorities changed for DW and 2h frost?

While we can do a lot with napkin math, the best place to get accurate stat values is from simulations. The simulations know much how damage every ability does and what the ability does, and they do your "rotation" a few thousand times to remove rng from the mix, then they add some mastery, do it another few thousand times, and get the value of each point of mastery. Then they do it again with every stat.

Anyway, the biggest and most well-known sim is Simulationcraft, or SimC. The team who built it is fantastic, and they work very fast, but the changes GC talked about have not even been implemented into the latest PTR build, and the program runs a build or two behind. You can find their release notes here.

Unless someone steps forward with another sim, we'll be waiting until all the changes are fully implemented before providing the new stat values.

#52 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I've discovered that, for some reason, the default DW* frost simcraft profile consistently does 180 more dps when RotFC is put on the mainhand, instead of the offhand. The reasons we've been putting RotFC on the offhand for years is that when a main-hand attack is dodged or parried, the offhand attack would still hit, and proc RotFC, giving it a higher uptime. This is reflected through a mirror in the sim, and RotFC on the mainhand gives a 73.3% uptime, compared to a 71.45% uptime in the offhand. I've run the profile in 50k iterations, twice, so 100k total.

This is either a bug in the sim, or in our thinking. Any ideas as to which?

Here is the profile used:

Spoiler

Here is what our resident frost guide has to say on the subject:

Q: Why is Rune of Razorice on the main hand and Rune of the Fallen Crusaderis on the off-hand for DW?
A: In most situations it won’t matter which enchant is on which weapon but when you are in the rare situations where you are attacking from the front and get parried only the main hand attack gets parried. The off hand attack will still hit and give a chance to proc Rune of the Fallen Crusader while Rune of Razorice would only provide a benefit in the off hand if the debuff was not yet at 5 stacks.

Edit: In-game testing with recount indicates that when a main-hand oblit or FS is parried, dodged, or missed, the offhand attack simply doesn't happen, it is not recording as being dodged, parried, or missed, simply not recorded at all. This indicates the above is false, pointing towards an error on our part. However, it does nothing to explain we RotFC in the mainhand would be a gain, as it indicates it would be equal. As such, I'm going to test out RotFC on the main-hand weapon in my raids this week, but the difference will likely be too small to notice.

I've submitted a bug report to the simcraft team, hopefully they can look at things from their end, but on our end, we should be testing RotFC uptime with main-hand and off-hand enchants.

Edit: The simcraft team have discovered why it leads to a dps increase, apparently soul reaper hits have a chance to proc MH weapon enchants, but not off-hand weapon enchants. If the reasoning behind getting parried is no longer true, which it appears to be, then it seems to be time to swap weapon enchant places.

#53 PapaBoss

PapaBoss

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

The simcraft team have discovered why it leads to a dps increase, apparently soul reaper hits have a chance to proc MH weapon enchants, but not off-hand weapon enchants. If the reasoning behind getting parried is no longer true, which it appears to be, then it seems to be time to swap weapon enchant places.

Kind of new here so this may be stating the obvious: ToT doesn't make the off hand hit if you use Soul Reaper. So only the MH hits while the off hand won't even swing when you use Soul Reaper. So it may be possible that we want to switch weapons from razorice mainhand, FC offhand, to FC mainland, razorice offhand when the target reaches sub-35% so that soul reaper will proc FC.

Edit: Currently on the IPad so I can't test this on SimC.

#54 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

So it may be possible that we want to switch weapons from razorice mainhand, FC offhand, to FC mainland, razorice offhand when the target reaches sub-35% so that soul reaper will proc FC.

Switching weapons incurs a global cooldown, so you're probably better off just starting out with the runeforges set up the way you want to finish the fight.

#55 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Considering the number of rppm trinkets available in 5.2, I've been looking into ways of gaming them.

Here is the rppm formula:
(rppm) * (1+highest haste value) * (time in seconds since last attack which has a chance of proccing, capped at 10) /60 = proc chance

On average, haste effects will scale lineally with rppm, for example a 10% haste boost with a 10% uptime would have a 1% total proc increase (.1*.1), while a 50% haste boost with a 20% uptime would have a 10% overall boost (.5*.2). However, the first attack you do every fight has a large multipler on the proc chance, which increases with haste. At 60 attacks per minute, the first attack has a 1000% chance, multiplied by haste and compared to the chance for every other attack, to proc the trinket. At 120 attacks per minute, you're looking at a 2000% chance, again multiplied by haste.

In short, the effect of haste on the rppm chance of the first attack you do each fight is multiplied by between 10 and 20. Possible ways to game this:
Old and outdated:
Spoiler

Base haste: 100%
425 haste rating per 1%
8500 haste rating = 20% haste
UP (unholy) = 20% haste
UP (frost/blood) = 10% haste
Icy talons (PTR) = 25% haste
Raid buff = 10% haste
UF = 20% haste
Lust = 30% haste
Berserking = 20% haste
Soul reaper effect = 50% haste
Lifeblood = 2880 haste rating
Kafa press = 4000 haste rating
Darkmist vortex = 8399 haste rating

Ignoring the last four because you can't get them at the start of a fight and still be optimal, Here is the max haste per spec:

Frost with 8500 haste rating, UP, icy talons, raid buff, UF, lust, and berserking = 1.2 * 1.1*1.25*1.1*1.2*1.3*1.2= 3.39768, or 340% haste.
Unholy with 8500 haste rating, UP, raid buff, UF, lust, and berserking = 1.2 * 1.2*1.1*1.2*1.3*1.2= 2.965248, or 297% haste.

Frost with 8500 haste rating, UP, icy talons, raid buff = 1.815 or 182% haste
Frost the above, and frost presence = 1.65 or 165% haste
Unholy with 8500 haste rating, UP, and raid buff = 1.584 or 158% haste

Unholy, having lust/UF popped immediately before first attack instead of after:
Example using feather trinket:
0.56 ppm *1.58 *10/60 = 14.7% (base chance)
0.56 ppm *1.896 *10/60= 17.7% (UF macroed into whatever your first hit is, to be activated before)
0.56 ppm *2.275 *10/60= 21.2% (UF/beserk before first hit)
0.56 ppm *2.958 *10/60= 27.6% (UF/beserk/lust before first hit)

Benefit: 12.9% of fights gets you a very powerful trinket proc at the start of the fight.
Loss: Some UF/serking and lust uptime, as they would be popped earlier than normal. Uptime would be downright lost, as runes are capped at the start of the fight, preventing the extra regen from being a benefit.

0.56 rppm
Looking at one second increments:
0.56 ppm *2.958 *10/60= 27.6% (UF/beserk/lust before first hit)
For the next 10 seconds, your haste remains at 2.958, assuming proper CD usage.
Over this time, there is another 2.76% chance for the trinket to proc, every second. Over a 10 second period, that is a 24.4% chance of proccing the trinket.
So, 45.3% chance of proccing in the first 10 seconds.

After this, you no longer have beserking. Your haste becomes 2.465.
For the next 10 seconds:
0.56 ppm *2.465 *10/60= 27.6% (UF/lust before first hit)
For the next 20 seconds, you have a 2.3% chance to proc the trinket per second. That is a total of 37.2% chance.

Which means, in the first 30 seconds combined, you have a 65.7% chance of proccing the feather trinket.

Frost, being in UP for the first hit of the fight:
I suggested taking spark and rage in my trinket analysis, so let's work with those.
3 rppm and 5 rppm.
Spark:
5 ppm *1.65 *10/60= 100% (FP)
5 ppm *1.815 *10/60= 100% (UP)

Guarantee on proc either way, let's try rage.

3 ppm *1.65 *10/60= 82.5% (FP)
3 ppm *1.815 *10/60= 90.7% (UP)

Benefit: 8.2% of fights gets you a somewhat powerful trinket proc at the start of the fight.
Loss: Swapping presences would cost 1 GCD, and 30% of your current runic, assuming glyphed for shifting presences. Assuming you open with army, your runes would look like UFD, and at t=0, you would be out of range of the boss. Assuming you open with outbreak/HB/oblit, and it takes 3 seconds to get into range, the GCD cost goes away. More testing needs to be done.

Trinket gaming:
Primordius’ Talisman of Rage – 3.00 RealPPM on landing harmful abilities and spells, and melee/ranged abilities and swings. No ICD.
Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 1538 Strength for 10 sec. This effect can stack up to 5 times.
How much haste would you need for that 7690 strength to have a 100% uptime? Or at least close?

3 rppm, lasts 10 seconds. At 6 ppm, (200% haste), you would have an average interval of 10 seconds between procs, but they would vary, some procs would happen 5 seconds after, and some 15. I'm no master of probability math, but it seems to me with an average interval of 5 seconds, the proc would nearly never fall off. That would require 400% haste, which is not achievable though.

If anyone has this trinket, or the feather trinket on the PTR, and is willing to do some testing with it, please PM me.

Edit: After some very helpful simming from Euliat, keeping this trinket up does not seem to be possible in current gear levels, even when taking gems, UF, lust, and fight-specific haste buffs into account.

Edit2: Did my own simming;
1736 str = 1 stack
3472 str = 2 stack
5208 str = 3 stack
6944 str = 4 stack
8680 str = 5 stack

Simwork:
At 8500 haste, with icy talons, and raid buff, DW, but no bloodlust or haste procs:

[TABLE]Pres | dps | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | total
UP | 136877 | 25.35% | 14.04% | 07.84% | 04.31% | 05.39% | 60.80%
FP | 163146 | 25.06% | 14.72% | 08.71% | 05.08% | 07.22% | 56.92%[/TABLE]

At 17000 haste:

UP | 161449 | 22.88% | 15.02% | 09.82% | 06.46% | 12.17% | 66.34%
FP | 180323 | 24.25% | 14.93% | 09.15% | 05.58% | 08.74% | 62.65%[/TABLE]

At 25500 haste:

UP | 186915 | 21.18% | 14.93% | 10.44% | 07.33% | 17.34% | 71.23%
FP | 196966 | 22.76% | 15.08% | 10.06% | 06.63% | 13.05% | 67.58%[/TABLE]

At 34000 haste:

UP | 211871 | 19.39% | 14.42% | 10.71% | 07.93% | 22.87% | 75.32%
FP | 213255 | 21.13% | 14.98% | 10.53% | 07.45% | 17.88% | 71.97%[/TABLE]

At 42500 haste:

UP | 233494 | 17.56% | 13.63% | 10.60% | 08.28% | 28.86% | 78.94%
FP | 229242 | 19.31% | 14.36% | 10.68% | 07.99% | 23.33% | 75.68%
[/TABLE]

Those are the haste levels needed to sustain the procs throughout the encounter.
Possible to obtain haste buffs, fully listed above, are lust, berserking, and UF.

((Haste rating /42500)+1)/(1.3(for lust)*1.2(for berserking)*1.2(for UF)) = haste %
((haste % -1)*100)*425 = haste rating needed with all 3 buffs up.
Take buffs in and out as needed.

Also re-examining the benefit of UP at high haste values in 5.2 gear as both 2hand and DW.
Below:

#56 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

How much haste would you need for UP to be better than FP?
(2-hand math)
Assuming RE for math
UP = 10% rune regen and attack speed
FP = 20% runic and FS cost 20 instead of 35

1 cycle is the time it takes to generate each rune 10 times (without unholy pres).

no pres cycle:
10 frost, 10 unholy, 10 death, 300 runic, 3.857 runes via T5, 38.571 runic
15 obliterates, 8.571 frost strikes, 1.928 oblits, 1.102 frost strikes, 7.617 rime procs, and let's say 5 HoW, for 50 more runic, which is 1.428 frost strikes,
All in all, about 17 obliterates, 11 frost strikes, 8 rime procs, and 5 HoW.
That's 41 GCDs, and I'd guess that cycle would take around 80 seconds.

frost pres cycle
10 frost, 10 unholy, 10 death, 410 runic, 9.225 runes via T5, 110.7 runic,
15 obliterates, 5 HoW, 20.5 frost strikes, 4.612 oblits, 5.535 frost strikes, 1.24 oblits, 1.5 frost strikes,
All in all, about 21 obliterates, 28 frost strikes, 9 rime procs, and 5 HoW.
That's 63 GCDs, and I'd guess that cycle would take around 80 seconds.

unholy pres cycle
11 frost, 11 unholy, 11 death, 380 runic,
16.5 oblits, 10.857 frost strikes, 2.442 oblits, 1.39 frost strikes,
Note: also contains 10% more auto-attack dmg and therefore KM procs.
All in all, about 19 obliterates, 12 frost strikes, 9 rime procs, and 5 HoW.
That's 45 GCDs, and I'd guess that cycle would take around 80 seconds.

The clear winner, with an 80 second cycle, is frost presence. But what if you have a 63 second cycle? (6.3 sec rune recharge rate) Then frost presence still wins, and is actually ideal, because you're perfectly GCD capped. However, as you'd be GCD capped, you wouldn't be able to game KM procs at all, or barley, and lucky rime/T5 procs would be wasting resources.

With frost pres, you ratio of oblits to frost strikes is .75 to 1, whereas for unholy presence, the ratio is 1.583 to 1.

(2-hand Simwork)
With haste at a value of 30250, unholy presence sims higher than frost presence for 2-hand frost.

((Haste rating /42500)+1)/(1.3(for lust)*1.2(for berserking)*1.2(for UF)) = haste %

Or, 13450 haste with lust active.
Or, 4150 haste with lust, and either UF *or* beserking
Or, -3650 haste with lust, UF, and beserking up.

(DW Simwork)
With haste at a value of 34500, unholy presence sims higher than frost presence for DW frost.

Or, 16750 haste with lust active.
Or, 6850 haste with lust, and either UF *or* beserking
Or, -1350 haste with lust, UF, and beserking up.

#57 huntcaudata

huntcaudata

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Some preliminary stat weights for 5.2 Unholy, based on a Pre-Lei Shen gearset (I feel this is a more accurate representation of when we'll actually be making decisions about gear anyway):

172,382 dps
Strength - 5.01
Haste - 2.93
Crit - 2.5
Mastery - 2.11

These are going to change a lot as profiles are refined and we get better gear lists, but probably not so much as to change the general ranking and scale, which implies Unholy should be gemming Haste in 5.2. (running the sim after doing this adds 500 dps to the above number)

The Festerblight profile is simming below the standard one using this profile (the profile in the OP updated for 5.2 with new Soul Reaper conditionals and improving the Festering Strike logic to only stack durations to 1/2 the time to die):
Spoiler

168,598 dps
Strength - 4.91
Haste - 2.85
Crit - 2.43
Mastery - 2.00

EDIT: I have tried a number of adjustments to this profile using Fabled Feather of Ji-kun and attempting to put up diseases when it is at high stacks. All of them do actually increase dps a little, but I have not found one that surpasses the regular Unholy profile.

On this topic - do y'all think it would be useful to have a separate thread in the DK forum regarding SimulationCraft? It seems to me there will be a lot of work to do to determine the right trinkets/weapons/spec/rotation given the peculiarities of gear in 5.2 and the relative new-ness of Festerblight.

#58 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

On this topic - do y'all think it would be useful to have a separate thread in the DK forum regarding SimulationCraft? It seems to me there will be a lot of work to do to determine the right trinkets/weapons/spec/rotation given the peculiarities of gear in 5.2 and the relative new-ness of Festerblight.

Normally thread necroing earns a poster a warning or infraction. But in this case it seems allowable. Here's the thread you're looking for:

http://elitistjerks....ould_have_used/

#59 Mendenbarr

Mendenbarr

• • Guide Author
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Update about loot in ToT:
Some of the items previously thought to be trash drops are in fact shared boss loot. This means they will have a heroic version (Hopefully)!

Confirmed shared boss loot:

In addition, the randomly itemized bracers have but a single secondary stat on them. They are still budgeted properly though, meaning one with mastery will be BiS by a fair margin for DW, and one with haste will be BiS by an even larger margin for 2-hand.

comes in hit/expertise/mastery/parry flavours
comes in hit/expertise/haste/mastery/crit flavours

Also, has received a stealth buff, up to 1600 str per stack, instead of the expected 1333.

I'll continue to update this post with relevant death knight item information.

#60 Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

A few preliminary results:
As DW frost, spending an hour on a target dummy just auto-attacking net me 19.9% uptime on Spark of Zandalar and 15.6% uptime on Fabled Feathers. I had ran another test but wasn't sure of the total time (somewhere over an hour) and had 19% uptime on Spark and 16.8% on Feathers.

For 2H, I got slightly higher uptime over the hour. 19.9% on Spark of Zandalar and 20.6% on Feathers.
For blood, I only ran a 30 minute test but had 22.2% on Spark and 23.5% on Feathers.

All of these were sitting at 6069 haste right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users