Photo

[Mists of Pandaria] Mage Simple Questions and Answers (Read the First Post)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Doroteasenjk

Doroteasenjk

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Do you have a source you can provide?

I should have said, "All my research ...". I was curious during beta after reading:

Arcane Brilliance: Mists of Pandaria mage glyph guide

and did several minutes of testing. From

Arcane Missiles | Lhivera’s Library

we can see a 30% proc rate of Arcane Missiles. Casting 180 AB with no other spells should yield 54 procs. That's what I got +/- 2 with and without the glyph.

It didn't occur to me to cast Slow by itself and see if it procced Arcane Missiles, as Slow is not, per se, a harmful spell. Is that what happened for you?

#22 Marvil

Marvil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Regarding the standard Arcane Rune of Power rotation, can anybody explain why all guides say that mastery is the way to go and nearly all mages stack mastery?

I've done quite a number of simcraft simulations of my mage and other mages with average item levels from 475 to over 500 using the standard Rune of Power action list. Haste always had higher scale factors than mastery, regardless of whether they were mastery build (nearly all) or haste build (they do exist).

There was only one mage where haste was not better but equal to mastery. It was a haste build mage with more than 11000 haste and mastery seemed to slowly take over.

Is there anything I'm missing?

#23 kalezaar

kalezaar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

I have a simple gear question. I'm a lvl 90 arcane mage and am trying to decide if it is worth replacing one trinket for another.
Keeping Relic of Yulon in place, I'm considering replacing LFR version of "ESSENCE OF TERROR" with the VP trink SHOCK CHARGER MEDALLION.

Quick stat breakdown (Int. 16,619)....(SP 25,622)....(hit 15 %)....haste(3349 7.88%)...crit (16.92%0 and Mast (48.08 %)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#24 Marvil

Marvil

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Essence of Terror has approximately 20% uptime on the Haste buff so that's 6121*0.2 = 1224 Haste (and 1021 Int).
If you use the Medallion on cooldown you have 25% uptime on the Int buff -> 3838*0.25 = 960 Int (and 1152 Haste)

Comparing these numbers, Essence of Terror gives you more Int and more Haste. If you go for Haste, it's not as good as EoT.

For the standard Mastery build you can reforge some of the Medallion's Haste to Mastery and then it's taking over. The Arcane guide at MMO-Champion's forums has a nice simcraft trinket chart for the Mastery build and in this chart, reforged Medallion is better than EoT LFR version.

You won't know for sure if you don't simulate it for your mage yourself though. In both cases they're pretty close and things can change with your current stat weights.

#25 Quattroroveri

Quattroroveri

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:26 PM

Is there any "accepted"breakpoint of crit to decide if switch from frost to fire?

What are your thoughts on Arcane both in patchwerk and skelter?

#26 Nandchan

Nandchan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Edit: Moved this to the more appropriate thread, as it's not exactly a simple question to answer.

#27 Ivanoize

Ivanoize

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

Is there any need of a macro forcing my water elemental to cast waterbolt? like he is not spell queuing his casts properly.

#28 rh8452

rh8452

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Water elemental in assist stance should not have casting issues, or at least won't have any more casting issues than it would have by macro'ing /petattack into frostbolt or whatever. Sometimes water elemental in assist stance will stop a cast and requeue if you are switching targets frequently or target something behind you.

#29 Dejah-Thoris

Dejah-Thoris

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

5.3 addresses the Water Elemental casting issue. From the patch notes:

The following summoned pets/totems will now chain cast their spells with no delay between casts, allowing them to cast their spells more frequently in the same amount of time.
Death Knight: Gargoyle
Druid: Force of Nature (Balance, Restoration), Mirror Image (Symbiosis)
Mage: Mirror Image, Water Elemental
Shaman: Searing Totem
Warlock: Doomguard, Terrorguard, Wild Imp

#30 Mopatop

Mopatop

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

In 5.3 the damage of Arcane Explosion has been increased by 40%. Does anyone know what the number-of-targets threshold for this spell over single target is now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users