Photo

Infraction for Millhousen: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Heef

Heef

Piston Honda

• Moderators
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

User: Millhousen
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

How is what you can imagine, or your unsubstantiated musing (where you admit you don't have enough knowledge to contribute), helpful? Give evidence, or don't pretend you have information. This is not how things work around here.

Original Post:

I am unsure if it matters or not. But when using Invocation, is it better to cast Evo right when the buff expires or when there are 5 seconds (roughly the evo channel time) left on it? Is it a DPS loss to cast Evo when you have 15 seconds left on the buff but there is 4-6 seconds of downtime? Would it matter using a global to recast a bomb, cast IB (with HU) or cast a Pyro! make a considerable difference before casting Evo?

These may sound like convoluted questions but any insight would be great.

Unless I am missing something, I can't imagine a scenario where refreshing with 5 seconds left would be worth more than the 3-4 casts under the buff you're giving up to refresh early.

Unless there is a scenario where losing that damage boost to your current dots is worth more than 3-4 casts, you would never want to rebuff it early. I'm not even certain how the buff affects those current dots, does dot damage, including combustion, actively change based on procs and such or are they determined at application time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users