Given that Adrenaline Rush is now off GCD, the macro could be expanded upon:
/cast Adrenaline Rush
/cast Shadow Blades
/cast Sinister Strike
There's a debate to be had on whether the risk of energy capping exceeds the risk of losing that CP if you're at 4-5 Anticipation stacks. However, given the nature of Restless Blades I find that you're likely to use AR at much fewer CPs, thus going a long way to diminish the risk, while maximizing use of GCDs.
The "/cast Sinister Strike" line will (sometimes) waste CP in a scenario, where you have three or more anticipation charges and use the macro(You kind of said that already). I often immediately use an offensive finisher after activating AR, so for maximum performance u'd probably also need macros with "/cast Eviscerate", "/cast Rupture" and "/cast Slice and Dice". With a hotkey configuration allowing the simultaneous use of SS/Evis/Rupture/SnD and the AR macro you shouldn't lose a GCD at all unless you're slow with button smashing.
I'm not sure about other rogues, but since i swapped all my gemming to maximise the haste amount on my gear, i sometimes have trouble(depends on energy restore procs) not to cap on energy while AR is up anyway, so i'd go for the variation of eliminating the risk of losing a CP.Given the nature of Restless Blades for me it's actually more likely to have more CPs when using AR and this is why:
- AR often readies due to restless blades after using a finisher.
- If this finisher was used outsight of deep insight, we usually have some anticipation converted to CP afterwards.
- So we are somewhere around 1-5 CP and 40+ energy after using this finisher, because of Relentless Strikes. Add another one of two SS/RvS to get low on energy before popping AR and we are around 3-9 CP.
- So with two SS/RvS used before popping AR we could end up wasting 1-2 CP with the macro and even more if we used more SS/RvS before due to energy restore procs.Some thoughts on the energy capping side:
- With my current gear(which is not too great) i got 28.23 energy reg per second and ~1.2s speed on both weapons when AR is active annd a 37,5% chance to trigger my mastery when raidbuffed.
- Using finishers with 5 CP grants 25 energy, so rupture and SnD "don't consume" energy with 5 CP and evis uses 10 energy.
- Our GCD while AR is active is 0.8s when glyphed.
- The proc chance of combat potency is 20% for main gauche and (20*OffhandWeaponSpeed/1.4)% for OH whitehits.(I use a 2.6 OH)Math with my stats:
MH white every 1.2s, MH yellow every 0.8s, OH white every 1.2s.
-> ~2.08 MH attacks per second, that can proc main gauche into combat potency. -> ~2.34 energy per second from MH attacks.
-> ~0.83 OH attacks per second, that can proc potency with a chance of ~37.14% -> ~4.62 energy per second from OH attacks. (This assumes no misses on OH whites, actual value would be 4.21 energy per second)
That's a sum of 28.23 + 2.34 + 4.62 = 35.19 energy per second.
With the RvS debuff(assume no new application during AR, but a 100% uptime of the debuff) and AR/SB active one SS gives 2.2 CP on average, so we can use a 5 CP finisher every ~2.27 GCDs worth of SS, which can be done in 1.816 seconds with the AR glyph. Adding the finisher on another 0.8s GCD we generated and used 5 CP over the course of 2.616 seconds for the cost of 88-98 energy(2.2 times SS and 0-10 for finishers). In this 2.616 seconds i regenerate 92 energy on average.
Adding server lag and human behaviour, i will most likely generate more energy than i can use up(on average), so with better gear it might be impossible to not overcap on energy anyway with AR active, so i'd probably just go for eliminating the risk of wasting CPs and thus not use such a macro.
One additional note: When BF is active, we won't cap and thus risking the loss of CPs should be avoided.