• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 Schmoopy

Schmoopy

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

The problem does not lie with ST low energy cost. If you made it cost more enegery it would just increase it's inefficiency. The problem lies with the inefficient use of GCDs.

Taking Athariel's scaling coefficients with 9000 average weapon dmg and 40000 AP SS hits for about 9.8k more damage than ST does. Account for those being within a moderate insight (20% increase in damage) that increases to 11.8k damage difference. So even accepting the math that ST cycle is an overall 19% dmg buff and normal cycle is 18% this is insufficient to make up for the large amount of damage lost from casting ST rather than SS.

None of this takes into account the chance to generate a second combo point with SS either.

#102 shadowboy813

shadowboy813

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

The problem does not lie with ST low energy cost. If you made it cost more enegery it would just increase it's inefficiency. The problem lies with the inefficient use of GCDs.

None of this takes into account the chance to generate a second combo point with SS either.

Rogue gameplay is not concerned about using GCDs. It's concerned about using energy. ST does more damage-per-energy than sinister strike (even with t14 2-set). It's just so cheap it leads to capping energy, and that's wasted energy.

The inefficient use of GCDs is exactly because of the low energy cost. If ST cost 50% more and did 50% more damage, it would retain its energy efficiency but the rotation would become energy-depleting and no longer be constrained by the GCD.

ST is more efficient for combo point generation than SS even if you consider the revealing strike proc (33.33... energy/cp for sinister strike, 20 energy/cp for ST).

#103 rozetta

rozetta

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

The problem is indeed capping energy, even in gear that isn't optimized for haste (when testing this, my gear was gemmed and reforged for mastery). This probably works better under BF, even though ST isn't copied to other targets, but Anticipation is most likely more flexible for most fights.

#104 Hiddendagger

Hiddendagger

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

With shadow focus reducing energy cost by 75% now instead of 100 is it still worth having specced still or should we consider the nightstalker talent?

#105 SleepySlug

SleepySlug

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

With shadow focus reducing energy cost by 75% now instead of 100 is it still worth having specced still or should we consider the nightstalker talent?

75% is still quite potent. It still essentially makes abilities used in stealth free when you factor in energy regen during the GCD.

#106 Tytyl

Tytyl

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Hi, some questions in regard of 5.2 Combat :

- Shadowcraft tells me to equip a dagger in OH, is it correct? Since the difference between fist/dagger and fist/fist in 5.0 wasn't even 1% I guess it's possible.

- Is it mastery > haste? When testing with Shadowcraft, I've better results in mastery with Twins' Fist weapon + Iron Qon's dagger than in haste gemming with Megaera's dagger + Council's Axe (I used the weapons that SC says are the best). After a few tests, I had a parsing error preventing me to go further...
If this statement is correct, I assume that we have to regem in Agi/mastery like Assassination spec?

Btw Simcraft is showing Twins' Fist weapon + Flickering Dagger (can't even find this weapon) and haste gemming. So what? :-/

#107 Hiddendagger

Hiddendagger

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

What are the statweights for 522 ilvl? Seeing that the guide hasnt been updated since november i thought they might have changed since.

#108 snowman2050

snowman2050

Franky says Relax!

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationHarrogate, UK

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

Considering Kirt hasn't been active in game since December, I would imagine it is safe to assume there wont be any update on this guide, may I suggest someone contacts Aldriana to take over and maintain this thread.

No Longer playing WoW - But feel free to find and join me over at http://www.talkgeek.net/

US & EU gaming community.

//Niknaks

#109 Riokou

Riokou

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Considering Kirt hasn't been active in game since December, I would imagine it is safe to assume there wont be any update on this guide, may I suggest someone contacts Aldriana to take over and maintain this thread.

Just reiterating this point. Something needs to be done about this post!

#110 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

If someone wants to start a new thread, PM me before Monday, otherwise I'll have one for next week's raid lockout.

#111 Moritsume

Moritsume

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

New hotfix regarding Blade Flurry went out today.

Rogue

Combat
Blade Flurry now has a range of 8 yards, up from 5 yards, and will only hit targets that are within the Rogue's line-of-sight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users