Photo

Warning for Arktem: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

User: Arktem
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

We welcome dissenting opinions here but please provide some reasoning or numbers behind them. Saying "this is a DPS loss" with nothing more, isn't generally constructive. Thanks.

Original Post:

First thing we need to establish is that focuscapping is not a loss of dps, and the only way to avoid focuscapping in the first ~25 seconds on a standard fight (not saving readiness for later) is suboptimal use of gcds.

You want to pop off BW before stampede, because your priority in the beginning of a fight is dictated by which cooldowns get reset by readiness, and pop them first, then readiness, then you pop cooldowns dependant on priority. After a readiness you use abilities with the shortest non-zero cooldown first, so KC, GT, DB, Stampede, then you use AS untill the first BW/RF runs out. It is more effecient to extedn SrS with 1 or 2 CoS between the first to BWs than to immediatelty pop them. The more focus you come out of the second BW with, the more damage you can pump out after it ends.

CoS to refresh is more damage than SrS to reapply, and you have to remember that if you let SrS drop off its not an AS to CoS comparison you have to make, but an SrS to AS comparison, including focus cost, and if you prop up the rolling SrS during RF (which you should, as RF is longer than BW) it is only 1 AS that is pushed if you use 1 CoS, and 2 if you use 2, at which point you would have pushed/replaced those AS anyway, you would just have done it later in the fight.

I'm trying to understand your reasoning behind this, but I simply can't. Your opening rotation would be a very heavy DPS loss due to losing much of your Prepot on your opener. By delaying those larger cooldowns until after you have done your Readiness opener, many of your major cooldowns will lose not only Trinket procs, but your Prepot as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users