Photo

Infraction for Balbus: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Heef

Heef

Piston Honda

• Moderators
  • 272 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

User: Balbus
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Everyone's stat weights and EP are different, and depend on their gear - why do you think anyone is interested in your musings about yours in particular? Also, why would anyone possibly care what life would be like without the 5% INT bonus? It exists, so we do all of our calculations with it. Are you certain that the stat weights that were calculated for you didn't already take the Wizardry bonus into account? (Hint: I doubt it.)

Original Post:

Don't forget that mages get +5% Int, and only Int, making an Int/secondary hybrid still a little better than a straight secondary (unless you really need the hit/expertise to reach hit cap).

Actually Crit sims to me for normalized 0.51.

Without those 5% id prefer flat Crit gems. Taking the Int from Wizardry into account, Id prefer flat secondary from 0.525 on.

So the value of a Potent Vermilion Onyx for me is 80 x 1.05 (wizardry) + 160 x 0.51 = 165.6

A Brilliant Primordial Ruby would net 160 x 1.05 = 168 for my current gear.

Unlike previous expansions, in MoP it appears that the best DPS outcome is to gem with hybrids in all sockets, as the secondary stats on gems are now double that of primary stats. Another option is to gem straight secondary stats, especially as your gear gets better, given that the value of crit increases as gear gets better. It is strongly recommended that you run your own sims to determine the best gemming options for your gear.

Seeing this I'd prefer pure Int.

Unless my thoughts werent totally wrong, it might be worth mentioning, that gemming pure Int is better up to a special point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users