Photo

Warning for Halens: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

User: Halens
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

If you think there is an error in the modeling tool, feel free to contribute. Just saying "the sim is inaccurate" isn't helpful to anyone.

Original Post:

No, I'm not telling you that. But with personal experience you need multiple iterations, and test every possible rotation to conclude something, not only 1 rotation. That's why simulators are needed when they are perfected as you'll never have 1000 Elegon logs with the same gear for each possible rotation. Is like I eat a couple pears and I post that the pear is the sweetest fruit ever. Maybe it is, but few will believe me.

And as Littch says, Gara'kal is a best rotation test anyway.

My issue with sims is they are highly in accurate. You take a simulated event and you try to base your performance off of that when these encounters are dynamic. Yes it's a controlled environment however, you're trusting a guy ( in this case guys ) to accurate code, calculate and understand mechanics and not make any mistakes. If you're theorizing based on inaccurate information exactly how are you right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users