• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#21 Boarson

Boarson

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hi guys , good to see SC regaining some vitality ;)

Is it a valid approach to use stat weights resulting of shadowcraft , and use them in askmrrobot ?
If it is : what value to use for MH Speed, OH Speed.... and is the physical hit corresponding to "yellow hit" ? (i guess it depends on my gear but...)

I know all speeds are normalized.... but as mrrobot ask for them , i'm unsure they are taken into account the right way.

(sorry English is not my native language)

#22 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hi there!

Want to give some more information:

Random items from scenarios are now included and can be loaded. Most of them are already imported due to users wearing them. The WoWhead tooltips are sometimes wrong, but in shadowcraft are the correct numbers, so the value of those items is correct.

Optimize Gems should now work much better, including the Jewelcrafter gems. There are some conditions where it's possible that it gems not optimal, e.g. for the Tomb Raiders Girdle it's possible that not the suggestion is the best option in combination with reforges. That propably because the socketbonus is 120 expertise. I havn't tested the Engineering helm much, so it's possible that other gems than the suggested ones are better.

Reforging is now working. Many many thanks to Tini who made an excellent job getting the reforge service up to date and working. I can say that it needed a lot of testing because there are other circumstances than in cata.

Please note that engineering is actually overvalued due to wrong numbers in the engine. It's set to 2880 but it's only 1920.

#23 Mosà ah

Mosà ah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

Good morning all,

I was hoping to get some suggestions regarding the Spreadsheet. I am unable to pull up my characters information. I receive the previously noted "A fatal error occured while loading this page". Curious enough though I can bring up a friends profile but my character does not come up. I am running Chrome as my browser. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Only issue I can come up with is that my character's name has the alternate "�*" (alt 161 to create) in Mosiah and not the normal "i".

Thank you.

#24 Haileaus

Haileaus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Sub seems a bit odd. its showing dps being significantly greater than combat with same gear/reforges but with an equal-ilvl dagger in the MH instead of a slow wep. Also EP of crit being quite high enough to cause suspicion, as there seems no reason why it would be so much more valuable for sub than for either of the two other specs. Then again I could be missing something.

#25 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

I can't really determine any conclusions based on two 3min samples of Sub. I have noticed that there's a tendency towards crit in SimC/Shadowcraft, but the only thing I can think would cause that isn't that crit is good, but that haste is worse than before, and mastery wasn't buffed enough.

If there are (several) Gara'jal logs you think are good, I can study them to try and find any mistakes I made in the backend, otherwise I just don't have enough data to diagnose any issues in the system.

Combat is losing track of a few CP's due to stacking AR/SB. This results in lost eviscerate damage, and lost AR/SB uptime. That said, it should have little impact on EP weights, and it's almost fixed.

#26 Mayunia

Mayunia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Hello everyone, good job on bringing back Shadowcraft.

I want to report a bug, using Mayunia @ Maelstrom - US - Shadowcraft

I loaded my char into Shadowcraft and then play a little with reforges, got an from normal 10 man last night but the page crashed while I tried to refresh from armory.

Researching a little I see there is no normal version on wowhead yet so probably that´s where the problem is because raid finder version shows without problem, however I can´t get back my char from this error:

"An unrecoverable error has occurred. Reset data and reload?"

even when I remove the chest from my toon in game, already clear all cookies and even try in a different navigator (currently using Firefox and switch to Chrome too) but no luck.

#27 Haileaus

Haileaus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

If there are (several) Gara'jal logs you think are good, I can study them to try and find any mistakes I made in the backend, otherwise I just don't have enough data to diagnose any issues in the system.

I was thinking I might just make some logs. Unfortunately the best weps I have for subtlety are a heroic 5-man dagger and the fist from the first part of LFR, so I was thinking I wouldn't do any tests until I get a second MoP dagger.

#28 Litvan

Litvan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Love to see SC gettin back into shape!

One question though.
Expertise for assassination, for some reason SC reforges my items Litvan @ Stormrage EU to only have 1625 exp rating, and that can't be quite right. I was under the assumption that the rule of thumb was to stay in the range of 2550, leaving me well short.

With that kind of difference from SC to what most other places says, can I actually use the EP weights from SC in eg. askmrrobot at all?

#29 Aldriana

Aldriana

Mike Tyson

• Moderators
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

You can use the EP anywhere you want. However, the reforging you're seeing is caused by the EP weights - for most Assassination gearsets, Mastery is more valuable than Expertise, so at current gear levels you will tend to cap Expertise only if a significant portion of your gear has mastery on it already.

#30 Litvan

Litvan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

So since most of my gear has +exp it recommends mastery, completely disregarding the exp cap for a boss to dodge an attack? (sorry for a "nub" question, but if it does that makes little sense to me that it'd disregard the exp cap)

#31 Mosà ah

Mosà ah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Good morning all,

I was hoping to get some suggestions regarding the Spreadsheet. I am unable to pull up my characters information. I receive the previously noted "A fatal error occured while loading this page". Curious enough though I can bring up a friends profile but my character does not come up. I am running Chrome as my browser. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Only issue I can come up with is that my character's name has the alternate "�*" (alt 161 to create) in Mosiah and not the normal "i".

Thank you.

Not sure what is different today but thankfully it is up and running again with my character. Thank you to whomever corrected.

#32 Honzu

Honzu

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

So since most of my gear has +exp it recommends mastery, completely disregarding the exp cap for a boss to dodge an attack? (sorry for a "nub" question, but if it does that makes little sense to me that it'd disregard the exp cap)

The EP weights are a calculation of the relative DPS increase per stat. So, for Assassination, the increase in poison damage from mastery is a greater DPS increase per stat than the damage lost from a lack of expertise (being dodged). Aldriana's comment about mastery heavy gear meant, that with the weights that Shadowcraft produces, and thereby theoretically the highest DPS, the only time you would expertise cap would be if a lot of your gear pieces naturally had mastery on them (which would mean the next most valuable stat to reforge to would be expertise).

Essentially, for Assassination, expertise is just less valuable for DPS than mastery.

#33 Litvan

Litvan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

Ok, thanks for pointing that out. I was just a little worried that due to the 2.xx% (it left me around 900 below cap) dodge the boss had that the added dmg from poisons might not make up for the boss laughing at me.

#34 Spoonwoman

Spoonwoman

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Good evening, first of thanks for updating this all and the work you've spent on it. Secondly, I found a small bug in the UI, whenever you click a datapoint on DPS graph to go to that reforge/gear/specc/etc it resets your Opener Usage to the default("Always"), obviously a very minor issue just thought I'd let you know.

#35 Haileaus

Haileaus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

How well does SC optimize the use of Anticipation? Specifically for subtlety, saving finishers for buffed portions of fights would definitely affect mastery.

#36 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Very, very little at the moment.

#37 Muzeee

Muzeee

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

Does Shadowcraft model the set bonuses for tier 14 correctly? For me it shows that swapping the heroic legs from Stone Guards with the 483 LFR Legs, thus granting me the 2set bonus, would be a +400 dps gain for Assasination and even more for Combat.

#38 bi0bi0

bi0bi0

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

How accurate is the Blade Flurry Option ?

Its logical that Mastery gets stronger with Bf on but for me Mastery Gems deals Haste (and Agi) Gems out

Agility2.723
Mastery Rating1.577
Haste Rating1.516

#39 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 341 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

When I wrote that I forgot that we switched from separate attacks to merged breakdowns (mh_autoattack_hits and oh_autoattack_hits to just autoattacks). So it's actually missing autoattack and shadow_blades damage in Aldriana's repo (which is what Shadowcraft is running). Haste is still better during BF, but it does drop a little relatively.

I fixed it in dazer's repo, but that probably won't get merged until I figure something else out first.

#40 Nouk

Nouk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

Im honestly confused right now: whenever i change a Reforge, my whole Stats Weights shift in my Subtlety Spec. This doesn't happen with my Combat Spec. So when i go for a Haste-Heavy Setup, Shadowcraft tells me Crit is strongest...when i go for Crit, it tells me Haste is strongest. What's up with that? For now, i removed every Reforge and followed the Stat Weights from there. Damn, i need to learn Simcrafting soon...

On a second note, as i wrote in the Subtlety Thread: why does ST provide Sublety a 5k DPS Boost over ATCP?

edit: i think ST is the culprit here. Changed it, and got nearly the same results as Pathal in the Subtlety Thread. How does SC simulate ST?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users