• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#501 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I just pulled the newest changes to the engine. Shadowcraft is now up-to-date and Subtlety is working again.

#502 Ech1zen

Ech1zen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Is there some kind of error, as I'm getting more than 35k dps when switch to sub from assasination although sub was about 7k below before new changes. Did things really change so drastically? Or there is some kind of bug regarding sub's damage? I know sub was buffed for ~8% and assa nerfed by ~4% but it's still hard to believe in such a big difference.

PS: And one more question. Was this change implemented on live? A tooltip didnt get changed so i cant confirm it myself.

UPD:Well is i thought it seems changes are not implemented yet. Although it was hotfix damage buff from SV is still 25%.

#503 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Shadowcraft also relies on raid level CP generation through HAT by default.

#504 Dominelton

Dominelton

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hey guys.

I was taking a look at ShC searching for a "BiS" gear for normal mode (all upgraded). I could not equalize all secondary stats to be 100% sure, but I got close enough to take some numbers. First lets link the ShC reforges I reached (I know it's early to think of "BiS" gear, just trying to help and be helped):

Dominelton @ Azralon-US - ShadowCraft

As on the link above, considering mastery as the lowest secondary status and that crit and haste weights are a bit above mastery, i got for 1 mastery = 1.33 crit = 2 haste, or, if you prefer 1 haste = 0.66 crit = 0.5 mastery.

My first question is: why haste so high? I mean, I know that haste does not affect RPPM trinkets (or I missunderstud previous info), but does affect legendary meta-gem and legendary cloak procs. Are they so powerful enough to give those numbers (if I'm right on my first statement)?

Following the order, I know critical have now a higher weight because of the 16t 2pc bonus, but it is higher than mastery (a flat bonus damage). Plus, having high haste + t16 2pc bonus (reducing energy cost) + medium to high movement during bosses or switching targets (its a little downtime, i know), will not trigger energy cap a lot more?

Next question is: Have someone tried to use 1 mastery = 1 haste = 1 crit or other combination just for testing purposes on live raid?

And last question (and most important): How can I help you guys with ShC? It's been a long time I use it as base for my reforges and now it's time to "payback". =)

Edit: If my english looks bad send me a pm pointing it out, so I can do it better.

#505 Mechakisc

Mechakisc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFallon NV

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

seems to be missing from Shadowcraft? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Edit2: is in the list; both drop from Ordos.

Edited by Mechakisc, 26 October 2013 - 06:00 AM.

Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love.

#506 Aslice

Aslice

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

The Wrap isn't missing - I have it equipped.

Not sure why it wouldn't show up for you once it is in the DB ...

#507 bedno

bedno

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Hello, I have a question regarding stat priority in shadowcraft. When I import my build from armory, it wants me to reforge to crit instead of mastery, although in stat priority it shows, that mastery is way above crit. That is for subtlety spec. So i hit reforge button again and it shifts reforges again, but for a dps loss. Also the stat priority shifts again and now it shows crit is a little bit higher than mastery. Can you help me with that please?

#508 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Since I transferred my character (from Garrosh-eu to Thrall-eu) I can't import him in Shadowcraft anymore.

I get the loading screen, then everything just turns black. No error information or anything. I can still import him when I say the realm destination is Garrosh-EU, but only with his outdated equipment.

At first I thought it could be because the armory didn't update it, but it's been 3 days now and even the armory changed his server location to Thrall-EU after a few hours.

#509 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

Please try:

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu/thrall/CHARACTERNAME/refresh

Where CHARACTERNAME is the name of your Character.

#510 Simply

Simply

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Please try:

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu/thrall/CHARACTERNAME/refresh

Where CHARACTERNAME is the name of your Character.

Thank you, this fixed it.

#511 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

If anyone thinks they will need the raw engine code in the future, I would make sure you have the current 5.3 code sometime soon ( https://github.com/d...dowCraft-Engine -- latest commit: 1eb1dafe45acc86e357949757a5f37c64f9a1531 ). I have a few ideas on how to clean up the code and quicken computation time, and I would like to be able to make commits while I'm breaking things apart and rebuilding them.

Once I start, Shadowcraft probably won't be stable until 6.0 approaches.

Edited by Pathal, 10 November 2013 - 02:25 AM.

#512 Ayliex

Ayliex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

Why not make a branch for it and keep master stable (and also ready to accept fixes if they're needed for MoP version)? Or the other way around, make a branch for MoP version and continue developing in master. Just my 3 cents.

#513 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

I could, but really it's just an issue of laziness and simplicity.

My interest in working on Mists modeling has waned so much, and I'd rather let anyone curious in following what changes will be made to easily see them without having to jump between branches.

#514 Jarush

Jarush

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:52 AM

I kindly ask you to reconsider this. Most of the rogues are still progressing and it's a last tier of the expansion which is usually the most important tier for most of the raiders. Shadowcraft is the most important tool for rogues to optimize their gear and it would be a very sad thing if we ain't able to use it while still progressing. Another thing is that expansion is probably nearly a year away and there really ain't much information out yet so is there really so big need to rush? Shadowcraft is meant to help in progression and it doesn't feel right to break it when majority of rogues are still progressing.

#515 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

Perhaps I should clarify what the raw engine code actually is, for those who haven't followed it quite as deeply.

If you've ever downloaded the source code from https://github.com/d...dowCraft-Engine and ran the engine using that, you've used the raw engine. If you're using shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com, it will continue to operate just as it has. Shadowcraft at mmo-mumble uses a cached engine, and it isn't changed until Indz grabs any updates if he feels they're ready. I could commit a change tonight that would break Shadowcraft, and the website would behave as if nothing happened because it's still using the software that it had yesterday. Me committing experimental patches would only affect the tiny number of users that like to tinker with the backend and see how things work, and for some reason haven't grabbed it already for 5.4.

I'll delay commits until sometime early next year if that comforts anyone worrying still, but I don't think this will have a big impact. I'm working on engine structure changes, not 6.0 changes right now.

#516 Jarush

Jarush

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Perhaps I should clarify what the raw engine code actually is, for those who haven't followed it quite as deeply.

If you've ever downloaded the source code from https://github.com/d...dowCraft-Engine and ran the engine using that, you've used the raw engine. If you're using shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com, it will continue to operate just as it has. Shadowcraft at mmo-mumble uses a cached engine, and it isn't changed until Indz grabs any updates if he feels they're ready. I could commit a change tonight that would break Shadowcraft, and the website would behave as if nothing happened because it's still using the software that it had yesterday. Me committing experimental patches would only affect the tiny number of users that like to tinker with the backend and see how things work, and for some reason haven't grabbed it already for 5.4.

I'll delay commits until sometime early next year if that comforts anyone worrying still, but I don't think this will have a big impact. I'm working on engine structure changes, not 6.0 changes right now.

Thanks for the clarification. I actually know what raw engine is, but when you said Shadowcraft won't be stable until 6.0 I thought you meant web version also. So nevermind then and thanks to you for your hard work for rogue community!

Edited by Jarush, 11 November 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#517 timwoj

timwoj

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:42 AM

I don't know git well (other repos, but not git), but can you tag releases in git?  So you could tag the 5.4 release with something, and whenever someone wants a "working" version they could refer to that?  Then you could continue doing whatever and people would be able to still get the working version.

#518 Neshama

Neshama

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi

I have small issue bothering me after using Auto-Reforge All option.

Right now I’m in Assassination spec. I know that best stats priority are Mastery - Haste - Critical Strike.

However after using Auto-Reforge All option shadowcraft is reforging everything to Critical Strike. What’s more after using Auto-Reforge once more it changes from Crits to Mastery?

Same thing is happening with Optimize Gems - its regaming my sockets with 80Agi + 160Crit.

Is it working as intended or it’s better to go to Advance options and Force Priority to Master- Haste - Critcal Strike?

#519 Ondersjaak

Ondersjaak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

This has been mentioned many times before, but I'll go ahead and clarify anyway. When you click the reforge or optimize gems buttons in ShadowCraft, it assumes the stat values that are currently shown. This usually gives you a good result. However, when the values of two stats are very close to each other, it does not account for the fact that by moving some of your points into the other stat, the balance shifts, making the first stat better again. In other words, there is a sweet spot where the value of both stats will be equal, but ShadowCraft does not have a feature (yet?) that allows you to find this sweet spot. On the contrary, ShadowCraft will swing back and forth between two extremes of going fully into one stat or fully into the other.

In your case, you should not force a stat priority unless you insist on having a certain level of haste or crit at the cost of theoretical DPS. Instead, you should replace your gems one by one until the values of Mastery and Crit are as close together as possible for the best results.

#520 Twoboxer

Twoboxer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'd (sort of) second Onders' advice, but change the method. Hit autoreforge, then manually reforge one piece from whatever your new lowest stat is into the highest stat. The first couple of times you'll get an increase in dps, and then at some point the ranking of your stats will change. Continue, using the new stat priorities. Eventually the dps changes will get far too small to matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users