• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#521 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:04 AM

Eventually the dps changes will get far too small to matter.

As far as I am concerned, they are too small to matter from the beginning (as Assassination). I currently base my reforge on playstyle choices, since different reforges within 0.5% DPS of each other can lead to dramatically different playstyles.

#522 Pjaddnave

Pjaddnave

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:56 PM

I have a question about Shadowcraft. Under settings there is an option for response time. How do i configure this one?

For example, i almost always have 40/40 ms /home world, does this make so i can change the number 0.5?

#523 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Response Time is a reaction delay for major abilities like Vendetta, AR+SB, etc. It's more dependent on user awareness, and gives the ability for end users to fudge encounter mechanics into the calculations.

The Latency setting is dependent on server ping, as well as user reaction time. It's used for the small GCD to GCD calculations. At this time, micro latency is only accounted for in the combat code. This is best set after analyzing combat logs to detect the gaps between actions during AR+SB. If you have a gap of 0.95s (.8+.15) without the t15 4pc, you should set the latency to 0.15.

#524 Pjaddnave

Pjaddnave

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

Thanks Pathal. Does that mean that Mutilate rogues dont have to take this in consideration?

#525 Icerslair

Icerslair

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:16 AM

i dont how close shadowcraft and ask mr robot are but the eason why i am asking is i am under a dilema where i dont know what option to utilize as each site scores differently.

I have 2 piece tier set atm flex hands and shoulders. I have also currently 535 timeless chest and 553+8 legs. With this ask mr robot shows my 'levels' lower then wearing my lower levelled other 2 tier pieces. When i put my 528 tier chest and 540 legs to have the 4 piece tier set i get lower dps on shadow craft but higher rating on ask mr robot.

My Q) is it better to roll the lower gear with the 4 set tier, or keep the 2 set tier and run the higher ilv chest and legs till i get them both on at least flex level tier set?

#526 Wally1169

Wally1169

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:06 PM

i dont how close shadowcraft and ask mr robot are but the eason why i am asking is i am under a dilema where i dont know what option to utilize as each site scores differently.

I have 2 piece tier set atm flex hands and shoulders. I have also currently 535 timeless chest and 553+8 legs. With this ask mr robot shows my 'levels' lower then wearing my lower levelled other 2 tier pieces. When i put my 528 tier chest and 540 legs to have the 4 piece tier set i get lower dps on shadow craft but higher rating on ask mr robot.

My Q) is it better to roll the lower gear with the 4 set tier, or keep the 2 set tier and run the higher ilv chest and legs till i get them both on at least flex level tier set?

Shadowcraft is a tool to calculate EP values, not necessarily DPS (meaning that the DPS estimate may not be 100% correct).  Whereas AMR is a tool that takes static EP values and calculates DPS but defaults to a "pre-set" set of values for each class-spec.  So, once you put the gear in the way you want it in SC (including running the Reforger), then take the EP values from SC and enter them into AMR's custom entry.  I can't speak which gear set would be best, but the DPS calculations for both systems should be within a few hundred DPS of each other for each gear set (or, at least, it has been for me this entire expansion).  If SC toggles between 2 reforge suggestions, AMR is usually somewhere in between as far as calculated DPS goes.

Edited by Wally1169, 03 January 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#527 Palanuial

Palanuial

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

I'd wager the difference in relative value of the two gearsets between AMR and SC is down to the set-bonus.

AMR optimizes gear based on stat and trinket weights. It gets those weights from tools like shadowcraft. But the weights in AMR are the same for every rogue unless you manually change them; presumably by exporting them from SC. That doesn't work so well with set-bonuses.

#528 flyleafwow

flyleafwow

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hi all,

I was just wondering, is it possible to access shadowcraft via mobilephone?

I tried various browsers (chrome, Firefox, opera) on my phone but it won't work. Scrolling isn't possible and it doesn't load the character page after entering the name. It's an android phone.

Did anyone try this successfully?

#529 Wally1169

Wally1169

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Hi all,

I was just wondering, is it possible to access shadowcraft via mobilephone?

I tried various browsers (chrome, Firefox, opera) on my phone but it won't work. Scrolling isn't possible and it doesn't load the character page after entering the name. It's an android phone.

Did anyone try this successfully?

It's optimized for larger screen resolutions, so it doesn't allow for scrolling or scaling, really.  It doesn't work on iPhone either.

#530 Wally1169

Wally1169

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:12 AM

I can't remember the email addresses posted on the site, so I'm posting here.  Shadowcraft is apparently down - Internal Server Error (500).

#531 Drazz

Drazz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

same as above, was now downloading the souce code and was gonna try and build it..I dont know Ruby though, just C\C++..

Oh well I just grabbed the source onto my SVN.. Will take a look at it and see if I can get it going.lol

#532 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

As soon as I catch Chris, the server will be back online. Sorry about that.

#533 Drazz

Drazz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

thanks Indz.. I got distracted and didnt look at the code yet, I did pull it to my svn though.. I still will look at it just for curiousitys sake.:)

#534 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

ShadowCraft is back online. Have fun!

#535 corchlan

corchlan

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

I find Auto-Reforge All to be somewhat unstable, particularly in combination with Optimize Gems.

If I auto-reforge, then do it again, it changes its recommendations--sometimes in a way that makes DPS go down! If I combine this with optimizing gems, each reforge recommendation has a different set of recommended gems, so I end up with four different results from the engine. The total difference in DPS is usually in the 100-200 range.

I think this started for me a month or two ago. Is it due to some new piece of gear I got? Is it a new bug?

Here's a screenshot of what the DPS graph looks like after a few rounds of this.

Attached File  dps graph.png   11.9KB   0 downloads

#536 Twoboxer

Twoboxer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

Shadowcraft reforges based on the ranking of your stats just before you press reforge. If the ranking changes as a result of the reforge, and you reforge again, the results will be different.

I usually choose the higher of the reforgings, and then manually reforge one piece at a time to the new best stat until the other stat(s) begin to approach it in value. DPS climbs slowly each time and I've gotten as close to max DPS as matters.

#537 Drazz

Drazz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

SC is not working again :( the back end ifailing to load, I tried severla browsers and none worked, al lsamea error..:(

#538 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Should be running again.

#539 Drazz

Drazz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Thanks Indz :) You are a star!

#540 jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Since 2haste>1agi with combat, I want to know how to add 160exp160haste gem in ShC.

I think it may better than 80agi160haste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users