• This topic is locked This topic is locked
581 replies to this topic

#541 Wally1169

Wally1169

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Since 2haste>1agi with combat, I want to know how to add 160exp160haste gem in ShC.

I think it may better than 80agi160haste.

For that to make sense 2exp would need to be > 1agi... is it?

#542 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

It doesn't make any sense to begin with. You can get that expertise from reforging, you can't increase your agi from that. So you have to measure whether or not 2x the lowest secondary stat is greater than agi.

I may indeed be wrong. Not completely sold on the idea, but it's reasonable.

Edited by Pathal, 16 February 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#543 jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:55 AM

It doesn't make any sense to begin with. You can get that expertise from reforging, you can't increase your agi from that. So you have to measure whether or not 2x the lowest secondary stat is greater than agi.

For instance,if i need to reforge 320cri→320exp to get enough expertise.

Reforge case:I reforge 320cri to 320exp

-320cri

+320exp

--------------

-320*1.43+320*3.63=704

Change gem case:I replace 80agi160haste*2 to 160exp160haste and I reforge 320cri to 320 haste

-160agi

+320exp

-320cri

+320haste

---------------------

-160*2.95+320*3.63-320*1.43+320*1.59=740.8

The EP values are get from http://forums.elitis...ot-dead-yet-r86

#544 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:44 AM

Adding support of some weird gems to Shadowcraft would be useful, for example, in the following scenario:

1) main spec Combat, secondary spec Sub

2) gear sets only differ in weapon slots

3) want to keep reforging optimized for Combat (so that there's no need to reforge mid-raid), but want to do some fights as Sub

4) if keep reforging the same for everything but weapons, Exp turns out to be undercapped.

As a result, I want to put a Exp/Crit gem in my Sub weapon. I know it's suboptimal, but main spec needs take preference.

It's not very hard to calculate approximate gains and losses based on current weights that Shadowcraft shows, but of course it would be simpler if Shadowrcaft just had those gems.

#545 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Expertise gems are in the database. So if you import a character with expertise gems those will show up, but are never recommended.

There are two places where expertise gems can be recommended. 

1. Optimize Gems
  2. Gem List when clicked on a specific gem

In the first case it is restricted because expertise gems will make your gem suggestions even more worse than it is today. So I can't make any changes there.

In the second case it's mostly because if I display expertise gems, those will always be displayed as the best if you are under the expertise cap. Just in very special cases as stated above it makes sense to use expertise gems instead of reforging into expertise.

I can add an option under the Advanced Tab which let you decide if you want to see expertise gems.

#546 jerrysimon

jerrysimon

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:35 AM

Add an option is great ,thank you for what you are doing.

#547 cjo20

cjo20

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

The gear lists seem to only list my currently equipped item when I click on a slot, looks like it isn't pulling a gear list from somewhere. 

#548 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

please try: clear your browser cache or test another browser, click the cogwheel and clear all saved data

If that's not helping please give me your region, realm and character name.

#549 cjo20

cjo20

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

please try: clear your browser cache or test another browser, click the cogwheel and clear all saved data

If that's not helping please give me your region, realm and character name.

Clear all saved data fixed it. Thanks.

#550 Destarah

Destarah

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

3 items to mention

1) Same issue with armory not refreshing, tried with IE11 and Firefox. Clear all saved data doesn't help. (windows 8.1 pro 64)

US, Skywall, Destarah

2) couple of items are not available to choose manually (trying to work around the refresh issue)

- Cranefeather Jerkin of the Impatient iLvl 496 (only the Timeless iLvl 535 version is in the list)

- Stormcrier Ring of the Stormblast

3) while gearing up it would be extremely helpful to have an option that caps hit and expertise but ignores shuffling secondary stats to min/max (mastery, haste and crit would never be reforged to eachother) I tried giving them all 1.3 weight on the custom reforge option but it was still reforging them to each other. Outside of a raid or dungeon, it's pretty helpful to have exp capped ... just saying

thanks

#551 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:09 PM

1. Your character was not found in the armory. You can check here http://us.battle.net...starah/advanced . So ShadowCraft can not import.

2. Go to Settings -> Item Filter -> Min iLvl (Random Items) set this to e.g. 430 and the items will be shown.

3. For me it works just fine with setting all non-capable stats to the same value. Did you hit the Custom Auto-Reforge All under the fields in the advanced tab? Just one cavet: When reforged from exp/hit it always favors mastery over haste and crit, but can be changed by hand after that.

#552 Drazz

Drazz

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Indz,(or anyone that knows) I pulled the source code from the repos, and noticed there was some files called "Shadowcraft Mage".. Is anyone actively workign on this ? and if not, is there anythign like it for mages ?

Thanks for your time..

#553 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

I think you're referring to this file? I don't think anyone is working on a mage module, or anything other than rogue centric stuff.

The talent data has really just been there for thoroughness' sake. Shadowcraft is actually just a barebones engine. What it does is it stores data about a character (what talents are available, what stats they have, what procs they use, etc) and it lets modules use it. To give an example, you could write a simulation within Shadowcraft's engine, despite the fact that the rogue module is formulaic. So these basic engine files aren't indicative of anything being made, they just let the engine perform as intended to anyone who might want to use it.

#554 fourdots

fourdots

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

I hesitate to ask this question at this point, as I can't imagine that it hasn't already been answered.  But I searched back 8 pages, and all I can find is the same question in post #496, and from what i could see an answer wasn't provided, so I'm going to hold my breath and hope for the best with this one. :)

Simply put, shadowcraft tells me my 2pc bonus provides me with a -15 energy cost (I'm assassination).  My tool tip says -6, and some quick testing on the dummy confirms that it is indeed only a 6 energy cost reduction. 

Therefore I have to ask if shadowcraft is overstating the energy cost reduction, and therefore the ep value of crit.  Its telling me that crit is now my best secondary stat, but if that's based on an assumed 15 energy cost reduction then that probably is not correct.

Again, I apologize if this is answered somewhere else.   Thanks for any and all help with this.

Edited by fourdots, 11 March 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#555 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Shadowcraft has used the right numbers since 5.4 was on the PTR (15e for combat, 6e for mutilate, 2e for sub). The tooltip says 15e because that's what the tooltip defaults to and what wowhead provides when referencing their site.

#556 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Hi, I haven't seen it mentioned before, but any chance you could display % in DPS Breakdown on Advanced tab, and not just raw numbers?

Also, there's a typo in the proc name in the Breakdown, "Fury Of Xuen" instead of "Flurry of Xuen". Thanks.

Edited by nordveien, 19 March 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#557 Indz

Indz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

Percents will be in the 6.0 version.

The proc is called flurry of xuen

http://www.wowhead.c.../flurry-of-xuen

#558 nordveien

nordveien

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

(1) Ok, thank you!

(2) Yes, but on the Advanced tab, in DPS Breakdown I still see "Fury of Xuen".

#559 lasceia

lasceia

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

hey, now marked for death is better than anticipation in sc? 

#560 LukeWalker

LukeWalker

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

any chance we will have upgrade +3 & +4 when  5.4.8 hits live ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users