Photo

Infraction for Voluptaas: 1. All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 malthrin

malthrin

stalemate associate

• Moderators
  • 9107 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

User: Voluptaas
Infraction: 1. All posters are to make an effort to communicate clearly.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

This is barely legible. Try again.

Original Post:

I *think* it was to do with situations where a target has healing absorption/immunity. If no healing can be done, then no shield should be produced.

long time lurker, first post.

Im not sure i have enough evidence to be 100% sure, will know more after tonights raid as i only noticed it at the end of last raid last week. So previously i was pre-shielding tank and off tank with illuminated healing shields out of combat, before pull, essentially giving me dual 130k hp shields on both tanks.. ok , its not a massive amount of shielding as things go, but its nice since its free.. Now, last week, end of raid i have a feeling it was working differently. We were wiping on will of the emperor a bit so i spent loads of time pre-shielding to help us out a bit, i then noticed on the last 2-3 pulls that recount was registering no healing for the shield upon incoming damage being taken from the tanks, which it was previously.. I also think the shield was being negated when used on targets at 100% hp, but about to take damage.. ie, when you expect damage and use heal on a target to pre-shield, or during aoe damage to blanket the raid for incoming damage... that didnt seem to be working.. only once they were taking damage or were less than 100% hp did the shield record healing..

I was a little ill when i made these observations, and judging by the lack of comments on here about it i assume i was having a moment of madness..but i thought i would post in case, you never know, there might be something in it.. or is it recount behaving differently.. or am i mad.

will investigate further tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users