Photo

Infraction for mendenbarr: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

User: mendenbarr
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

First, don't ever bump a thread just to keep it on the front page. Only post if you have something substantive to contribute.

Second, it is a good thing this thread is falling off the front page. You presented some interesting ideas and did a lot of research to justify your position. But ultimately you failed to convince the best DK theorycrafters that your alternative methods are better than the established position.

I'm not convinced that gaming procs to force more crits for your most powerful attack is enough of a gain to compensate for breaking the DK resource feedback loop. Spend runes to gain runic power, spend runic power to gain runes. The faster you spend resources, the more you have to spend. Waiting is counter to the design of the class. There is some precedent with sitting on a death rune to have it available for soul reaper. But we don't like that either.

Even though I don't like this thread I haven't closed it down, and I will continue to leave it open. I'm suspicious of the conclusions, but I respect the discussions and the earnest desire to find the truth -- even if it's unexpected or unpleasant. However the one thing that I'd really like to see, and that you haven't provided, is a simulation profile so we can see a quantitative comparison. If you can give that, I'd love to see it. I'd be happy to be proven right, but I'd be just as happy to be proven wrong. But otherwise please just let this thread rest in peace.

TLDR: Don't bump threads.

Original Post:

Bumping to keep on front page, new update coming soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users