• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

#1 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

If you're looking for 5.0.x raid mechanics (Mogu'Shan Vaults, Heart of Fear, Terrace of Endless Spring) the thread is located here.

I will myself not actively test the new bosses, so we need information from you guys about them. Please list your findings below and I will progressively add them to the list.

Throne of Thunder:

Jin'rokh the Breaker
-Feint works on all his aoe abilites
-Feint + Elusiveness works on getting hit by the balls during Lightning Strike.
-Cloak of Shadows resists all damage during storm allowing you to dps from the pool longer
Heroic
-Do not cloak when you've been afflicted by Ionization, it drops the AoE under your feet.
-You can cloak while Ionization is being cast to immune the application.

Horridon
-Mark for Death is strong for killing adds.
-Feint doesn't seem to work unless using Elusiveness on most of horridon's primarily abilities aka double swipe.
-Cloak of shadows removes Blazing Sunlight from the Farakki Wastewalker.
-Can feint if you get stuck in a sand trap. Cloak of shadows untested.
-Cloak of shadows works on all of the Gurubashi Venom Priest's abilities.
-Cloak of shadows works on deadly plague from the drakkari warrior/champion.
-Can cloak immune the initial tick off frozen orb, as well as feint if running through it.
-Can cloak immune the initial tick off lightning nova totem as well as feint if running through it.
Heroic
-Direcall Can be feinted with elusiveness, and as its physical, cloak glyph can be helpful. Final phase Dire Call REALLY hurts, so rotating feints, smoke bombs, and cloaks will really help healers.
-Dismantle (Disarm effects?) have no diminishing returns on Jalak

Council of elders
-Crippling and stuns work on Loa Beasts
Sul
-You can solo-interrupt all Sand, using Deadly Throw when Kick is on cooldown.
-Feint works on Sandstorm to reduce damage
Heroic
-Cloak of Shadows does not clear the Soul Fragment
-Damage Take From Soul Fragment Can Be Cloaked And Feinted (elusiveness only)
Frost King Malakk
-Can Feint Frostbite radius damage. Can cloak, but will not prevent loss of body heat or chilled to the bone.
-Can Evasion/Feint Reckless Charge
Kazra'jin
-Can cloak/feint Discharge.
-Cloak mitigates all damage reflection during the possessed phase for the duration cloak is active.
Sul The Sandcrawler
-Can cloak sand bolt, though unreliable and not really need.
High Priestess Mar'li
-Can Stun Slow Twisted Fates. Paralytic Poison DOES work.
-Cheat Death does work on Loa Spirits.

Tortos
-You are marked as Behind the boss if you stand behind his right leg. You can then ambush etc.
-Cloak of Shadows resists Stone breath damage
-Crippling on turtles is great when they first spawn to put up a slow quickly
-Bats are immune to paralytic poison ??? [Newer posts say that they can be stunned by it paralytic poison]
-Bats can be FoK'ed while in air if you shadowstep to vampiric cave bat
Heroic
-You can get combo points on the humming crystals before you have pulled the boss.
-Feinting during Quake helps preventing you losing your crystal buff.

Megaera
-Feint works for all aoe abilities and rampage to reduce damage
-Cloak of shadows will resist poison bomb and remove Cinders debuff, however the cinders drop below your feet.
-Marked for death does not work on the heads, they technically don't die.
-Smoke bomb is useful during hydra rage. Especially near the end of the fight when damage is high.

Ji-Kun
-Feint reduces damage from Quills
-Quills can be dodged, evasion works well.
-Cloak of Shadows will remove the Slimed debuff but nothing else
-Due to CoS removing the debuff above, you can soak pools with feint and CoS the debuff after.
-Shadowstep will get you to the eggs if you overshoot the landing
-You can use sprint to stay in melee range during Down Draft.

Durumu the Forgotten
-Feint reduces damage from the beams
-Can cloak eye sore, feint works also.
-Can cloak crimson bloom.
-Cheat Death DOES NOT work on disintegration beam. You hit the beam, you die. Nothing to stop that.
-Feint works on mind daggers.
-Can shadowstep back to the boss if you get hit by Force of Will. requires shadowstep spamming.
-Can cloak damage from Life drain, will still get stunned.
-Can cloak Burst Of Amber, Crimson Bloom, and Flash Freeze.
Heroic
-Can NOT cloak dark parasite nor the later debuff Dark Plague. Optimal To Feint from 21 seconds to 15 seconds /w glyph.
-Can cloak off a Wandering Eye. Will just retarget someone else. Pointless.

Primordius
-Can feint w/ or without elusiveness all mutated abilities gained by Primordius.
-When stepping over Mutagenic Pool, you can feint the damage only w/ elusiveness on.
-Using CoS can remove friendly buffs and is considered unreliable.

Dark Animus
-Can cloak matter swap, but you still suffer the effects.
-Can cloak the debuff given by explosive slam if you get hit.
-Can feint touch of animus
-Can feint interrupting jolt, hurts a lot.

Iron Qon
Ro'shak :
-Cloak of Shadows remove Scorched.
-Cloak of shadows and feint work on all his spells for immune and damages reduction.
-Rushing wind can be avoided by shadowstepping to Quet'zal if you use engineer glider. (Possibly goblin racial as well)

-Phase 3 you can cloak the freeze and the raid will not take damage from shatter, I'm not sure if it was the immune portion of it like on major domo seeds or if you can resist it.
Heroic
---Phase 1: Ro'shak + Quet'zal---
- Can Feint/Cloak Whirling Winds. Doesn't do alot of damage, would not waste a cloak on it.

Tips: On Heroic, melee will be taking a lot of stacks of scorched, especially if you have a lot of rogues. Ideal situation is to cloak at about 3-4 stacks, and make sure you cloak just before the next application. This way, you can not only cloak the scorched application for the 4th or 5th stack respectively, but also cloak the following one.

---Phase 2: Quet'zal + Dam'ren---
- Can cloak the damage from frost spike, but will still be thrown into the air. (Does not get put on melee, but if your by a ranged, can still get hit)

---Final Phase---
- Come near the end, i'd say last 30%, just keep feint up 100% due to Ignite Cyclone + Fistsmash

Twin Consorts
-Can feint/cloak Cosmic Barrage. Chances are you as melee will not get hit if you have enough ranged alive and spread.
-Can cloak fan of flames debuff, not initital hit.
-Can cloak through flames of passion on the ground.
-Can feint tidal wive, but chances are if you dont have the xuen buff, your raid is gunna die.

Lei Shen
-The thunderstrike in phase one can be cloaked.
-Lightning puddles on the ground that spawn adds can also be cloaked, which will prevent an add from spawning. (Phase 2/transition phase) apparently not a good idea. Save CoS for other spells.
-Static Shock can be cloaked, soaked with cheat death or feint.
-Overcharge itself can´t be cloaked but it´s ring which stuns can be cloaked or can be jumped over with shs or outranged
-Violent Gale Winds in P3 can be cloaked and feinted
-You can Shadowstep when rooted by overcharge.
Heroic
-Glyphed sprint enables you to remain stationary with Helm of Command
-Feint does NOT reduce Violent Gale Winds damage.
-You can spawn a ball lightning by being outside of melee range
-You can solo soak a lvl 1 Static Shock with Feint/Cheat Death and any external healer cooldown
-Cloak will immune the Bouncing Bolt damage
-Soaking a Bouncing Bolt with Helm of Command will still spawn an add sometimes, its buggy

Ra-den

Nalak, The Storm Lord

Oondasta

#2 Knarcus

Knarcus

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I have been reading and watching some guides on the new bosses (could not test myself on the ptr) and I was wondering, if Tortos is able to parry/dodge our attacks, since no guide mentioned anything about that.
FYI: Tortos is always hit from the front by the melees. If he is able to parry, should we go for the exptertise hard cap as combat/assassination?
Are positional attacks like Ambush still possible?

#3 F0xx

F0xx

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

There is a smal room behind Tortos, in which you can get behind him for ambushes but as its very smal and you basicly stay "inside" the boss. Voids are realy hard to spot and you can't realy dodge Turtles. From my lfr logs i can't spot any Parrys on him but have 2% dodges (might be because of item scaling not at exp cap).

#4 Thorli

Thorli

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

on PTR :
Iron Qon :
First named Ro'shak :
-Cloak of Shadows remove Scorched.
-Cloak of shadows and feint work on all his spells for immune and damages reduction.

#5 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Take this with a grain of salt since some things might have changed between live and ptr

Jin'rokh the Breaker
1. Feint works on all his aoe abilites
2. Cloak of Shadows resists all damage during storm allowing you to dps from the pool longer

Heroic
1. Cloak of Shadows resists the damage when Ionization goes off but won't remove the debuff all togther

Council of Elders
1. Crippling and stuns work on Loa Beasts

Heroic
1. Cloak of Shadows does not clear the Soul Fragment

Tortos
1. Feint works on Sandstorm to reduce damage
2. Cloak of Shadows resists Sandstorm damage
3. Crippling on turtles is great when they first spawn to put up a slow quickly

Heroic
1. Feint works to reduce Quake damage assured it won't destroy the bubble.
(I'm not entirely sure how the bubble determines 75% health but if it snapshots you can roll a large absorb provided it doesn't drop
using feint)

Megaera
1. Feint works for all aoe abilities and rampage to reduce damage
2. Cloak of shadows will resist poison bomb and remove Cinders debuff

Ji-Kun
1. Feint reduces damage from Quills
2. Cloak of Shadows will remove the Slimed debuff but nothing else
3. Shadowstep will get you to the eggs if you overshoot the landing

Durumu the Forgotten
1. Feint reduces damage from the beams

#6 Rosvall

Rosvall

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks!

Also, if anyone see that any of the information is wrong during live testing, please comment :)

#7 Saan

Saan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

For Council, you can Cloak the damage reflect from Kazra'jin when he is possessed to be able to take no damage for the duration. This can be useful for high-damage cooldowns like Killing Spree to make sure you don't kill yourself off.

#8 Keorics

Keorics

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

A note about Megaera and cinders. It removes the cinders debuff but it will drop it below you. So watch out.

On a side note, Marked for death DOES NOT WORK for this encounter, because the heads do not actually die.

#9 snowman2050

snowman2050

Franky says Relax!

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationHarrogate, UK

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Question about Tortos
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been reading and watching some guides...etc etc

At his right leg (on your left as you look at him) you can stand behind the leg which seems to count as if you are behind the boss, Ambush does work in this particular area.

Megaera - Smoke bomb is really useful during Hydra Rage, worth using especially near the end of the encounter when damage is spiking.

No Longer playing WoW - But feel free to find and join me over at http://www.talkgeek.net/

US & EU gaming community.

//Niknaks

#10 Ireath

Ireath

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Megaera - Smoke bomb is really useful during Hydra Rage, worth using especially near the end of the encounter when damage is spiking.

We had two rogues in our raid yesterday. What we did was to use it on the 1st and 2nd Rampage, and it would be up for the last and second to last ones again.

Ji-Kun: If you are assigned to kill eggs and birds in the nests, combat seems like a really good option here. There are five targets to hit, perfect for the new Blade Flury.

#11 Nik

Nik

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

1. Cloak of Shadows resists the damage when Ionization goes off but won't remove the debuff all togther

I've found the opposite during 25 man heroic testing. I was able to cloak the debuff off, which enabled me to time with procs when I chose to hop out the pool to drop it off. Can't see any spell changes on it either to hint that this had changed.

Ji-Kun: If you are assigned to kill eggs and birds in the nests, combat seems like a really good option here. There are five targets to hit, perfect for the new Blade Flury.

I stayed Assassination here due to the damage increase buff and platforms fitting in nice with the cooldowns available. I would suggest MFD here as the quick double 5CP Crimson Tempest can be perfect for the eggs.

#12 Usunar

Usunar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I've found the opposite during 25 man heroic testing. I was able to cloak the debuff off, which enabled me to time with procs when I chose to hop out the pool to drop it off. Can't see any spell changes on it either to hint that this had changed.

I can confirm that cloak removed debuff during the ptr testing and i've found even more interesting hint.I was able to immune the debuff completely by just hitting cloak in the ionization cast.But its a risky thing, any latency/reaction lag will wipe the raid since the cast is something like <1 sec.The druids reported that their symbiosis cloak work the same way.

#13 jtstormrage

jtstormrage

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Marked for Death is extremely strong on Horridon for killing the adds.

#14 silvershadowkat

silvershadowkat

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

Marked for Death is extremely strong on Horridon for killing the adds.

Thank you for that. ive been having a rough time trying to do anything on that fight aside from clicking the orb.

#15 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Thanks for the update on Ionization. I had made a feedback post about that but didn't have a chance to test it on heroic to see if it was changed. Smoke bomb is useful on pretty much every fight, I generally leave it up to the healers when they want it so it will very from strat to strat when people are going to be clumped up since it has such a small range.

#16 Onner

Onner

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Since no one has mentioned it zul from the council does sandstorm not tortos I could be wrong.

#17 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Sorry it was suppose to be Stone Breath not Sand Storm.

#18 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

Horridon:
- Feint doesn't seem to work unless using Elusiveness on most of horridon's primarily abilities aka double swipe.
- Cloak of shadows removes Blazing Sunlight from the Farakki Wastewalker.
- Can feint if you get stuck in a sand trap. Cloak of shadows untested.
- cloak of shadows works on all of the Gurubashi Venom Priest's abilities.
- cloak of shadows works on deadly plague from the drakkari warrior/champion.
- can cloak immune the initial tick off frozen orb, as well as feint if running through it.
- can cloak immune the initial tick off lightning nova totem as well as feint if running through it.

Durumu The Forgotten:
- can cloak eye sore, feint works also.
- can cloak crimson bloom.

Dark Animus:
- can cloak matter swap, but you still suffer the effects.
- can cloak the debuff given by explosive slam if you get hit.
- can feint touch of animus
- can feint interrupting jolt, hurts a lot.

Twin Consorts:
- can feint/cloak Cosmic Barrage. Chances are you as melee will not get hit if you have enough ranged alive and spread.
- can cloak fan of flames debuff, not initital hit.
- can cloak through flames of passion on the ground.
- can feint tidal wive, but chances are if you dont have the xuen buff, your raid is gunna die.

#19 Torima

Torima

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Iron Qon- Phase 3 you can cloak the freeze and the raid will not take damage from shatter, I'm not sure if it was the immune portion of it like on major domo seeds or if you can resist it.

#20 Naquada

Naquada

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Ji-Kun:
- Evasion works on Quills.
- You can use sprint to stay in melee range during Down Draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users