• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#21 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Iron Qon- Phase 3 you can cloak the freeze and the raid will not take damage from shatter, I'm not sure if it was the immune portion of it like on major domo seeds or if you can resist it.

its exactly like domo seeds. didn't even think of that as a reference.

#22 Egészségére

Egészségére

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Tortos:

If you get assigned to tricks the bats to tank I found this macro very usefull

/tar vampiric cave bat
/cast shadowstep

Be ready to spam fok so you dont get aggro.
Tank will get aggro when the bats are still up in the air, and no where near other raidmembers.

Also the bats are immune to the paralysis poison stun.

#23 Valadar

Valadar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Ji-Kun
Quills can be dodged — strong use for Evasion

#24 Elyn

Elyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Iron Qon

You can avoid the Rushing Winds from Windstorm if you shs onto Quet'zal and use ingi glider to get out, shs + goblin jump sould also work but couldn´t test it cause of racechange to troll.

Lei Shen

Static Shock can be cloacked, soaked with cheat death or feint.
Overcharge itself can´t be cloacked but it´s ring which stuns can be cloacked or can be jumped over with shs or outranged.
Violent Gale Winds in P3 can be cloacked and feint.

A correction to the mainpost

-Lightning puddles on the ground that spawn adds can also be cloaked, which will prevent an add from spawning. (Phase 2/transition phase)

You will never want to use Cloack for these lightning puddles, only feint them. The adds will not spawn as long as somone is in the puddle. Cloack should always be ready to soak Static Shock or Overcharge in a non static shock phase.

#25 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just to add on the above post. The Violent Gale in the final phase of Lei Shen can be cloaked and feinted, but cloak will not remove the stacking debuff, so make sure you have cloak up for when it really hurts, don't blow it on the first run of violent gale.

#26 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Also regarding Lei Shen (there are so many abilities on this fight! agh!)

Diffusion Chain doesn't appear to target melee (except during Intermission...) so don't worry about spreading out.
Discharge damage - Cloak immunes, feint reduces
Static Shock - You can solo one with feint (w elusiveness), but you will probably need another external CD of some sort. I was successfully doing it with a Hand of Sacrifice (could also use Smoke Bomb, I suppose). Taking it without another CD will either kill you have you very very near death. Just be careful.

Random tip: I found the best time to use Smoke Bomb was either when everyone was stacked outside of a conduit taking Discharge damage, or when everyone was stacked up for Ball Lightning.

#27 Athariel

Athariel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

For whats its worth; in 25 man (normal) you can solo-interrupt all Sand Bolts by Sul on the Council of Elder fight, using Deadly Throw when Kick is on cooldown. Saves healers' mana.

#28 rayanne

rayanne

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Heroic Jin Rokh - you can cloak a second before Ionization and not get the debuff (turn big wigs on to exaggerate and pop it when she is at "1" in the countdown)

#29 Mechakisc

Mechakisc

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFallon NV

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

For whats its worth; in 25 man (normal) you can solo-interrupt all Sand Bolts by Sul on the Council of Elder fight, using Deadly Throw when Kick is on cooldown. Saves healers' mana.

Mind numbing poison any use here?

#30 Enzo90910

Enzo90910

Von Kaiser

• • Guide Author
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just confirmed this in LFR and will definitely use it in my 10m raid. Being able to solo manage Sul will make this fight MUCH easier.

#31 Athariel

Athariel

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Mind numbing poison any use here?

Not sure. I can test this lockout. However, I did not feel the need for it. I was merely toying around with Shuriken Toss Subtlety ranged rogue spec, and found out I managed either 1 + refresh* or 2 Deadly Throws per Sul's cast, which meant I didn't use kick much at all; I saved kick for whenever I messed up (shadowstep -> kick) - it was more than manageable without reducing his cast speed. You get a feeling for his casting frequency rather quickly.
* rupture / Slice.

Remember; Deadly Throw interrupts at 3, 4 and 5 combo points.

#32 xcyteZ

xcyteZ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Update: Heroic Jin'Rokh The Breaker

Just downed him last night and had a chance to test Cloak of Shadows + Ionization.

End Result: DO NOT cloak Ionization once you've already been afflicted by the debuff. If you do, it will consider it as getting dispelled and drop the AoE right under your feet potentially wiping the raid.

What you can do instead is use Cloak of Shadows as Ionization is getting cast to immune the application.

#33 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Update: Heroic Jin'Rokh The Breaker

Just downed him last night and had a chance to test Cloak of Shadows + Ionization.

End Result: DO NOT cloak Ionization once you've already been afflicted by the debuff. If you do, it will consider it as getting dispelled and drop the AoE right under your feet potentially wiping the raid.

What you can do instead is use Cloak of Shadows as Ionization is getting cast to immune the application.

Darn beat me to it.

Lightning Strike:
- Feint + Elusiveness works on getting hit by the balls during Lightning Strike.

Conduction Explosion:
- If someone is going to explode, though hard to tell until your actually dead, you can preemptively feint in case an explosion does occur.

-Also Horridon Heroic-
Direcall - Can be feinted with elusiveness, and as its physical, cloak glyph can be helpful. Final phase Dire Call REALLY hurts, so rotating feints, smoke bombs, and cloaks will really help healers.

#34 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

[R]Primordius:
- Cloak of shadows is extremely buggy, I've caught it on multiple attempts removing my friendly buffs, its safe to assume without more information that cloak of shadows should never be used on this fight.
- Can feint w/ or without elusiveness all mutated abilities gained by Primordius.
- When stepping over Mutagenic Pool, you can feint the damage only w/ elusiveness on.

----More info on heroic coming soon----

Heroic Tortos:

- TIP: Prepull, if timed correctly, you can obtain 5 combo points or even 5 Anticipation charges on the humming crystals pre pull.
- Quake should ALWAYS be feinted, as chances are without a raid external you will lose your crystal buff, whether at full or not. Safest to feint w/ elusiveness.

As per the
"-Feint works to reduce Quake damage assured it won't destroy the bubble.
(Not sure how the bubble determines 75% health . If it snapshots you can roll a large absorb provided it doesn't drop using feint)"

I can assure you it doesn't drop using feint. And it won't destroy the bubble.

--More info on heroic Megaera coming soon.---

#35 Astraar

Astraar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

[R]Primordius:
- Cloak of shadows is extremely buggy, I've caught it on multiple attempts removing my friendly buffs, its safe to assume without more information that cloak of shadows should never be used on this fight.

Its not "buggy". A normal dispel would also remove all buffs. But yea dont use it most likely.

#36 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

Its not "buggy". A normal dispel would also remove all buffs. But yea dont use it most likely.

The only reason I used the word buggy was it just seems overly unreliable. For example, while we were quick clearing through Throne, on primordius i was testing stuff out since its faceroll now, and the first time i cloaked, it removed all my positive debuffs and became unmutated. The second time I cloaked was on I believe caustic gas, had all 5 positive buffs with a minute and a half left, and was fully mutated, i immuned the gas explosion but kept the 5 buffs and my mutated form.

There may indeed be something I am missing, but I do apologize as "buggy" was not the correct term to use. Should have use unreliable. Sorry for confusion.

#37 Seliathan

Seliathan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Blizzard has applied a few fixes regarding primordius over the past few days/weeks, since mw monks couldn't use revival at all, and certain class-specific dispells proved to be exploitable (mostly warlocks and owlkin symbiosis)

Today (03/19/13) cloak didn't remove any debuffs for me either. It would be great to know whether it only ignores beneficial debuffs though, and still removes detrimental ones.

Horridon HC:
While it certainly isn't advisable, the fixating Primal Direhorns attacks can be dodged, so using Evasion as a last resort can net you some DPS since you won't have to knockback it (using it together with cheat death makes it quite alot safer to use). Vanishing while being fixated makes the Direhorn attack someone else (most likely a tank or healer) but you regain aggro as soon as you attack it once.

#38 Kryptomaniac

Kryptomaniac

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Blizzard has applied a few fixes regarding primordius over the past few days/weeks, since mw monks couldn't use revival at all, and certain class-specific dispells proved to be exploitable (mostly warlocks and owlkin symbiosis)

Today (03/19/13) cloak didn't remove any debuffs for me either. It would be great to know whether it only ignores beneficial debuffs though, and still removes detrimental ones.

Horridon HC:
While it certainly isn't advisable, the fixating Primal Direhorns attacks can be dodged, so using Evasion as a last resort can net you some DPS since you won't have to knockback it (using it together with cheat death makes it quite alot safer to use). Vanishing while being fixated makes the Direhorn attack someone else (most likely a tank or healer) but you regain aggro as soon as you attack it once.

Cloak in theory is not supposed to remove anything, whether it be beneficial or determinental debuffs. The issue im seeing, and am still seeing is, sometimes cloak is removing stuff. Another class had the same issue with another cooldown, I can't remember off the top of my head what it was.

But yea 100%, cloak SHOULD not remove anything.

#39 Seliathan

Seliathan

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Cloak has ever since it has been implemented back in TBC removed certain debuffs while it left others ontouched, and it has almost always been able to remove debuffs that were dispellable aswell as prevent their application. This didn't seem to be intended so in Cataclysm we saw a drastic change, forcing us to use the immune-part of CoS to get a similar effect, something which has changed again in MoP. While I wholeheartedly agree that in a raid environment it (and a few other spells aswell) shouldn't be able to prevent or remove certain debuffs, it worked on quite alot of encounters in the past years and still does so today, so it is hard to argue that it isn't suppoed to work as a dispell.

In the current tier there are a whole bunch of debuffs CoS removes or prevents.

Jin'Rokh: prevents/removes Ionization, still triggers it when removing
Horridon: removes Blazing Sunlight, Venom Bolt Poison, Deadly Plague, but does NOT remove Hex of Confusion.
Council: removes Sandtrap Slow/Roots,
Megaera: removes Cinders, still triggers the ground effect
Ji-Kun: removes Slimed Debuff (only the one increasing the damage, not the DoT itself)
Animus: removes Matter Swap, still triggers the damage but also immunes the damage one himself takes (so dispelling it with only 1 second left is advisable, as the other target will only lose 10% hp that way)
Qon: removes Scorched

I may have missed some, but basically every spell that is dispellable in the current tier can be removed with cloak. In the very same way it behaved on Primordius: Unless I'm mistaken there have been two changes ever since the first PTR testing. Dispells, most noteworthy revival, used to dispell every debuff at once, which was detrimental since it removed not only the stat-altering ones, but also the full mutation. It then got changed (this one made it to the release) so dispells would remove all debuffs except for the full mutation. Sometime between friday and saturday in the first ID they hotfixed it so dispells wouldn't work at all on beneficial debuffs, and cloak followed the exact same limitations. What I'm still unsure about is whether dispells in general can still remove debuffs as long as the target isn't fully mutated, or only remove detrimental ones. I am almost certain that cloak will follow the same limitations though.

#40 kindath

kindath

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Unless it's changed, on Ji-Kun I found that cloak removed the Slimed DoT and didn't apply the increasing damage debuff when cloaked.

Cloaking while standing in a pool causes you to not take damage from it, but also doesn't remove the pool. I found that, when nessecary, I could easily soak up two pools at once with feint + elusiveness and then instantly cloak off the slimed DoT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users