Photo

Warning for Idulraah: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Therya

Therya

Fudge Muffin Addict

• Moderators
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Post: [Ret 5.0.4 MoP] Retribution Concordance (RetCon) - Panda-ing the DPS Meters
User: Idulraah
Infraction: 4. Whining in any form is forbidden.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

While I do agree ret paladins are in the middle of the pack as DPS numbers go so far for 5.1 you chose the wrong forum to whine about it.

Original Post:

Why is it that I continue to worry about the Ret DPS position in the meters when I see the changes, for example, for warlocks:

Warlocks
- Hand of Gul'dan, Shadowflame, Shadow Bolt, Touch of Chaos and Wild Imp Firebolt +15%.
- Soul Fire damage +22%.
- Conflagrate and Immolate damage +20%.
- Incinerate damage +10%.

or hunters:

Hunters
- Aimed Shot damage +10%.
- Chimera Shot damage +50%.
- Steady Shot damage +20%.
- Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +15%.

Even the changes for the Unholy (Scourge Strike damage +7.7%) seem laughable when viewed outside diseases buffs (I would've liked SS/FS/DC buffs, than diseases).

I don't understand Blizzard: they have all the numbers, yet they think Ret DPS problems will be answered by a 1min reduction to AW? Sustained DPS doesn't mean an average over time, with distinguishable highs (arguable) and lows. Sustained should be achieved through increases on most/all abilities used in the rotation: CS, J, TV (especially) and HotR for AoE, from 20% to, let's say, 50%, to make it viable from 2 targets up and also by removing its condition to have a current target and to face it (highly annoying). OR make it spread Censure from SoT (lowered dmg/tick, even depending on how many targets are affected, for balance purposes; too difficult? they did it with 2 diseases.. :P) and get rid of SoR (seal swapping isn't a quality of life goal, for me).

I do not think these are unreasonable or impossible to make. They change much more for other classes/specs, so I believe they're more afraid of making Ret paladins head-of-the-pack so they prefer the opposite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users