• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#81 Magdalena

Magdalena

Heroic Class of Heroism

• Moderators
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

I noticed, both by practicing on a dummy and running SimCraft, that the 4-set bonus far outweighed the 567 Darkfallen Shoulderplates (no, iLvl is NOT everything). But when I equiped them and ran the simulaion,  I got this surprise:

MH DPS 7.32

OH DPS 3.65

Hit 5.79

Exp 5.63

Str 5.51

HASTE 3.05

Mastery 2.89

Crit 2.35

AP 1.99

First, discard the dummy results completely. In no way does it emulate realistic raid conditions. No movement and no AMS soaking would artificially inflate Haste's value by a lot.

I assume that your Simcraft profile matches your gear and glyphs from the armoury. I note one important fact on your armoury that is contributing to your high Haste value: You are not using Plague Leech. This talent devalues Haste by quite a bit, and is essential because it is a much higher DPS gain than Unholy Blight. I would advise switching to it immediately.

Moving on, you want to ensure that your sim utilises the following:

-AMS soaking (it usually does, but double check)

-Accounting for higher AMS uptime due to the Evil Eye of Galakras trinket, and the Regenerative Magic glyph

-Plague Leech, assuming you take it (and you really should)

-Movement (Patchwerk fights aren't going to give you realistic stat weights)

• Angelhearth likes this

Death Knight Blog

Personal Blog

There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Especially not if it's you...

#82 Angelhearth

Angelhearth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 PM

I know the dummy is far from a good way to test your setup, I just did a quick one to see what happend with and without the 4-set bonus.

I will add Plague Leech right away. As to what the sim utilises, I would expect SimCraft to do so, but will check the rotation it uses and the weights it puts on the different abilities/attacks.

#83 Angelhearth

Angelhearth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm doing HelterSkelter, not Patchwerk btw.

#84 frozenkex

frozenkex

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

According to my sims of my own character and default bis 2H Frost profile, using Frost Strike when runic power capped (or rather >76) over Obliterate when any runes are capped is a dps increase. Frost strike capped > Obliterate rune capped (KM down), at least according to my results.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

#85 Conser

Conser

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

Since the graphs showing the trinket rankings are down, can someone give me some advice? I've got 3 trinkets: reg Thok's 0/4, reg Skeer's 0/4, and Flex Evil Eye 4/4. I'm a frost dk and I was wondering what combo would be best for me. Here's a link to my armory to help:

http://us.battle.net...Conser/advanced

#86 Magdalena

Magdalena

Heroic Class of Heroism

• Moderators
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:34 AM

Since the graphs showing the trinket rankings are down, can someone give me some advice? I've got 3 trinkets: reg Thok's 0/4, reg Skeer's 0/4, and Flex Evil Eye 4/4. I'm a frost dk and I was wondering what combo would be best for me. Here's a link to my armory to help:

http://us.battle.net...Conser/advanced

Upgrade your Thok's Tail Tip to 4/4 pronto. It is the strongest trinket in the tier available to any DPS Death Knight spec, and going from 553 to 569 ilvl with your trinket is well worth it. After that, you're probably fine with your current 4/4 CDR trinket.

Death Knight Blog

Personal Blog

There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Especially not if it's you...

#87 Conser

Conser

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Upgrade your Thok's Tail Tip to 4/4 pronto. It is the strongest trinket in the tier available to any DPS Death Knight spec, and going from 553 to 569 ilvl with your trinket is well worth it. After that, you're probably fine with your current 4/4 CDR trinket.

Okay. I'll be upgrading it tomorrow since I'm valor capped for the week. That's something they need to look into though: raising the valor cap.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users