• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#81 Charybdis

Charybdis

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's not just the size of the EF ticks, but also the frequency of them that has me wondering if or when they'll be tweaking it for us. Using SoI + spell haste buff, it takes about 18215 haste rating (about 42.8% haste) to get 17 ticks. The next tick comes in at ~21894, which is a stone's throw away from the 50% haste mark at 21250.

With haste on two tier pieces plus the ilvl bump, I expect we'll definitely be getting 50% haste with the 4p. We'll just have to see how it goes I guess, or perhaps see if SimC can give us some values for EF vs SS.

#82 Wrathblood

Wrathblood

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 368 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

Harsh Words has apparently been fixed. It uses hopo now.

#83 Thels

Thels

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

There's a thread on maintankadin about the SS nerf, where Slootbag started bringing up some interesting points for EF:

Maintankadin • View topic - [5.4 PTR] SS Nerf

Absorbs are stronger than Heals, but not just because Heals can overheal. Absorbs cause the blanket healing from the raid, or even your own SoI procs, to overheal instead. What's more useful to see is if EF can prevent you dying to chains as much as SS can.

Say a boss attacks every 1.5 seconds. For SS to reduce the effect of a string of 3 attacks, it must tick either before the first attack, or between the first and third attack. If SS ticks are between 3 and 4.5 seconds, it will reliably tick every 3rd attack.

For EF to reduce the effect of a string of 3 attacks, any ticks before the first attack hold no merit. It must tick between the first and third attack. From what I understood, however, if SS ticks are between 3 and 4.5 seconds, EF ticks will be between 1.5 and 2.25 seconds, so EF will reliably tick every 2nd attack, and thus in between the first and third attack.

SS really comes out ahead if it can save us from going from 100% to 0%. I doubt we'll really see situations where we can practically rely upon SS.

Naturally, this relies on the 4 piece bonus (and assuming it works with EF, which seems likely), as otherwise EF will eat into our SotR uptime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users