Photo

Warning for DarthMetatron: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4803 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

User: DarthMetatron
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Don't make a post just to quote mmo-champion or a blue post; add something original of your own to the conversation. If you don't have anything worthwhile to add, then don't post.

(Complaining about uncertainty over which spec is best isn't a substantive addition. That's actually against the rules too.)

Original Post:

#2280 - 2013/03/05 02:40:00 AM
Recent DPS Tweaks

- Might of the Frozen Wastes includes melee damage by 20%, up from 15%.
- Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 25%.
- Threat of Thassarian now increases Frost Strike damage by 50%, up from 40%.
- Assassin's Resolve now increases damage by 30%, up from 20%.
- Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%.

PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues, Part III - Forums - World of Warcraft

I had a feeling they might un-nerf those buffs...if that makes any sense :)

I just tightened up my Unholy performance a bit last night in LFR's in anticipation of 5.2...now they're going to buff Frost at the last minute to make me re-think my decision! At least I don't have to reforge/gem to swap between 2HF and UH.

EDIT: He posted updated numbers on trinket RPPMs and how it is affected by Haste

PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues, Part III - Forums - World of Warcraft

Snip (he goes through all the numbers in the link):

Updated Trinket and Meta Gem numbers

Warning: Arcana! This information is targeted at theorycrafting. You don't need to read any of the following to benefit from these items in patch 5.2.

RealPPM Functionality Changes
We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users