• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

OP updated with a lot of new information.

#42 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

AMS is very useful for clearing slime on the ground and avoiding the slime debuff when getting primal nutrient on Heroic Ji-Kun.

#43 Jezz

Jezz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

On Council of Elders Heroic, Moonkins are really good at twisted fate. If you are the furthest person away from the boss it will always target you, you can then wild charge back when it's being cast, knock it back with typhoon and even vortex one of the two casts.

Like this: Operation Eskimo vs. Council of Elders (10-Heroic) - YouTube

You can also pre-cloak (presumably pre-AMS too) the Frostbite, an arrow will appear on your head when the cast starts, if you cloak before the cast ends the debuff will not get applied. This is ridiculously helpful on heroic but you need to pretty much be staring at your character when it's incoming.

#44 Tenebrai

Tenebrai

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

AMS unfortunately does not work on Frostbite, just fyi.

#45 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'd assume it works to mitigate the damage, but doesn't immune the debuff application? Also, can the Loa Spirits be controlled in a similar way with Typhoon and Vortex, or can they only be snared/stunned?

#46 Jezz

Jezz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'd assume it works to mitigate the damage, but doesn't immune the debuff application? Also, can the Loa Spirits be controlled in a similar way with Typhoon and Vortex, or can they only be snared/stunned?

They can definitely be knocked back.

#47 Tenebrai

Tenebrai

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Correct - you can't immune the debuff with AMS but you can definitely use it to help mitigate some damage (and you should if you don't have cloak!). Loa spirits can be snared, stunned and as already mentioned knocked back. Never actually tried vortex as I found the stun to be better, so I can't say there.

#48 SkagasmAddict

SkagasmAddict

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Vortex definitely works on Loa Spirits. It both slows and pulls them back.

I assume it's at least equivalent to the 5 sec Stun of Bash and it doesn't DR with other raid members' stuns (more applicable for Shadowed Loas who can be easily Leg Swept and Shockwaved).

#49 Jezz

Jezz

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Also, on Megaera heroic, sunbeam is exceptionally good at dealing with the arcane adds.

#50 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

Both the slow and pull of Vortex as well as Typhoon pushback and daze, work on the Loa Spirits (didn't try rooting personally but I recall our Mage Fost Nova-ing it)

#51 HarleyM

HarleyM

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Be careful with AMS on ionization, as if timed improperly it can detonate it and wipe the raid.

DoTs won't show up on the pink dino unless you are the one logging.

#52 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

I was using /cast [target=Direhorn Spirit] blah blah blah; which doesn't work. /tar Direhorn Spirit; /cast Moonfire will work, but the reason why I like having the focus is because I can always see if it's in range or not. The macro I use is:
#showtooltip
/use [@focus, nomod] Moonfire;
/use [@focus, mod:shift] Sunfire;
/use [@focus, mod:alt] Faerie Fire

So just to make sure I understand it right, the way this macro works is:
- it will cast Moonfire if you press the keybind
- it will cast Sunfire if you press the keybind together with shift
- it will cast Faerie Fire if you press the keybind together with alt

I assume you need to press it twice (once to target Direhorn Spirit and the second time to cast the spell)?

Given the multi-dotting on Horridon means being in Eclipse virtually all the time, wouldn't it be a good idea to reforge into Mastery after reaching the Haste cap (same on Council)?

#53 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

No, you set the Direhorn Spirit as your focus, then hit the macro once with the desired modifier.

There's only 3-4 targets that you should really be putting your single Eclipsed DoT on at a time (boss, balcony adds, dinomancer); you should leave the little adds for classes that can cleave better and just cycle through Eclipses on the important mobs after your DoTs are up. This is of course from a 25m perspective. If you find that a mastery build works better for e.g. your specific 10m group, that's fine, it just can't really be applied universally.

#54 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Iron Qon,
you can dot the boss up between the phases and it will continue to damage him while he is mounted and untargetable - damage persists when he does his final dismount and you face just him.
you have time for about 3 gcd btw. (so don't try to cast a starfire, perhaps a quick wrath)

#55 Xavy

Xavy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Is it true that moonkins can once again symb-priest for mass dispel? Is it working again?

#56 gannonjf

gannonjf

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Is it true that moonkins can once again symb-priest for mass dispel? Is it working again?

Purge is generally better for no CD and not needing the raid stacked. I'm guessing you are using it for horridon?

#57 Xavy

Xavy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Purge is generally better for no CD and not needing the raid stacked. I'm guessing you are using it for horridon?

Oh I wasn't clear, for prmordious w/e spell, is it true moonkin can once again dispel one magic effect and then insta-get the buff refresh?

#58 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

anyone updating this for the HC encounters?

#59 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

If you have something to contribute, feel free to post it here and I'll update the OP. I haven't personally discovered much since the heroic changes for most fights don't have anything Balance specific to counter them.

#60 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

I've heard that AMS interacts with Dead Zone on Iron Qon in interesting ways (namely that you can continue DPSing). Does anyone have any information on how this works?

Stampeding Roar will clear Frozen Blood (the cast speed slow on Iron Qon), but shifting will not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users