• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 Cowa

Cowa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Probably rather obvious to many people here but I found a couple things for Siege of Orgrimmar that are helpful

Galakras - Use Wild Charge for the bound backwards while target of the ball

Thok - FoN / HotW and in beginning if you notice yourself getting locked out of spell casting pop Hotw and go cat form for mangle spam (works better with agility polearm)

Mass Entanglement seems to be pretty useful in some situations where you can mass root the ads for many encounters (make sure to let tanks know you can do this)

#82 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzęstochowa POLAND

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Mass Entanglement seems to be pretty useful in some situations where you can mass root the ads for many encounters (make sure to let tanks know you can do this)

Are ME roots more resistant to breaking? Because priests' or shamans' roots seem much more reliable if you have to actually dps down the rooted adds.

#83 Glayde

Glayde

King Hippo

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Priest root doesn't break with damage.

#84 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

here are some that I feel might help others out there:

sha of pride:
B) solar beam is up from every big add, use it for the range interrupt.
i) position yourself right, and you can displacer beast right onto the far imprison lock instantly. (as in the far orange section of the close lock to the range/healer stackup)

Glakras
B) use the glyph of grace to reduce fall dmg from towers.
B) UV on top of the NPC nuke zone will stop the bonecrushers from rushing the NPC's, or a typhoon to knock them away (interrupting their fixate) from afar.
i) displacer beast when you are near the group from jumping off the tower will prevent fall damage.
e) a VERY well timed displacer beast can keep you on top of the tower if you accidentally get hit by the knockoff.

iron J
B) cast stampeding roar just before the shock-wave goes off to help ppl run back to boss faster.
B) use the glyph of grace to reduce fall dmg from mine knockup.
i) just going into bear form is enough armor/hp to single soak 1 crawler mine w/o ANY CD if you are above ~80% hp. (this is tested in 10man normal) using a cd such as barksin, might of ursoc, w/e your relevant symb is still a good idea, and can allow you to also double soak. Communicate with your healers to let them know to top you up quickly and you can soak 2-3 mines.
e) a VERY well timed displacer beast can prevent you from getting knocked back by the shock-wave. (need to cast it JUST after you start moving backwards)

#85 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Garrosh (Normal at least) Disorienting Roar will be up for every single MC and it works both on the normal and the empowered version of it. There is also nothing else in that talent tier worth to take for the fight.

Edit: Doesn't work for empowered. Checked tonight.

#86 Plopeuh

Plopeuh

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Need a little help on garrosh nm, we didn't pass the boss for now (raid 10) :

p1 : i'am assigned on ingeneer
interphase :
1 (big add) : dps is not a pb
2 (medium) : i feel doing not much dommage on this
3 (little) : run and aoe, i make it

p2 : so much mouvement here, probably too much in our try, but no real choice. Some advice can be usefull.
p3 : we die anyway :P

talent i use :
t1 : displacer beast to move faster to ingeneer
t2 : ysera gift
t3 : typhoon (to cs the cm, dont know if usefull when empowered)
t4 : FoN
t5 : stun but could use Roar
t6 : 1min30 cd (dont remember english name :s) to little help healing

We tried with 2 heal / 2 tank / 6 dps.

Any advice ?

#87 Zelidar

Zelidar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Immerseus - Cloak of Shadows is good on normal for immuning Swirl damage and Erupting Sha damage. You can also use it on heroic to stop the damage and application of Sha Corruption in order to single target the boss a little longer.

Cloaking actually just prevents the application of additional stacks, as well as the current stack's damage. I believe it also lasts for 5 seconds, whereas the buff lasts for 6. So you should cloak if you get >=5 stacks, and pop defense cd's if you get that many. Otherwise, you can just get more stacks off the boss before swapping to DPS adds.

edit: "prevents the application of additional stacks, as well as the current stack's damage"

#88 Kuruk

Kuruk

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

How do you deal with Reflections on Sha of Pride Heroic?

I can either hold Starfall so that I don't cast it when the boss is about to cast Self-Reflection (but that means it will often have to be cast outside of Lunar Eclipse) or I can glyph it so it only targets DoT-ed targets.

Both of these options are a DPS loss, however.

Evolution 9/14 HC is recruiting a Ranged DPS (Elemental Shaman, Hunter, Mage, Warlock) and a Healer (Disc/Holy Priest, Resto Druid). Apply here.

#89 Lazerdollarz

Lazerdollarz

Moonkin Hatchling

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

Damage to those adds is almost completely inconsequential since your tanks will be able to cleave them down easily. You should be saving Starfall for when your teammates get banished.

#90 finnmaccool

finnmaccool

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

What fights do ppl use glyph of starfall (only hit dotted targets)

only fight i can think of wanting it is the kalaxi, all others i would expect you to actually NOT want it glyphed?

although, every time i do DA i always keep chanting to myself at the pull "must not use starfall!" and if i didn't have to /reload every time to switch glyphs would just use it then.

#91 Lilija

Lilija

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCzęstochowa POLAND

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

What fights do ppl use glyph of starfall (only hit dotted targets)

only fight i can think of wanting it is the kalaxi, all others i would expect you to actually NOT want it glyphed?

although, every time i do DA i always keep chanting to myself at the pull "must not use starfall!" and if i didn't have to /reload every time to switch glyphs would just use it then.

Malkorok heroic is where I have to glyph Starfall so I'm not bothered with add aggro (as they have debuff aura that gives you slow and massive spellcasting speed debuff).

I used to glyph it for Immsersus and Sha at first but eventually it appeared to be unneccessary.

#92 Zelidar

Zelidar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

A few more:

Norushen
(B) - Bash works well for the big adds, especially in 10 mans, where the amount of stuns you have up is low
(B) - Try and solar beam groups of small adds to prevent their casting. Especially useful in heroic, when you're sending down 2 or 3 dps.

Galakras
(B) Typhoon and Vortex are perfect for interrupting the channel on far targets. Make certain you wait to typhoon until after he's finished the charge, otherwise the Bonecrusher will continue to charge, and you'll have typhoon on CD. This is especially useful if your tanks are stunning and causing the targets to become immune to stuns

(B) Cloak of shadows (and presumably AMS) works well for dropping stacks from the final phase to help mitigate the ramping damage.

(B) Displacer Beast Can help on towers for mitigating fall damage, as well as dodging shockwaves, etc.

Iron Juggernaut

(B) HotW is best 90 tier talent for Heroic, if you're using the strat of stacking far away from the boss (one extra CD). The first siege mode, you can tranq, the second you can HotW + blanket rejuv.

Dark Shamans
(B) - Heroic - If you're an eligible target for Iron Prisons, Unending resolve is an excellent CD for one
(B) - Heroic - Barkskin should be up for every Iron Prison, in the event of bad RNG
(B) - Heroic - Cenarion Ward is a decent personal CD for helping with healing back up after Iron Prison/Fallen Ash.

Nazgrim

(B) In Heroic, Solar Beam + Vortex the Archweavers every time they are out. Because of the timing, you should have both up for every mage.

(B) Displacer Beast or Wild Charge + typhoon is great for Assassins when they come out on you. Also, the faerie fire slow might be necessary if you don't have someone reliably slowing the adds. Last resort, bear form + might + barkskin + nature's grasp to keep the add off of you. If you don't have people AoE'ing the assassins, you can just root them and forget them.

(B) Symbiosis - If interrupts have been an issue, and you have aggro on archweavers, use cloak. Otherwise Unending resolve is a better choice, for tanking snipers, assassin shenanigans, and lose ironblades. If Ironblade disarms are an issue, grapple hook is a viable choice too.

(I) Treants, while good for damage on boss during defensive for no rage, will root your primary target. This is especially annoying when you're attempting to burst down a warshaman next to the boss. Be cognizant of this. It may be greater dps overall to just Inc this fight, due to the amount of time you may spend pooling treants (or popping treants without meta procs).

Malkorok

(I) Displacer beast can be used to soak last pool after the third shockwave to get out quickly. I believe it also jumps orbs without soaking, allowing you to get out of some potentially sticky situations in heroic.

(B) Cenarion Ward may be good to help soak puddles and fix your shield quickly (similar to Tortos)

Siegecrafter

(B) DoC or Nature's Vigil is best for belt duty.
(B) Unending Resolve may be a better symb choice, as a lot of the damage is physical (saws, drills, potentially death from above (I don't recall)

Paragons
(B) Bash is helpful for bloods.

edit: added Dark Shamans

#93 Zelidar

Zelidar

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

And a quick other one...

Garrosh

(B) Treants - Use your jugdment on popping the treants in the P2 zoned areas. If you pop them late, based on procs, they don't go down to the room with you, as far as I can tell.

#94 shrommer

shrommer

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:45 AM

hey, some balance advices for Garrosh Hellscream:

- desecrated triggers owlkin frenzy (only the debuff itself, not the damage)
- jade temple intermission: sunbeam silences 2-3 mobs
- preplant mushrooms for the mindcontrol while moving out of the desecrated weapon spawn location
- save shooting stars for the mindcontrol
- terrace of the endless spring intermission: use swipe to maximize your dps while running to garrosh

symbiosis:
- shaman: sunbeam for mobs in jade temple intermission
- rogue: cloak immunes you to whirling corruption and the missile cast on player while empowered
- warrior: second roar in terrace of the endless spring intermission
- death knight: near the same as rogue
- paladin: only stun for the empowered whirling corruption adds

hope this helps a bit and tell if i missed something. :)

shrommer

Edited by shrommer, 28 October 2013 - 12:46 AM.

#95 Sunshining

Sunshining

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

is there a special pack in the jade temple where you can silence more than one mob with the sunbeam? atm i can only beam 1 target...(tried various adds, hc mode)

Edited by Sunshining, 28 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#96 shrommer

shrommer

Glass Joe

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

in the first two groups you can silence the rightmost two (in the right pack the middle one) and i think its the same with the left group - but I`m not sure

Edited by shrommer, 28 October 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#97 Latas

Latas

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Wouldn't killing the adds on the terrace intermission before you get to the end be bad if they are carrying any of the orbs?

#98 Stabbaren

Stabbaren

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Wouldn't killing the adds on the terrace intermission before you get to the end be bad if they are carrying any of the orbs?

Pretty much, best way to do it is simply just to wait until the end and then start Aoe them.

On heroic you dont want to go cat form / swipe because of the voidzones that spawns randomly around the room and deals 350k~ and fears you.

#99 Juvencus

Juvencus

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

What happened to the OP? :<

#100 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Did it lose updated information? Or, was it always that out of date? It's possible someone reimported an older version of it from old site by mistake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users