Photo

Infraction for Shoveler: 7. Do not beg for hand-holding.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

User: Shoveler
Infraction: 7. Do not beg for hand-holding.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Your idea is interesting, but you're asking other people to do work for you without doing any yourself. That's not allowed. I'll move your post to the "simple questions" thread instead of just removing it, but this isn't as hard to answer as you think it is. The logic and math are complicated, but can be modeled by the simulator so we don't have to do the work by hand.

Original Post:

With the surplus of hit we see on gear now, I have often wondered of the benefit of actually embracing the idea of being over capped instead of reforging out of it, namely for crit.
In the past it has been shown that, with enough hit stacking as you approach (what now is) 26.5% hit, you see a slightly noticeable increase in KM procs. Bearing this in mind and factoring in the concept of realppm trinkets, I'm curious to know how beneficial this extra crit truly is with using two ToT trinkets, as well as it affecting our KM.
In this scenario, excess hit would act as the dual to haste in terms of increasing ppm.. just in a slightly different manner. If this means leaving enough excess hit (rather than reforging it to crit, as a last resort), is it possible to find a level of hit that would ultimately surpass the added benefit of crit? Or is this simply not realistic due to the large amounts of damage we do through HB? And in that case, is the possibility of an old school non-master frost playstyle -- revolving around Obliterates and RE (or FS depending on mastery levels) as main sources of damage -- still out of the question?

If I'm crazy in believing this hit increases our KM ppm, then ignore/flame me as you wish. Just some late night ramble since these forums are so empty these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users