Photo

Warning for PapaBoss: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

User: PapaBoss
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

It's good that you're thinking through things. But if you don't know the answer to a question, it's best to not reply. I'll move your post to the "simple questions" thread along with the post you responded to, but next time make sure to do some math or run a sim before submitting a post that just poses more questions.

Original Post:

I have often wondered of the benefit of actually embracing the idea of being over capped instead of reforging out of it, namely for crit. In the past it has been shown that, with enough hit stacking as you approach (what now is) 26.5% hit, you see a slightly noticeable increase in KM procs.

An in interesting and certainly novel idea. I read this, and re-read this and have seen two completely different ideas, I suppose that is from my sleep deprived state. But here is the synopsizes of what I read...

The first time I read this, I read it as follows: Stack hit to the point of 26.5% so you can get more KM procs. This to me seemed simple so far, but is this level of hit rating achievable? If yes, is it achievable while not majorly sacrificing your other secondary stats? I feel like if this could be almost a balancing act of hit and your other stats to achieve that "harmony" too where all your attacks save Obliterate(w/KM) aren't hitting like wet noodles. That is of course if you are using the old "Hastefrost" rotation.

The second time I read this, I read it as follows: Reforge excess amounts of crit, mastery, etc., etc. into more hit to generate more KM procs. So as opposed to simply stacking hit to X point, you take your secondary stats that you deem you have too much of or is particularly less useful, and put it into hit. Again, seems like a "harmony" will need to be achieved but in a slightly different way. Decide which stat is too high and balance it with hit.

It would help if you could clear this up. But maybe it is just me reading this and being completely exhausted. But testing will have to be done. I think it may be best (and easiest) to start with seeing if 26.5% hit is achievable.

A question this may pose; Does this make Draenei, who get a hit bonus, higher up on the race list as far as the best race goes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users