Earthbreaker Haromm

Mainhand
    Seismic Bore
    Iron Juggernaut

Offhand
    Seismic Bore
    Iron Juggernaut

[/table]

Edited by CountCardboard, 11 December 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#142 Zalifur

Zalifur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

I just switched to Combat a few days ago, and I've been wondering what the exact rotation is. I can't seem to find the correct rotation anywhere. 

#143 Twoboxer

Twoboxer

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

I just switched to Combat a few days ago, and I've been wondering what the exact rotation is. I can't seem to find the correct rotation anywhere. 

The first post in this thread links to an "Article" that contains the rotation.

Here's a direct pointer: http://forums.elitis...at_and_Rotation

#144 Zôdak

Zôdak

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

For the BiS what is it based of of shadowcraft simulation numbers or simcrafts, I ask for two reasons one I want to tinker with it and two I would like to see the reforges. Has someone done a mock up on showcraft, I looked though all the posts and I did not see one with the BiS list being used. Thanks a lot :)

#145 Zalifur

Zalifur

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

The first post in this thread links to an "Article" that contains the rotation.

Here's a direct pointer: http://forums.elitis...at_and_Rotation

Right, I was just wondering what your opening sequence would be. I read a bit ago that it was Ambush > RvS > SnD > SS to 5 CP + 5 Anticipation Charges > KS > CDS > Rupture > DPS but that was ages ago, and I'm not sure if that's still the case. It feels quite slow to me, but I don't know if that's just because Sub was a lot quicker. 

Apologies for the post.

#146 phup

phup

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

I do Rvs > SS > SnD > 2xSS to get to low insight > KS > 2 x SS to get energy back down > AR/SB > normal dps rotation.  The only time i do ambush now is if I'm in deep insight with AR down and vanish comes off CD, otherwise i'd rather use RvS/SS to advance guile. I doubt it makes much difference either way however.

One thing though, you never want to get to 5 Anticipation points if you can avoid it because it will waste the CP you get from ruthlessness.

#147 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:34 PM

I've been going Ambush > SnD > KS off of pulls because trinket procs account for a lot of bonus agility and using KS sooner rather than later gets a huge bump in burst dps.  It does mean I cap energy but I like seeing big numbers.

#148 phup

phup

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

my trinkets proc for 20 secs and 10 secs, so i can normally get SnD running and get to shallow insight (5gcd) for the 10% damage boost and still use KS before the trinket buffs fade.  Even bigger numbers.  But if you are using the Ticking Ebon Detonator, that immediate KS may be better, dunno.

#149 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah, I have the Detonator trinket still.  I would be using a more typical opening like the rest of you otherwise.

#150 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

edit: Rupture Damage doesn't scale with insight levels btw, and insight levels have a whole lot less to say about general damage than trinketprocs do (well, the SoO trinkets do)

I was going over this thread and noticed this comment about rupture and insight levels, which is contrary to the guide warning us about clipping higher insight level ruptures with lower ones.

Can I get some clarification?  No one addressed this comment and the topic changed to the Crimson Tempest vs. Blade Flurry discussion shortly afterwards.

Edited by dommy, 10 January 2014 - 01:55 AM.

#151 Pathal

Pathal

Don Flamenco

• • Guide Author
  • 349 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

But that's the reason...?

If you cast Rupture at BG30, it will keep ticking for the same damage even after BG30 ends. So if you refresh Rupture at no insight level, it will remove all but 1 tick of BG30, and 1 tick will lose that 30% bonus damage. Changing insight doesn't change the damage of pre-existing DoTs anymore.

The only time it's ever a good idea to refresh Rupture early is if you have more damage procs outside of BG30 that generate a >30% burst, for the most part. In most cases, it's a bad idea to do so.

#152 dommy

dommy

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:11 AM

Oh crap, I read the phrase "rupture damage doesn't scale with insight level" to mean that insight level has zero effect on rupture at all ever (so that clipping between insight levels was irrelevant).  My bad.  Thanks.

Edited by dommy, 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#153 nerdstomper

nerdstomper

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

Would having 180-220ms(oceanic server) completely negate the slight DPS advantage ofcombat over assassination?  As mutilate the latency the delay is almost a non-factor but I can definitely feel the difference on lust/adrenaline rush as combat.

#154 Palanuial

Palanuial

Don Flamenco

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

There's a latency parameter in the settings, right above professions.

#155 nolfEJ

nolfEJ

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Do combat rogues really switch fast off-hand weapon for slow one, when killing spree is up?

#156 frigginwizard

frigginwizard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Do combat rogues really switch fast off-hand weapon for slow one, when killing spree is up?

No combat rogues that I know are weapon swapping. We use a slow weapon in our offhands full time.  

I cant speak to lower gear levels because I didnt switch to combat until I got to ~570ish, but weapon swapping triggers a global cool down, and there aren't really a lot of free global cool downs, let alone a free one right before a killing spree.

#157 Elbereth

Elbereth

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

No combat rogues that I know are weapon swapping. We use a slow weapon in our offhands full time.  

I cant speak to lower gear levels because I didnt switch to combat until I got to ~570ish, but weapon swapping triggers a global cool down, and there aren't really a lot of free global cool downs, let alone a free one right before a killing spree.

If you had a 1.80 dagger with ilvl 553 and 2.60 wep from flex, which one you would choose ?

I'd always think the one with higher dps would be better - so but not sure.

Also, do you guys use anything to track Bandit's Guile ? Weak Auras or any other addon ?

#158 frigginwizard

frigginwizard

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

If you had a 1.80 dagger with ilvl 553 and 2.60 wep from flex, which one you would choose ?

I'd always think the one with higher dps would be better - so but not sure.

Also, do you guys use anything to track Bandit's Guile ? Weak Auras or any other addon ?

I would use Shadowcraft to determine which weapon to use.  

I use the Bandits Guile Helper addon

#159 paulsen

paulsen

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Should we wait for higher insight levels to use AR+SB, considering how much assurance drops the CD's, or just blast them away when we see a chance to stand still? Does Shadowcraft take this into account?

Edit: removed the part about KS since I found the answer to that..

Edited by paulsen, 21 February 2014 - 09:31 AM.

#160 eli371

eli371

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hey all, 
So I just started playing WoW again after being gone for almost 2 years, played Assassination in WotLK and Combat through DS heroic.
I read through all 8 pages here and have come up with a few questions.
Firstly, on the Combat and Rotation page under the stat weights it says "7.5% Hit > 7.5% Expertise > 2x Haste > Agility > Haste > Mastery > Crit" - I don't know if I'm completely missing something but I can't figure out what "2x haste" is referring to. 

Secondly, I notice that these posts are from 6 months ago, but on the Combat and Rotation page it states "Always use a slow(2.6s speed) mainhand and that 1.8 and 2.6 weapons were close for offhands" while a few posts up frigginwizard said: 

No combat rogues that I know are weapon swapping. We use a slow weapon in our offhands full time.  

So, does the Combat and Rotation page need to be changed to include that 1.8 daggers are no longer viable as OH weapons due to changes in recent tier? or did frigginwizard just make a mistake.

Thanks.

Edited by eli371, 24 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users