Photo

Warning for arison: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Narcosleepy

Narcosleepy

It's not you. Really. I hate everyone.

• ♦ Administrators
  • 8728 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:02 PM

User: arison
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

I appreciate yours, and other's, recent point of view on the thread and the guide. I will be taking time to go over things this weekend in the thread and see if we can't find a happy medium to things. Posts like this, while not wholly incorrect, don't add to things in a positive way. They turn into a bit of a "gang up on person X" thing which we'd like to avoid. I am moving the post out for that reason, using this 0 point warning to communicate to you what is going on and if you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to PM me.

Thanks.

Original Post:

Nooska, as the guide maintainer, the way I see it is you have two choices. One is to put in the effort to do rigorous, validated, and accurate theory crafting that is generally accepted by the community, or use more of the available tools and accept the conclusions they give. You seem to do neither, ignoring both the experience of Hunters who *are* raiding content in the current patch and *are* seeing the new mechanics (principally RPPM) as well as ignoring the results of tools such as simc and Esoth's spreadsheet. This is a disservice to the raiding Hunter community (which you don't seem to be a part of anymore).

The job of a guide maintainer is not to dictate what reality is; it is to provide the data the community helps create, present relevant discussion and results, and keep it updated as the class evolves. You seem to think it is a place where your own personal theories get to be stated as fact... which is a shame because your intuitive, hand-wavy, non-consensus based theory crafting is just plain wrong and, as far as I can tell, no one really agrees with your conclusions.

Please either delete the guide or come back to reality and update it to reflect the opinions of the community and facts of the current tier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users