Photo

Warning for Kanael: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jessamy

Jessamy

Struck by Diax's Rake

• Moderators
  • 4,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Post: [Ret 5.2 MoP] Retribution Concordance (RetCon) - Who ordered the Mogu'gai Panda?
User: Kanael
Infraction: 6. Do not post unless you have something new and worthwhile to say.

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

This should have been a PM.

Original Post:

If I know there is about 30 seconds left on a boss fight, ES just comes off cd, and the icd of my shado-pan trinket has 3 sec remaining I am going to wait for my trinket to proc before casting ES for the final time. The same principle applies to using wings when there is under 2 mins left to a fight and guardian with under 5 mins remaining. If we know we will not get another use then we need to do our best to stack our cds with as many modifiers as possible.

I am impressed that you can somewhat tell how long a boss will last during a bossfight.

Your 2 points below are valid arguments on why some people should track trinket ICDs:

If I know there is about 30 seconds left on a boss fight, ES just comes off cd, and the icd of my shado-pan trinket has 3 sec remaining I am going to wait for my trinket to proc before casting ES for the final time.

With this said, for anyone who is new to figuring out when to use things on cd and when it's ok to delay for some overlap, it becomes much easier once your guild has pulled a certain boss multiple times and you can develop timings for each of your cds specifically for how your guild does that encounter. For instance, this week my guild killed normal Durumu in about 5 mins 45 sec. Now that I know the approximate fight length the boss will take next week (over 5:30 and below 6 mins) I can safely delay my third wings to stack with my 2nd guardian at the 5 minute mark, along with my str pot.

(need to think on this)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users