• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:12 AM

Five days ago, while fighting Horridon 10N, I noticed some Horridon's Charge warnings were not working properly:

- Raid warnings: The Raid Warnings for Charge were working just fine, telling me who is going to get the charge.

- Cooldown bars: Only about half of the charge cooldowns were shown in the bars (meaning no charge cooldown was shown before half of its charges) and the timing for the ones being shown were not right, the bars fill about 10 seconds before the actual charges.

- Shout: The guy getting the charges was not /d ing it either, I was the target of several charges along the night and my char didn't /d any of them.

- Special warnings: I didn't get the special warning when I was the target of the charges either.

(all the options for "Charge" were activated in my DBM configuration)

I tried to solve this during the raid: I logged off, downloaded an updated version of DBM from wowcurse (I missed the last patch, somehow), logged on again, and continue wiping to Horridon; This didn't fix the problems, though.

Today I have gone through the changelog of the new version of DBM at wowcurse (5.2.5), but I haven't seen anything about Horridon.

Thanks for your attention.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

it may or may not work in some non english clients still as not all versions of charge emote are localized correctly. As for timer, it's a cooldown and won't be used when bar completes all the time. sometimes the boss will delay it, especially if he channels a double swipe first or is mind controlled into a door.

what we need to know is, what language client do you play on? what language client do others in raid play on?

#3 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

As for timer, it's a cooldown and won't be used when bar completes all the time. sometimes the boss will delay it, especially if he channels a double swipe first or is mind controlled into a door.

Thank you, that makes sense.

what we need to know is, what language client do you play on? what language client do others in raid play on?

My whole raid use Spanish.

#4 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:00 PM

My whole raid use Spanish.

That's a problem for this fight, as DBM relies on the text of the emote for this warning.

But you can help us with fixing it :)

The boss does an emote when selecting its target:

Horridon sets his eyes on <NAME> and stamps his tail!

Can you post the spanish version of that emote here? You can save a chat log in WoW by typing /chatlog, which will save the chat in a text file in the Logs folder after logging out.

Also, there is another emote which we don't have the spanish translation for at the moment.

Farraki forces pour from the Farraki Tribal Door!

I'll put these localizations in the mod, once you (or anyone else with a spanish client) posts them here. Having just one player with an updated mod in the raid will fix this for everyone, thanks to the sync system :)

#5 Tikal

Tikal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

I hijack this thread because I have the same problem with the frFR client.
I've solved the issue with the editing of the localization file, but for the others french user :

For the charge
Horridon pose les yeux sur <Player> et fait battre sa queue !

For the first add that come with a new door.
Des Farraki surgissent de la porte tribale farraki !

Every space or upper-case are checked. (for exemple the space before the exclamation mark)

#6 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

French localisations added. just need the ES ones now. i'm skeptical of google translate one i threw in there for now are going to be accurate enough.

#7 Tikal

Tikal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thanks Mystical.

I've found a spanish video of horridon.
Perhaps it may help you

Horridon Heroic by Eureka - YouTube

#8 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

my internet too slow to watch it at anything but 240 or 360 but maybe tandanu can crank it up enough to read text

#9 Tikal

Tikal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Posted Image
¡Horridonte fija la vista en <Player> y golpea con su cola!

Posted Image
¡Las fuerzas Farraki salen en tropel desde la puerta tribal Farraki!

#10 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

¡Horridonte fija la vista en <Player> y golpea con su cola!
¡Las fuerzas Farraki salen en tropel desde la puerta tribal Farraki!

I'm a native Spanish speaker, and I can confirm that Tikal's transcription from the video is proper Spanish.

I will be fighting Horridon in about 10 hours and I will save the chatlog, just to check that Horridon's Spanish emotes have not change since that video was recorded.

#11 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

In fact, I will be saving the chatlogs for all bosses of Throne of Thunder and create a git patch for the Spanish localization.

#12 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 774 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

Other bosses that require localized strings to work properly are as follows. Keep them in mind when doing your chat log. I pushed the horridon update though so that should work in alpha now.
An interesting side note is fact that horridon is a he in english client and a her in ES one. blizzard mistake?

Ji-Kun

eggsHatchL = "The eggs in one of the lower nests begin to hatch!",
eggsHatchU = "The eggs in one of the upper nests begin to hatch!",

Megaera

rampageEnds = "Megaera's rage subsides."

Dark Animus

Pull = "The orb explodes!"

Twin Consorts

DuskPhase = "Lu'lin! Lend me your strength!"

#13 sueñalobos

sueñalobos

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

I have just send a git patch by email to tandanu and nitram as instructed in DBM-Core/localization.es.lua with the Spanish localization for Jin'rokh, Horridon, Council of Elders and Tortos for tag 5.2.5.

Other bosses that require localized strings to work properly are as follows. Keep them in mind when doing your chat log. I pushed the horridon update though so that should work in alpha now.
An interesting side note is fact that horridon is a he in english client and a her in ES one. blizzard mistake?

Ji-Kun

Megaera

Dark Animus

Twin Consorts

Just seen your last post, thank you very much, my next patch will be based on the last version available.

Horridon is also a masculine name in Spanish, it may be a Blizzard mistake.

Send me a private message if you would like to receive patches by alternative means (other than email) or a link where I can find more information about how to collaborate with you.

#14 Tandanu

Tandanu

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

Your patch is in r9477, thanks!

#15 Tikal

Tikal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

mmm, the forum seems to not appreciate special char.

http://tikalbook.fre...igwigs frFR.txt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users