Photo

[Waiting] DBM won't load at instance/scenario/raid, etc, but present in game.

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 ikruglov

ikruglov

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hello there.

I play WoW from start WotLK, also i use DBM from that time. And i never have any problem with DBM, until now.
Suddenly, a few days ago, i notice, that in any raid / instance / scenario, so anywhere where DBM can work, DBM not work at all.

I try to do the following:
1. Reinstall DBM
2. Reinstall WoW
3. Completely reinstall OS (clean install)
But nothing help.

I can load DBM UI ("/dbm" in game), try to disable addon, then enable it - but also nothing happen. So DBM present in game, i see all settings, can change it, but DBM refuse to interact with WoW environment.

What can i do with this problem?
Maybe additional info needed?

Thank you.

Config:
Windows 8 Pro x64
WoW x64 Client (5.2.0 build 16826)
Curse Client (5.1.1.730)
Latest version of DBM (Release version, also try Alpha version (5.2.5-32-g3e756c1)).

#2 ikruglov

ikruglov

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Suddenly, after some repetable actions (uninstall->install, clean Cache & WTF folder) the problem was gone.

I think, this topic should be closed or deleted.

#3 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

There were some loading issues in an earlier alpha. if you are using alpha releases this would have resolved itself after it was fixed on our end. that's likely cause of this. glad it is resolved now.

#4 Bulthazor

Bulthazor

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Hello

I always used DBM at raid an some new dungeons, to see waht i can expect really a gread addon!!

But today when doing ICC with a few guildies, we noticed that some off use cant load WOTLK or Cataclysm raid an dugeons
so for some we didnt have the warnings, we can load all Panadaria Raids an dungeons though!!

Other members that never had to reinstal the addon or the game, didnt had this problem.

What to do here, is it maybe a bug in the newest version? I dont know

tried updating it trough Curse client but that didn't help :-(

#5 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

make sure those mods are updated separately. I've observed no loading problems with cata and wrath zones and i did ICC just last week. make sure you are using latest release or latest alpha, some in between alpha may not work right of core.

#6 ikruglov

ikruglov

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Bulthazor, you may try to completely uninstall all DBM addon's.
Then delete WoW "Cache" folder and, if available, DBM files in "WTF" folder.
Then, after restart operation system (OS), try to install again DBM main and all other (if needed) addons.

As MysticalOS said, please use latest version. Now i use only latest DBM Alpha versions (updating via Curse Client). You may choose manual update or update via alternative addon management clients.

#7 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

By latest versions i also mean updating the old mod packs too. core doesn't include modules for ICC for example, so you need to update the wrath of the lich king mods separately. These mods get updated too sometimes when core has changes and the old mods have to be updated to adapt to them as well. therefor, old versions of old mods may no longer work correctly

#8 Theo

Theo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Hello,

I am having issue with loading DBM on alts for some reason. I noticed this the other day when I was running MSV on my druid and I realized on Stone Guardians that I didn't have any timers or anything showing up. After the boss I pulled up DBM and noticed that the addon was not loading for some reason for MSV. I loaded it and even used the test option to see if the announcements would show up, which they did on the test, but still with no luck I didn't have anything come up on Feng the Accursed. After the boss died I logged out to ensure the addons were truly selected to load on the character which they were. I am kind of at a loss currently because dbm works perfectly well on my main but I cannot get it to work on my alt. Any suggestions?

#9 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

post af full list of mods that alt runs. you must be running something that causes gross interference with the map perhaps? something that's flat out preventing dbm from getting an accurate mapid on zone change on that char?

also make sure as mentioned previously you have latest version of DBM.

#10 Theo

Theo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

On my druid I am currently running:

NPC Scan
Ackis Recipe Scan
AltClicktoAddItem
ArkInventory
Auctionator
BadKitty
Bartender4
BattlegroundsTargets
Chatter
Clique
Fishing Buddy
Mik's Scrolling Combat Text
OQueue
Paste
Pitbull Unit Frames 4.0
Postal
Quartz
ReforgeLite
SafeQueue
TinyTip
TomTom
Trinket Menu
Vuhdo
DBM: Classic, BC, Wrath, Cata & Pandaria Core

My DBM is up to date currently and like i said before it works on my main just not on my alt. The only addon that is on the alt that isn't on my main is Badkitty but I have disabled it and it doesn't seem to affect it.

#11 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

try 9649

i was able to reproduce a failure to load tonight do to the combat load delay code still (couple guildies did as well). i changed that code some more to hopefully be even more robust.

#12 Theo

Theo

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

Sorry for the delayed response. Anyway it seems to work now. Thank you for looking into it for me.

#13 JuJu100

JuJu100

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hi all :)

I have been using DBM for the last few years, really love the addon! But today I have noticed that it fails to load unless I do it manually, on all chars. This is happening for both World Bosses and instances, and even Darkmoon Faire. I have deleted the WTF files, deleted then re-installed DBM too, but it still does not appear to be loading unless I do it myself. Have I inadvertently changed some kind of setting? I can't remember ever altering anything in the addon though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Edit - just loaded it manually to do Oondasta, and it seems to have completely stopped working for me, no messages to any whispers, no notifications of Frill Blast etc, not a sausage.

#14 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

if you did not EXIT GAME when you updated new version, this would happen. the latest update will require a clean launch of wow after installing, reload ui would NOT work because EVERY toc file was modified

#15 Leilaa

Leilaa

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

I have the same problem as JuJu100.
When I am on the Darkmoon Faire DBM won't load.
Also both World Bosses and instances won't load.
It won't even load when I click on 'load manually".

I completely deleted DBM and installed it again via Curse, but still no luck.
I ALWAYS Exit Game before I install or upgrade addons, so that could not be the cause.

Perhaps something else that could be wrong ?

I have this problem since the latest upgrade.

Thanks

#16 JuJu100

JuJu100

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

Hi both, thanks for the replies.

Mystical, I always do a clean restart after updating any addon, so I am pretty sure this isn't the problem.

It seems to be completely not working at all now, even with /dbm - it gives me this lua:

ate: 2013-07-08 00:09:17
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
DBM_GUI_Option_101:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named '(null)'
Debug:
[C]: SetPoint()
DBM-GUI\DBM-GUI.lua:1941: ?()
DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1306: LoadGUI()
DBM-Core\DBM-Core.lua:1120: ?()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4391: ChatEdit_ParseText()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4085: ChatEdit_SendText()
..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4124: ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed()
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1:
[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1
Locals:
(*temporary) = DBM_GUI_Option_101 {
0 = <userdata>
mytype = "colorselect"
}
(*temporary) = "TOPLEFT"
(*temporary) = <table> {
parent = <table> {
}
frame = DBM_GUI_Option_100 {
}
framename = "DBM_GUI_Option_100"
}
(*temporary) = "TOPLEFT"
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = -155

AddOns:
Swatter, v4.3.1 (<%codename%>)
ArkInventory, v30328
ArkInventoryRules, v
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.332(/embedded)
BadBoy, v12.041
Configator, v5.1.DEV.344(/embedded)
DBMCore, v
DBMGUI, v
DBMSpellTimers, v
Gatherer, v4.3.1
HealBot, v5.3.0.5
HealBotTips, v5.3.0.5
MageNuggets, v3.37
MyRolePlay, v5.3.0.103
OmniCC, v5.3.1
Recount, v
TomTom, vv50300-1.0.1
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.3.0.50300 <eu>
(ck=1a5)

I closed game, deleted WTF, cleared cache. Opened the game and got that lua. Saw there was an update to DBM (a few minutes ago). Closed game, downloaded update, repeated cleaing of WTF and Cache, and same lua happened when I tried to open/load DBM.

Hope this helps.

#17 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

ah you are using alphas, that error should be fixed now.

although i'm unaware of any alpahs that load problems, just gui problems while i worked through special warning updates. that specific error will be solved

#18 JuJu100

JuJu100

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hello again

Well, if it helps, I did not get the lua error when I tried to load dbm this time since I downloaded the new update! However, it still does not appear to be loading automatically, and again, once I did a manual load, it still does not work.

#19 AP1500

AP1500

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

I have also the same problem as JuJu100

I did uninstall DBM and delete WTF folder but still doesnt work for me either.

Ragards Seasparrow

#20 wardmetal

wardmetal

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

I use the Curse client. I updated yet again, started Wow... nothing in the Faire. I did /dbm and loaded the world events... still, no countdowns or anything I can see/hear at the fair.

Forgive-Hyjal

Thanks for your time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users