• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

I can't seem to grasp, what way, the beam turns.. I get lucky half the time, and then the maze is easy-peasy.. However, I fail on which side of the beam to stand on..

Is it possible to have something visual added, that show if I need to be on left or right side of of the boss, e.g. similar to Attenuation in HoF..

#2 Tauftamir

Tauftamir

Still not crusading

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

The floor gets about fifty purple "lightning lines" on the side you need to stand on about 5seconds after he begins channelling the beam.
Stand at the beam and look at the floor, its very obvious if you look for it.

Blacksen is actually a computer AI developed by IBM to tackle the world's hardest AI problem: Out-trolling Zyla.

#3 FuxieDK

FuxieDK

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I've heard that explanation before (or something similar), but it doesn't help (me)..

By the time, I see the purple stuff, the beam is already active and can't be crossed.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Pretty much what Taufamir says. Stand IN the beam initially. whatever side gets eye sore FIRST is cirrect side. basically the entire room fills but starts on the safe side and ends on the unsafe side

There is nothing mods can do for this either as blizzard explicitly turned off the direction spellids so mods like DBM can't tell you which side is safe side like they could on the PTR. The visual really is obvious though once you realize what to look for.

#5 Shadefoot

Shadefoot

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

The "lightning lines" are lighter purple than the bad purple during the maze. They are quite thin and feint but definitely visible if, like suggested, you stand under the beam (think more spiderweb than carpet). Assuming you move under the beam line pretty much immediately, you get a second or two of waiting, then the lightning shows and you have a second or two to move.
This video might help too.

#6 Haruruk

Haruruk

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Stand BEHIND the boss as he begins to cast the spell and wait for the lines mentioned earlier to appear. The beam always rotates in the direction of those lines. If you are on the back half of that boss you can even cross under him. Keep your cool; patience is the key to successfully find rotation and navigation of the maze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users