• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

i keep getting that message whenever i exit combat.

i have the most up to date version of DBM through curse.

anybody else get this? any fixes?

thanks.

#2 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

it keeps going forever or just once when you enter an inprogress LFR?

does it stop in other words or does it get stuck doing this?

#3 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

it seems to only happen when i enter a in progress raid. like i entered last stand LFR, they were in combat on some trash, b4 the first boss. and from that point on, it would say that message once, each time i exited combat.

and on the second boss, i had to "load addon" under bosses and ToT in the DBM options menu for it to work on the boss.

strangely, started working on last boss by itself.

#4 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

i see. this debug helps i think. so you saw message EVERY time you left combat, and mod never loaded on it's own?
what specific messages did you see?

I'm starting to think i know what problem is now. It's infinite looping because it never successfully loads. I thought it was failing out and not doing anything but it is infact infinite looping which debug has finally shown us.

Gonna have to really do some more debugging somehow

#5 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

"DBM Debug: Attempting to load queued mods" was the exact message appearing in white text in the chat section. and yes it never loaded on it own until i typed /dbm and then went to bosses->tot->and i selected the first boss in ToT, then hit the "load addon" button.

thanks for the help, i hope you can find something.

#6 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

So you saw this

print("DBM Debug: Attemping to load queued mods")

but never saw these?

print("DBM Debug: loading ", modname)

problem has to be here then

"for i, v in ipairs(loadDelay) do"

i still think that if loadDelay is a table then it just flat fails. wish this was easier to debug locally. but I'll try

#7 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

I believe the problem is resolved in 9700+

#8 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

yes. "DBM Debug: Attemping to load queued mods" is exactly what i saw. i never saw the other one you posted.

and you said the problem is resolved in 9700+? is that a new revision of DBM? is it like a developer version of DBM that hasn't been released yet?

Where can i find this new version? i would certainly use it, because with LFR, i very frequently enter a raid that is already in progress. which is the only time this particular problem arises.

#9 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

well i believe i just found it it. i went to my curse program, and clicked on preferred release type, and checked alpha, and sure enough there is a alpha release for download. i will install it and run with it today on several LFR groups.

I will post back if the issue i posted is resolved and also report any other bugs that i notice.

thanks man.

#10 MysticalOS

MysticalOS

French Hacker

• ♦ Administrators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

been testing it a bit. the last release tag ended up having bugs i don't like. mainly load bug but also the new trash mod i added to HoF is broken beyond usefulness, and i really wanted that mod to help LFR have a smoother experience through tayak's trash. Because of these things, I'd expect another release very soon. Please report any bugs you find in alpha though so next release isn't quite so broke :)

#11 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

well i just joined a in progress LFR. entered and they were on combat with some trash b4 last boss, just like b4 when i started getting the DBM Debug message. and this time, no debug message!! so it seems the alpha version of the newest release has solved that issue!! i also noticed no bugs of any kind. everything seems to be working perfectly.

will be doing more LFR's tonight, so if anything bad happens, i will make a post. if not, then all is well! hurry to push that alpha up to full release :P

thanks for the help, MysticalOS. :)

#12 moraelyn

moraelyn

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

This error just started happening to me as well. The mini map button also is not showing. Have also been having trouble getting my other addons to load while DBM is on. I just downloaded and re=installed the latest version of DBM, but it hasn't changed. Any help would be appreciated :)

#13 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

This error just started happening to me as well. The mini map button also is not showing. Have also been having trouble getting my other addons to load while DBM is on. I just downloaded and re=installed the latest version of DBM, but it hasn't changed. Any help would be appreciated :)

this is what fixed it for me. open up your curse program where all your addons are listed, right click on DBM addon, and go to where it says "preferred release type" and select alpha. when you do that, rescan your addons, and you will see that it will say there is a alpha update for DBM. install it.

that solved the issue for me.

#14 joe_nvidio828

joe_nvidio828

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

been testing it a bit. the last release tag ended up having bugs i don't like. mainly load bug but also the new trash mod i added to HoF is broken beyond usefulness, and i really wanted that mod to help LFR have a smoother experience through tayak's trash. Because of these things, I'd expect another release very soon. Please report any bugs you find in alpha though so next release isn't quite so broke :)

just did another LFR and didnt notice any bugs what so ever. so i will keep using the alpha release till a full stable release is ready. but i will still report any bugs i find. if there are any. :P

thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users