• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 Arvak-

Arvak-

Von Kaiser

• Allied Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

I've been noticing simc weighs crits slightly higher than haste even though I'm wearing Renataki, Juju, and legendary meta-gem. Is this a discrepency in how it plots RPPM or what?

#42 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

I've been noticing simc weighs crits slightly higher than haste even though I'm wearing Renataki, Juju, and legendary meta-gem. Is this a discrepency in how it plots RPPM or what?

This is really difficult to respond to without more information. In general, when people have come to me with similar claims about Simc or FD valuing different weights with RPPM items equipped, it has turned out to be remnants of some previous experiment the user had performed that changed 1) shot priority, 2) talents, or 3) internal computations within simc that created a custom scenario that did not reflect in game mechanics or performance. Debugging this for someone else can be a real pain. I would suggest looking into either of these first, if you haven't already. Worst case, try reinstalling or resetting everything to defaults. Reinstalling should be the more surefire way to correct the issue though.

#43 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:48 AM

We expect 5.4 to hit September 10th, and right now, unless they add further damage compensation for the Readiness and RPPM nerfs, we will see a drop of about 5-10k dps in the ToT profiles from 5.3 to 5.4.

Here is a listing of the current PTR changes that are relevant to BM:

5.4 PTR Current

Items

• All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. This means all enchantments can now be applied to heirloom items.
  • High level enhancements applied to items equipped by low level players have their power scaled down to be similar to enhancements intended for that level range.
  • Low level enhancements applied to items equipped by high level players do not grow further in power beyond their intended level range.
  • Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by the Shado-Pan Assault now have their reputation requirements reduced to Friendly or below, and have their Valor Point cost reduced by 34%.
  • Epic quality (purple) Valor items sold by all other Mists of Pandaria faction quartermasters no longer have reputation requirements, and will now cost Justice Points instead of Valor.
  • Rare quality (blue) items have their Justice Point cost reduced by 75%.
  • No changes for items that require an Exalted reputation.
  • Trinket, enchant, set bonus, and legendary meta-gem effects whose triggered effect benefits from haste no longer also have their chance to trigger the benefit from haste. Activation chances for those effects have been adjusted to compensate. (RPPM nerf)

Hunter General

• The following Hunter pet abilities no longer cost Focus to use: Dash, Dive, and Charge.
  • Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%. (Arcane shot buff)
  • Arcane Shot An instant shot that causes 125% weapon damage plus 2,378 (2,882) as Arcane damage. Requires Ranged Weapon. 30 Focus. 40 yd range. (Arcane Shot nerf--less weapon damage, slightly more base damage)--Build 17331
  • Lynx Rush Your pet rapidly charges from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec. Each attack causes the target to bleed for [ 330 + 14.5% [ 430 + 19% of AP ] damage over 15 sec, stacking up to 9 times. The pet must be within 10 yards of the target to Lynx Rush. Hunter - LvL 75 Talent. 100 yd range. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown. (Lynx Rush buff)--Build 17337
  • Kill Command (Beast Mastery) Give the command to kill, causing your pet to instantly inflict [ 1,215 + 140.1% [ 1,627 + 163.2% of RAP ] damage to its target and apply the Hunter's Mark effect. (Kill Command buff)--Build 17331
  • Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
  • Deterrence now has a 3-minute cooldown (up from 2 minutes) but has 2 charges.
  • Disengage now has a cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 25 seconds).
  • Explosive Trap had its overall damage decreased by 30%. Proportionately, more damage has been removed from the initial damage than the periodic effect.
  • Hunter's Mark now has a duration of 20 seconds while in PvP combat (down from 30 seconds).
  • Readiness has been removed. (Readiness removed)
  • Revive Pet no longer requires the Hunter to have line-of-sight to their pet.
  • Stampede damage dealt by pets when the ability is used outside of an Arena or Battleground is no longer reduced by 75%
  • Aimed Shot A powerful aimed shot that deals 400% ranged weapon damage plus 12,612 450% ranged weapon damage plus 12,339. Does not affect BM.--Build 17331
  • Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [ 453 + 36.3% [ 488 + 39.1% of RAP ] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec and applying the Hunter's Mark effect. Does not affect BM.--Build 17331
  • Disengage no longer requires being in combat--Build 17227

Talents

• A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage. (AMoC buff)
  • Aspect of the Iron Hawk now reduces all damage taken by 10%, down from 15%.(AotIH nerf)
  • Glaive Toss no longer initiates auto-attack.
  • Narrow Escape's root effect is now a nature spell (was a physical spell).
  • Silencing Shot is no longer a talent and is now an ability that replaces Counter Shot for Marksman Hunters.
  • Spirit Bond now regenerates 3% of total health every 2 seconds while the Hunter's pet is active (up from 2%). (Spirit Bond buff)
  • Wyvern Sting now has a range of 40 yards (up from 35 yards).

Major Glyphs

• Glyph of the Lean Pack: Reduces the range of Aspect of the Pack to 7 yards.
  • Glyph of Enduring Deceit: Camouflage also reduces spell damage taken by 10%
  • Glyph of Mend Pet now has a 100% chance of cleansing 1 Curse, Disease, Magic or Poison effect from the Hunter's pet on each tick (up from 50% chance).
  • Glyph of Mending now speeds up the periodic effect of Mend Pet to restore health to the pet every 1 second doubling the total amount healed over 10 seconds.
  • Glyph of No Escape now increases the ranged critical strike chance against targets affected by the Hunter's Freezing Trap by 100% (up from 20% chance).

#44 McBlemmen

McBlemmen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Hi , you mention "Wild Hunt" wich , from context i assume increases pet dmg done if its focus is high, yet in game i cant seem to find it anywhere in my spellbook, am i missing something?

#45 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:06 AM

Wild Hunt is supposedly baked in right now. We see evidence of it in parses, but I haven't seen it in our spellbook like it used to be (was once a talent).

Feel free to try it out on a target dummy. Take off your trinkets or anything that will proc additional damage to remove bias. Turn off autocasting of pet abilities and let it attack a dummy. Press your abilities like Claw or Bite manually and note the damage with full focus. Now, turn on autocasting again and check the damage when your pet is low in focus. You should see a difference. This is built-in Wild Hunt.

Basic Attack Focus Cost Modifier - Spell - World of Warcraft

#46 Nooska

Nooska

King Hippo

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:01 AM

Wild Hunt used to be a pet talent, as Effin quite correctly says. The effect is now baked into our pets' basic attacks; Bite, Smack and Claw - note the last sentence in each of the spells.

#47 Mericet

Mericet

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:54 PM

For the most part you can safely ignore wild hunt and just let it do its thing, which is just to translate excess focus regen from haste or procs into damage since pets can only use their basic attack every 3 seconds at most. The only time you may want to do something about it is if you have a predictable burst DPS window coming up and you want to pool focus in order to get extra damage during the window. You can toggle your pet's basic attack off a few seconds in advance and then back on when you want to reengage.

The only time I've really tried to make use of this was AOEing ball lightning on heroic Lei Shen 25. It does take up space on your bars for the macro and it requires attention (if you accidentally forget to toggle the attack back on you'll be kicking yourself; I made a very obvious weakaura pop up whenever it's not autocasting so I always remember), but not all that terrible once you get used to it. I would just toggle it off whenever I ran out to spawn the ball lightning, and then back on right after hitting multi-shot. You could also macro turning it back on to multi-shot (I didn't because I wanted to also use the 'auto-cast on' macro to apply a tallstrider's dust cloud right when the adds are gripped in).

#48 Esoth

Esoth

Bald Bull

• • Guide Author
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

• Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%. (Arcane shot buff)
  • Disengage now has a cooldown of 20 seconds (down from 25 seconds).

Talents

• A Murder of Crows now deals 40% more damage. (AMoC buff)

Arcane Shots damage has been changed to only be 25% increased damage while still having a 50% increased cost. This may still be a buff (depending on spec) due to previous inability to actually use all focus effectively. Especially at the beginning of fights, we are often focus capped. Also, disengage was further changed to no longer require combat.

Also Lynx Rush was increased by 30%. I don't think Zeherah has this change in FD yet, but given that AMoC was out performing Lynx Rush before both were buffed, I think it's safe to say that AMoC remains on top if it can be fully utilized. The only question is whether Blink Strikes will out perform Lynx Rush in situations where AMoC is impractical.
Alts: http://www.esoth.com/wow/my-characters

Ion: Along with asking why we fight, and learning that our true enemy is war itself, a major theme of the Mists of Pandaria has been killing turtles

Hunter spreadsheet: http://www.esoth.com...t_download/file

#49 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

Also Lynx Rush was increased by 30%. I don't think Zeherah has this change in FD yet, but given that AMoC was out performing Lynx Rush before both were buffed, I think it's safe to say that AMoC remains on top if it can be fully utilized. The only question is whether Blink Strikes will out perform Lynx Rush in situations where AMoC is impractical.

Simc current results for each of the talents with the current PTR numbers (build 17345).
> simc10.exe ptr=1 threads=7 iterations=10000 Hunter_BM_T16H.simc copy=bm_moc talents=000211 copy=bm_lr talents=000231

398729  33.7%  bm_moc
 394927  33.4%  bm_blink_strikes
 389855  32.9%  bm_lr

#50 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Arcane Shots damage has been changed to only be 25% increased damage while still having a 50% increased cost. This may still be a buff (depending on spec) due to previous inability to actually use all focus effectively. Especially at the beginning of fights, we are often focus capped. Also, disengage was further changed to no longer require combat.

The post was made before the recent buffs to the hunter class on the PTR. I've tried to refrain from posting analysis of every change since then. However, I am monitoring MMO Champion and other forums and will certainly update the first post with the final numbers.

Additionally, I think it's worth noting that the AS damage was only increased from 110% to 125% from Live to PTR, meaning that we gained 13.6% (15%/110%, not 125-110%) damage to AS at a cost of 50% more focus. We were buffed slightly in other ways to bring us closer to Live damage, despite the major hit we took from the RPPM changes. Most heroic ToT raiding hunters should see roughly 5-10k dps loss (which is significantly better than it was before Build 17331). The resulting situation will mean that hunters will spend far more time in Cobra Shots in 5.4 than they did in 5.3, in order to regain enough focus to use other abilities (like our focus dump AS).

Lokrick's post is the first I've seen that shows AMoC above Blink Strikes for BM on the PTR. However, this may be after reforging crit > haste > mastery, instead of crit ~ haste > mastery or haste > crit > mastery (which is still popular in gear profiles until after the patch). Lynx Rush should not beat any of the other talents for BM. 30% is simply too low to compensate for the nerfs in early expansion and the loss of readiness. It's unfortunately a dead talent choice until they buff it significantly.

P.S. I've edited the earlier post to include the Kill Command, Arcane Shot, and other relevant changes to BM since that post on the PTR. I've also tried to include the build numbers on the new updates, so people can look them up.

#51 NoGoal

NoGoal

Von Kaiser

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

Simc current results for each of the talents with the current PTR numbers (build 17345).

> simc10.exe ptr=1 threads=7 iterations=10000 Hunter_BM_T16H.simc copy=bm_moc talents=000211 copy=bm_lr talents=000231

398729  33.7%  bm_moc
 394927  33.4%  bm_blink_strikes
 389855  32.9%  bm_lr

Could you also run it for fervor/db/toth? Actually, both would be nice i.e. (build 17331):

> simc.exe ptr=1 threads=7 iterations=10000 Hunter_BM_T16H.simc copy=bm_bs_fervor talents=000121 copy=bm_bs_toth talents=000321 copy=bm_moc_fervor talents=000111 copy=bm_moc_db talents=000211 copy=bm_moc_toth talents=000311

392078  16.9%  bm_moc_db
 388617  16.8%  Hunter_BM_T16H (bs_db)
 388453  16.8%  bm_moc_toth
 384631  16.6%  bm_bs_toth
 381062  16.5%  bm_moc_fervor
 379472  16.4%  bm_bs_fervor

#52 Esoth

Esoth

Bald Bull

• • Guide Author
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

Lynx Rush should not beat any of the other talents for BM. 30% is simply too low to compensate for the nerfs in early expansion and the loss of readiness. It's unfortunately a dead talent choice until they buff it significantly.

Fair enough, although Zeherah did add Lynx Rush to FD a few days ago and it surprisingly (to me) is running very well for Survival at least. +1126.14 (+0.49%) compared to Murder of Crows. +2353.34 (+1.02%) compared to Blink Strikes.

Also, using my current gear as BM (which has some haste reforging which isn't right for 5.4's RPPM state, to be fair) has Murder of Crows at a whopping +218.78 (+0.09%) over Blink Strikes for what that's worth. It's not easy to measure, but given the difficulties of pooling 60+ focus efficiently, the long duration of the dot and potential for the target to expire before then, and Blink Strikes superior target switching ability, +0.09% certainly isn't very attractive.
Alts: http://www.esoth.com/wow/my-characters

Ion: Along with asking why we fight, and learning that our true enemy is war itself, a major theme of the Mists of Pandaria has been killing turtles

Hunter spreadsheet: http://www.esoth.com...t_download/file

#53 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Could you also run it for fervor/db/toth? Actually, both would be nice i.e. (build 17331):

> simc.exe ptr=1 threads=7 iterations=10000 Hunter_BM_T16H.simc copy=bm_bs_fervor talents=000121 copy=bm_bs_toth talents=000321 copy=bm_moc_fervor talents=000111 copy=bm_moc_db talents=000211 copy=bm_moc_toth talents=000311

392078  16.9%  bm_moc_db
 388617  16.8%  Hunter_BM_T16H (bs_db)
 388453  16.8%  bm_moc_toth
 384631  16.6%  bm_bs_toth
 381062  16.5%  bm_moc_fervor
 379472  16.4%  bm_bs_fervor

398572  16.9%  bm_moc_db
395119  16.8%  Hunter_BM_T16H (bs_db)
394942  16.8%  bm_moc_toth
391290  16.6%  bm_bs_toth
387667  16.5%  bm_moc_fervor
386034  16.4%  bm_bs_fervor

The spread is just slightly better, and things are higher across the board. As Effinhunter observes, this may be in the range that different reforge change s the relative dps. Fervor is much worse than I expected.

#54 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I've posted 5.4 changes to abilities, talents, gemming, stat priorities, etc. to the main guide. I will try to post updates to the gear and raiding sections later.

#55 lordmogg

lordmogg

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Any thoughts as yet as to BIS for the new loot tabes etc coming in 5.4?

#56 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

The current BiS profile I'm starting from is the following (exportable to SimC). Note this is a troll profile. Orc will have to reforge into more expertise. Also, I will tweak this as the weeks go by. For now, my offset piece is the legs, but I haven't really done a lot of iterations on the gear.

Also, SimC is apparently simming much higher hunter dps than Femaledwarf is right now. The FD profile I am working from is at roughly 362k dps in HWF gear and shows DB/BS winning over DB/AMoC by ~1.2k dps. The SimC equivalent is posted earlier in this thread and is showing us simming at 398k dps for DB/AMoC and 2.5k dps less for DB/BS.

One of the reasons I am not updating 5.4 BiS yet is because I want to wait until the simulators stabilize with game mechanics before we jump too quickly on those bandwagons. SimC appears to be updated to a more recent build version (build 17345). Femaledwarf is slightly older, so we should expect it to change a bit.

FD profile: 363,042.88 dps

SimC export:

hunter="Hunter_BM_000221_70d991df"
level=90
race=troll
spec=beast_mastery
position=ranged_back
role=attack
talents=000221
professions=alchemy=600/enchanting=600
head=headguard_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99402,upgrade=2,ilevel=574,quality=epic,gems=capacitive_primal_160agi_180agi
neck=gleaming_eye_of_the_devilsaur,id=105602,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,reforge=haste_hit
shoulder=spaulders_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99404,upgrade=2,ilevel=574,quality=epic,reforge=exp_crit,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=200agi_100crit
back=fenyu_fury_of_xuen,id=102248,upgrade=2,ilevel=608,quality=,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=180hit
chest=tunic_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99405,upgrade=2,ilevel=574,quality=epic,reforge=haste_exp,gems=160agi_160agi_160agi_180agi,enchant=80agi_80sta
wrist=wristguards_of_ruination,id=105562,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,enchant=180agi
hand=gloves_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99406,upgrade=2,ilevel=574,quality=epic,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=170haste
waist=arrowflight_girdle,id=105584,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,gems=160agi_80agi_160crit_160agi_120agi
legs=leggings_of_unabashed_anger,id=105454,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,reforge=mastery_haste,gems=80agi_160hit_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit
feet=puddle_punishers,id=105410,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,reforge=hit_haste,gems=160agi_60mastery,enchant=140agi
ring1=kilruks_band_of_ascendancy,id=105624,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
ring2=ring_of_restless_energy,id=105558,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
trinket1=assurance_of_consequence,id=105472,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic
trinket2=ticking_ebon_detonator,id=105612,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic
main_hand=hiseks_reserve_longbow,id=105623,upgrade=2,ilevel=580,quality=epic,reforge=haste_hit,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=lord_blastingtons_scope_of_doom
summon_pet=generic_no_buffs

Anyway, the preceding is only a first cut at BiS. I'm watching the simulators, and I expect this to change slightly after 5.4 launches. The previous BiS went over dozens of iterations as the simulators became more in tune with in game mechanics.

Edit: P.S. for those curious, all 5 tier pieces equipped simulates at about 500 dps less than the above, so there's not that much gain from an offset--yet.

#57 Rivkah

Rivkah

Great Tiger

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

FD should be up to date with the latest PTR mechanics as far as I know. If you know of a change that's happened since my last update or one I'm missing please let me know. I'll have to take a look when I get a chance and see if I can figure out whether there are any bugs causing the gap in dps.

One thing to note when comparing the sims is that the default raid buff configuration in simc I believe includes stormlash and skull banner (not sure how many) whereas my default does not since the number of stormlash and skull banners available in a raid varies. Your saved setting does not include these.

Another difference is that simc will better reflect the value of stacked buffs, which is far more significant for BM than it is for SV, even with the removal of readiness.

With regards to an offset piece, normally I think we'd look for an alternative to the pants since they have 2 blue sockets, but the offset pants aren't really noticably better, so probably offset will be whatever you manage to get warforged.

#58 Lokrick

Lokrick

Piston Honda

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

The current BiS profile I'm starting from is the following (exportable to SimC). Note this is a troll profile. Orc will have to reforge into more expertise. Also, I will tweak this as the weeks go by. For now, my offset piece is the legs, but I haven't really done a lot of iterations on the gear.

Also, SimC is apparently simming much higher hunter dps than Femaledwarf is right now. The FD profile I am working from is at roughly 362k dps in HWF gear and shows DB/BS winning over DB/AMoC by ~1.2k dps. The SimC equivalent is posted earlier in this thread and is showing us simming at 398k dps for DB/AMoC and 2.5k dps less for DB/BS.

FD profile: 363,042.88 dps

By converting to Orc and reforging Mastery on Ring of Restless Energy to Expertise, I get 354851 dps from FD. Simc shows a different order from the recent buffs, but it's likely in the noise:

406062 Hunter_BM_000221_70d991df as orc
405923 Hunter_BM_000221_70d991df
394842 Hunter_BM_T16H

I'll update simc with your gear set. Zeherah and I will likely review our damage results to see if the differences are bugs or simulation subtleties. EDIT: Without banner and stormlash:

> simc10.exe ptr=1 ptr=1 threads=7 iterations=10000 override.stormlash=0 override.skull_banner=0 Hunter_BM_T16H_orc.simc Hunter_BM_T16H_troll.simc

387966  50.1%  Hunter_BM_000221_70d991df as orc
 386915  49.9%  Hunter_BM_000221_70d991df

#59 Effinhunter

Effinhunter

Piston Honda

• • Guide Author
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

The dps in the profile went from 363k to 362k for troll on FD over the weekend (looks like Zeherah made some changes to RPPM procs). I took a bit of time to try to tweak the profile back up to 363k and got really close. Boots were changed to Ravager's and secondary stats were tweaked a bit.

FD Troll HWF: 362,959.09

SimC Troll HWF: hunter="Hunter_BM_000221_bed7c7a3"
level=90
race=troll
spec=beast_mastery
position=ranged_back
role=attack
talents=000221
head=headguard_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99402,upgrade=2,gems=capacitive_primal_160agi_180agi
neck=gleaming_eye_of_the_devilsaur,id=105602,upgrade=2,reforge=haste_hit
shoulder=spaulders_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99404,upgrade=2,reforge=exp_hit,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=200agi_100crit
back=fenyu_fury_of_xuen,id=102248,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=180crit
chest=tunic_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99405,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_160agi_160agi_180agi,enchant=80agi_80sta
wrist=wristguards_of_ruination,id=105562,upgrade=2,reforge=crit_hit,enchant=180agi
hand=gloves_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99406,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=170haste
waist=arrowflight_girdle,id=105584,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_80agi_160crit_160agi_120agi
legs=leggings_of_unabashed_anger,id=105454,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_exp,gems=80agi_160hit_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit
feet=ravagers_pathwalkers,id=105553,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=140agi
ring1=kilruks_band_of_ascendancy,id=105624,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
ring2=ring_of_restless_energy,id=105558,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
trinket1=assurance_of_consequence,id=105472,upgrade=2
trinket2=ticking_ebon_detonator,id=105612,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_crit
main_hand=hiseks_reserve_longbow,id=105623,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=lord_blastingtons_scope_of_doom

Since everyone asks about the Orc profile, this was the best I could get. It's a bit short of hit (-24 rating), but if I switch the haste -> reforge from the neck to the gloves, I lose 380 dps. As usual, I'll keep tweaking profiles and welcome feedback.

FD Orc HWF: 362,687.81

SimC Orc HWF:
hunter="Hunter_BM_000221_1cafc675"
level=90
race=orc
spec=beast_mastery
position=ranged_back
role=attack
talents=000221
head=headguard_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99402,upgrade=2,gems=capacitive_primal_160agi_180agi
neck=gleaming_eye_of_the_devilsaur,id=105602,upgrade=2,reforge=haste_hit
shoulder=spaulders_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99404,upgrade=2,reforge=exp_crit,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=200agi_100crit
back=fenyu_fury_of_xuen,id=102248,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=180crit
chest=tunic_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99405,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_160agi_160agi_180agi,enchant=80agi_80sta
wrist=wristguards_of_ruination,id=105562,upgrade=2,enchant=180agi
hand=gloves_of_the_unblinking_vigil,id=99406,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_160agi_120agi,enchant=170haste
waist=arrowflight_girdle,id=105584,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_80agi_160crit_160agi_120agi
legs=leggings_of_unabashed_anger,id=105454,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_exp,gems=80agi_160hit_80agi_160hit_120agi,enchant=285agi_165crit
feet=ravagers_pathwalkers,id=105553,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=140agi
ring1=kilruks_band_of_ascendancy,id=105624,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
ring2=ring_of_restless_energy,id=105558,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_exp,gems=160agi_60crit,enchant=160agi
trinket1=assurance_of_consequence,id=105472,upgrade=2
trinket2=ticking_ebon_detonator,id=105612,upgrade=2,reforge=mastery_hit
main_hand=hiseks_reserve_longbow,id=105623,upgrade=2,gems=160agi_60agi,enchant=lord_blastingtons_scope_of_doom

P.S. Technically, Synapse Strings still makes Engineering the best profession for BM via the BW synergy. I leave that out of the FD profiles, but it can be a significant dps gain.

#60 McBlemmen

McBlemmen

Glass Joe

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm sorry if this is mentioned sopmewhere earlyer , but i couldnt find a solid answer.

Will haste still be better in 5.4 after the RPPM nerfs? I'm currently going for crit becouse i only had 2 RPPM items , but got bad juju last raid, so would it be worth it to go haste or just stick with crit? (Im thinking stick with crit)

Thank you for this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users